A Slave of Righteousness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
In the 1980s the Lord led me to repent of my unchastity, tobacco use, alcohol use, and caffeine use. When I put an end to these activities, my fear disappeared and my life suddenly became very beautiful. Therefore I encourage you all to do as I did. Paul said it very well:

[17] But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed,
[18] and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. Rom 6:17-18 RSV

G

giantone

its easy to keep doing the things you are comfortable with, and many of those things we hate but we do them anyway because they are comfortable or are all we know. It's hard to quit doing the things that are comfortable,some people have the counterproductive tenancy of spending too much time closed up indoors away from other people on the computer or watching shows. (I can be like that) and its comfortable but not necessarily fun. The more you choose to overcome the more freedom you get. The more you listen to God's Word and do it, the more freedom you get. and if you become a slave to what God wants then you will become free from what is bad for you. We have to make those choices every day.

S

silverwind

i like my coffee tho' :)

May 21, 2009
Some things we can just change and stop easy. Some can only be stopped or changed by the power of God.

Dec 19, 2009
Some things we can just change and stop easy. Some can only be stopped or changed by the power of God.
The Lord points us in the right direction. We must then take the steps, right?

May 21, 2009
Sure. Jesus drank wine. Theres nothing wrong with it unless your a alcoholic. Or a alcoholic is around you.

Now if we are going to make laws about drinking coffee, why don't we bring all the laws back into effect??

At what point is the blood of Jesus ever going to be enough??

If you were feeling guilty about certain things then of course the Lord would guide you to help you.

We are not to make others feel guilty about things right??

If your brother does this and you don't then don't make him feel bad. If someone wants to not eat pork so be it. If he does so be it.

I know a pastor who basically told his church that if they were fat they were going to hell. From a fat pastor who had a fat wife and fat kids.

I think more time needs to spent on feeling people up with the love of God. God has been showing me people are broken to pieces. Their souls are smased down to the ground. He wants us to lift people up and fill them with Gods love. First we must be love.

Dec 19, 2009
Sure. Jesus drank wine. Theres nothing wrong with it unless your a alcoholic. Or a alcoholic is around you.

Now if we are going to make laws about drinking coffee, why don't we bring all the laws back into effect??

At what point is the blood of Jesus ever going to be enough??

If you were feeling guilty about certain things then of course the Lord would guide you to help you.

We are not to make others feel guilty about things right??

If your brother does this and you don't then don't make him feel bad. If someone wants to not eat pork so be it. If he does so be it.

I know a pastor who basically told his church that if they were fat they were going to hell. From a fat pastor who had a fat wife and fat kids.

I think more time needs to spent on feeling people up with the love of God. God has been showing me people are broken to pieces. Their souls are smased down to the ground. He wants us to lift people up and fill them with Gods love. First we must be love.
I’m just telling you what happened to me. Remember this:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

I

Israel

Romans 6:16-18

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

When we fully understand these verses, then truly, what Jesus did for us will be immeasurable! For even the righteous muslim who has obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine that was delivered to him, being made free from sin, became a servant of righteousness! How good is our God!

C

charisenexcelcis

When I was in rebellion, the enemy of God, He extended his mercy and I rejected Him. He continued to extend His mercy and when I was betrayed by the Great Betrayer and by my own sinful nature, I call out in desperation. He lifted me out of darkness and brought me into His marvelous light. He freed me from my demons and restored my sanity. I committed myself to serve Him, son though I may be, in greater fashion than I ever did my former masters. I have served Him for almost thirty-seven years and He has been faithful in His mercy and grace. I will serve Him, though I am an adopted son, for as long as I have breathe.

R

Renewedlife

The Lord points us in the right direction. We must then take the steps, right?
I love the saying, "Trust God and exert yourself" not sure if that is exactly how I first heard it but the meaning is to believe that we have what we need in Christ but we still to go after it with all we have!

Dec 19, 2009
I love the saying, "Trust God and exert yourself" not sure if that is exactly how I first heard it but the meaning is to believe that we have what we need in Christ but we still to go after it with all we have!
Yes, it reminds me of the song “We Are Climbing Jacob’s Ladder.” It takes some effort to climb that ladder. I am as lazy as the next person, but I’d rather make the effort than get left behind.