A response to nonbelievers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cup-of-Ruin

Lot of talk lately about the division between believers and nonbelivers and I was wondering how I could address this, so I turned to 1 John and I read;

1 John 4:1-15

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits, whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the spirit of God; every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, whereby ye have heard that it would come; and even now already it is in the world.

We are of God, little children and have overcome them: because greater is He That is in you, than he that is in the world.
They are of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God, he that heareth God heareth us, he that is not of God heareth us not. Hereby we know the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Beloved let us love one another: for love is of God, and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not knoweth not God: for God is love.

In this was manifest the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be a propitiation for our sins.

Beloved if God so loved us, we ought to love one another.
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.

Hereby we know that we dwell in Him, and He is in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he is of God."

And it's interesting how the Apostle John mentions that there are many antichrists and many false prophets and basically the way he distinguishes who is one of these antichrists or false prophets is that they do not believe that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh and is the Son of God and the only Saviour. He says that if they as non-believers are not hearing us as Christians than thay are not of God, if they were of God they would hear. John does not say that non-believers should be loved, no, he says that God is love, the Spirit of God that dwelleth in you is of God, for John there is no love between believers in Christ and nonbelievers, if you are a nonbeliever than you have not the love of God and you are not of God, if you are of God you would confess and testify that the Father sent the son to be Saviour of the world. That means that you cannot save yourself, Buddha cannot save you, Muhammad cannot, knowledge or technology or human ingenuity cannot save you, a witch or a wizard cannot, a politian or a worldly king or queen cannot give you salvation...There are many false prophets there are many antichrists, John says they are in the world and of the world and they heareth not the words of God!
No one can give you salvation or love unless God's Spirit is in you and you confess and testify that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh, is the only Saviour and is the only begotten Son of the Living God! There is no other way, there is no other option, any other option would be a lie, if I was to tell you another way, then I would be a liar, but I tell you there is no other way, there is no love outside of the Spirit of Christ, it does not exist, there is no common ground, there is no grey area, there is no mutual ground, John divides just like Jesus does, He divides it in two, those on His right hand and those on His left, His sheep and the goats, Christian and antichristian, the Spirit of God and the spirit of the antichrist...Christianity is not just another 'belief system' or one method among many, it's not just another choice you make, it's not a personal religious commitment that shares the same similarities as all other religions, Christianity is not common, it is sovereign, royal, divine in conception and origin, not like the world not of the world, it stands alone complete, absolute and without peers. If you are a Christian you are a family member of the household of God, born of incorruptible seed, that means you cannot be corrupted! You are children of the Most High God, you are part of His family, origin is not earthly, your origin is heavenly!

Jesus Christ said "Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven, to them it is not given."

Jesus Christ says that He is not going to give His secrets to some rebellious, demonic offspring, I'm not revealling My plans to them, I give it to you!
We have Christians today and they want to make Jesus Christ out to be some poor begger who needs love and support, He dosn't need anything, He has inherited the entire universe and every atom that it contains, He does not require anything from you, it's all His already, everything has been given unto the Lord Jesus, He has already won, He has already conquered, this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His Kingdom is coming, He is building it now as I speak, He plans to occupy the earth, all of it, if you stand in His way He is going to crush you, He is the Almighty, who rose from the dead, He is the Resurrection, the Salvation, the Creator, the only begotton Son of a Living God!

If you are a nonbeliever, you may want to contemplate that, He is not offering a multitude of options and ways, He is telling you that there is only one way, it it's a straight and narrow way and there are few that find it, and it is through Christ and by Christ, it begins and it ends with HIM!

Last edited:
G

Graybeard

I agree with you one hundred percent!!

A

Aliciaforjesus

Many say they believe in God, but few have had Him revealed, you can tell by their fruit!
The fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of love, not that we loved God first, but He loved us and revealed the truth.
God loves all of us, He sent His Son Jesus for all the world.

The word says we are to love even our enemies, so I think part the part about not loving non-believers is wrong!
When Jesus came to doubting Tomas, Jesus gave him what he needed to believe.
When Jesus healed, He gave people what they needed to believe.
He won people by giving them faith and showing them the Love of The Father!

If someone steals from you, your shirt, you are to offer your coat also,
If someone spitefully uses you, you are to pray for them.
If someone hits you, you are to offer the other cheek also.

We are to love all, Jesus died for all the world.
We don't pick and choose, God does the picking, not you!
We are responsible to be a representative of God, and God is Love!
We are commanded to Love God with all your heart and all your mind with all your strength, and then to love your neighbor as yourself.

We are commanded to love, and let God be the judge of a mans heart.

He says we can judge them by their fruits, but you must remember our fight is not against flesh and blood!
If God looks past our sins, and gives us Grace, (undeserved favor) aren't we suppose to do that too?
Didn't God give you your faith when you first believed, by Grace!
Are you without sin yet?

Love is patient
Love is kind

Love is not all butterflies in the stomach, like people think!
Love is a way of treating others, we are to love our neighbors as ourselves!
What happens if our neighbor is an unbeliever or a false prophet?
How do you want to be treated on your worst day?
Love does no one wrong, it never demands its own way.
Nor does it hold a record of when its been wronged.
When we love and mix faith with that love, it never fails, if it did, than God would be a liar!
We all know God can not lie!
God says love never fails, God is Love!

We all know we are in the last days,
and like when Jesus came the first time,
we are looking for Him, because the scriptures have foretold His Coming!
We are the generation that will see Him coming from the east.

Troubles like never before, are about to take place, but the Lord has promised us to be saved from the worst part!
Right now, like never before there is a separation going on between the wheat and the tears!
The word says not a stone will be left that has not been turned in the temple as we know it!
A curtain, a veil to be removed, a time of the gentiles to be fulfilled.
We will see the children of God like never before, and as the coming of the Lord gets closer, all creation will cry out as He get closer!

Earthquakes, volcano's erupting, seas roaring, global warming!
The sun will be darkened and the moon turned red.

Many will come and say Lord, Lord please let us in, but to them who don't love, He'll say, go away I never knew you!
For your works were not of love and faith!
They were of judgment and without any mercy, I am not like that, for my mercy always out weights my judgment!
And my goodness is what leads to repentance!
All things are about love and for love,
God is love and those who love are of God!
Love is what changes things,
it gives life, it is life, without it we only want to die and darkness consumes us.
We are to be life givers.
Knowledge puffs up but love edifies, lifts us up!

It is a time to love, not hate!
It's a time to take the church back to it's first love!
No matter what denomination you come from, love should be the light that draws people to the Lord.
Love is what binds us all together, it should be us, we should be seen as love.
For God is Love and we are made is His image, He is the light of men, He (LOVE) gives us life.

If you are so worried about false prophets and unbelievers you are walking in fear and fear is not of God!
It means love has not been perfected in you.

I did not mean to make this so long, it just kept coming!
God Bless all of you with the understanding of what love is and what it is not!
There is no being tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine, with love!
It is a sure foundation to build on, and when the storms come you will not crumble!
Listen, if God is love than, Jesus died for Love, He laid His life down in love, for Love His Father.
That means the Spirit that lives in you is Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.