Adopt a Terrorist for Prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jordan9

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
Ephesians 6:12

Adopt a Terrorist is an organization calling for Christians everywhere to do as Scriptures say and drive out evil with love. When you Adopt a Terrorist, you pledge to pray for them so that they may repent from their ways and know the perfect love of Christ

http://atfp.aatfp.org/

Check it out. I love it.

Jan 8, 2009
If you do know a terrorist in your own country, first thing would be to report them to the authorities. Secondly, Stephen wasn't killed by terrorism, it's called persecution.

J

Jordan9

Re: your first point. The link did not say anything to the contrary. Lol unless I missed something!

Re: your second. Are they mutually-exclusive? Terrorism is using fear to oppress; using fear for political gains.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have always believed that we are to pray for all that do not know Jesus. Especially our enemies. I also pray for protection for all from them. But I see these as he ones that need our prayer so God will be glorified and they will know his Love.
God bless, pickles

Jan 8, 2009
Re: your second. Are they mutually-exclusive? Terrorism is using fear to oppress; using fear for political gains.
Well, I gather since even the president of Iran is on the website the websitse definition of "terrorist" is fairly loose. Still, Stephen was stoned by an angry religious mob in the spur of the moment, in accordance with their laws, but no doubt without right approval from the authorities, except where Paul approved. I wouldn't call them terrorists in the sense of instilling fear or terror in enemies in order to bring about a political outcome.

I

Indra

Adopt a Terrorist is an organization calling for Christians everywhere to do as Scriptures say and drive out evil with love. When you Adopt a Terrorist, you pledge to pray for them so that they may repent from their ways and know the perfect love of Christ
Great find!

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

J

Jordan9

Well, I gather since even the president of Iran is on the website the websitse definition of "terrorist" is fairly loose. Still, Stephen was stoned by an angry religious mob in the spur of the moment, in accordance with their laws, but no doubt without right approval from the authorities, except where Paul approved. I wouldn't call them terrorists in the sense of instilling fear or terror in enemies in order to bring about a political outcome.
I think, regarding Ahmadinejad, he is on there as an alleged sponsor of terrorism. But I take your meaning, the definition of terrorist has changed quite a bit in a post-9/11 world.

P

Peacefulcrusader

Very good.

In fact, I've been praying for some of these guys already - well, I try to remember them in prayer. I've been praying speficially for Osama bin Laden himself. There is always hope, no matter who you are or what you have done. All of us are sinners anyway, so we all need Christ.

F

FixYourWeave

Wouldnt it be better to adopt a hampster or a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.