Adam and Eve!??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grey

Question 1. Who is Lilith? I've heard of her but never actually read about her in the bible.
Question 2. Were Adam and Eve hunter gathers?

Jan 8, 2009
Lilith, don't know, sounds like a grandma.
Adam and Eve? I guess they were gatherers. Then became hunters, and farmers, after they gathered the wrong fruit.

Jan 8, 2009
Then became hunters, and farmers, after they gathered the wrong fruit
God's way of saying that he is against vegetarianism. And for good reason too. If they stayed vegetarian they wouldn't have had enough strength to populate the human race. Adam would become anemic and Eve would be left to fend for herself against dinosaurs.

G

Grey

Did you just quote yourself :p?

C

charisenexcelcis

Lilith is a mythological first wife of Adam who appears in about the 8th century in Jewish folklore. there was a previous Liliath who was a Babylonian wind demon. Here is a part of the myth:
After God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone.' He then created a woman for Adam, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air.

Adam stood in prayer before his Creator: 'Sovereign of the universe!' he said, 'the woman you gave me has run away.' At once, the Holy One, blessed be He, sent these three angels Senoy, Sansenoy, and Semangelof, to bring her back.

Said the Holy One to Adam, 'If she agrees to come back, what is made is good. If not, she must permit one hundred of her children to die every day.' The angels left God and pursued Lilith, whom they overtook in the midst of the sea, in the mighty waters wherein the Egyptians were destined to drown. They told her God's word, but she did not wish to return. The angels said, 'We shall drown you in the sea.’

'Leave me!' she said. 'I was created only to cause sickness to infants. If the infant is male, I have dominion over him for eight days after his birth, and if female, for twenty days.’

When the angels heard Lilith's words, they insisted she go back. But she swore to them by the name of the living and eternal God: 'Whenever I see you or your names or your forms in an amulet, I will have no power over that infant.' She also agreed to have one hundred of her children die every day. Accordingly, every day one hundred demons perish, and for the same reason, we write the angels' names on the amulets of young children. When Lilith sees their names, she remembers her oath, and the child recovers.

M

MaggieMye

Good post, #6!

Maggie

F

forgivenandloved

God's way of saying that he is against vegetarianism. And for good reason too. If they stayed vegetarian they wouldn't have had enough strength to populate the human race. Adam would become anemic and Eve would be left to fend for herself against dinosaurs.

I don't think that means God is against vegetarianism I'm pretty sure its something trivial in God's eyes :)

May 21, 2009
Protien from meat is what people need to be strong to fight the devils army in the spirit. Times God take our spirits into battle. We can be fighting the devil at times and not even know it. Ever just felt weak some days and you didn't know why? Maybe the Lord had your spirit in a battle. Plus the regular warefare when we are praying and we need to be strong. Or if a battle is coming up we need to be strong. Thats what the meat is for. God made meat for us to eat.

G

greatkraw

Protien from meat is what people need to be strong to fight the devils army in the spirit. Times God take our spirits into battle. We can be fighting the devil at times and not even know it. Ever just felt weak some days and you didn't know why? Maybe the Lord had your spirit in a battle. Plus the regular warefare when we are praying and we need to be strong. Or if a battle is coming up we need to be strong. Thats what the meat is for. God made meat for us to eat.

good post..........