Advice on this book in video

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...
Does anyone know about this video series called Superbook...
I am looking for something to help my smaller grandchildren understand the bible...
They have little bible books that I have bought them , but when they are at home with their mum and dad ( both unbelievers ) I was wondering about giving them this to watch from YouTube ...
I watched this first episode last night , but I would like some advice from anyone who has seen it and tell me what you think, and thank you in advance...

Feb 28, 2016
personally Rose,
we are not fans of animation or false images being put into the mind -
especially young minds, we think it takes away from
the Heart of The Word...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
personally Rose,
we are not fans of animation or false images being put into the mind -
especially young minds, we think it takes away from
the Heart of The Word...
Thank you for your input...
...xox...

G

Godsgirl83

Hi all...
I am looking for something to help my smaller grandchildren understand the bible...
They have little bible books that I have bought them , but when they are at home with their mum and dad ( both unbelievers ) I was wondering about giving them this to watch from YouTube ...
I watched this first episode last night , but I would like some advice from anyone who has seen it and tell me what you think, and thank you in advance...
OH YEAH! Thanks for posting that link.
My husband found it once while looking for stuff on youtube for the kids, but forgot what it was called.
I don't think I've ever really watched it, but he did with the kids (for a few hours :eek: - usually he can't watch/listen to the kids stuff to long before being driven bonkers, but was also glued to this )
and I trust his judgment on things like this, if he thought anything was "off" Biblically , he would not have continued to let the kids watch it.
They were recently asking to watch it again, now I know what to search for. :D

G

Godsgirl83

I'm watching it now, and have to say, there are very few children's bible shows that actually QUOTE scripture......
many of them tell the stories but don't actually quote the word.
This one has put actual scriptural quotes in several places.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Good info, thank you and bless you GG! Will definitely share.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi @Godsgirl83 ...
Thanks for your input...
I am still unsure to be honest because I still don`t know myself if it is the best way to guide children , or let them learn from the bible first...
What I mean is this...Their parents are not believers , so they are not fed the word , I believe if they knew enough of the word , then it would be ok for them to watch it so that they could discern for themselves , but like I said , I am still not sure , will need to think about it some more...
...xox...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
pray with them, He will show up for them and they will learn relationship with Him and not just about Him.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
pray with them, He will show up for them and they will learn relationship with Him and not just about Him.
Well most things are harder in lockdown , but I do pray for them , and teach them the truth of Gods word...
My little granddaughter who is five sings " Jesus loves me , He is in my heart " , that is why I posted the OP , to see if the video was suitable , to help them understand about Jesus and build their relationship with Him...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Pray for something that He will respond to quickly so they can see He is very much present with them, one most likely will need to be Spirit filled and born again, I and my grandson experience Him immediately as He sends His confirmation in accordance with John 16, where He tells us Holy Spirit will guide, speak and show.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I love this programme, it gives really good insight into biblical stories. I like this one in particular because it explores the war that happened in heaven. Its good to show your grand-kids. Its not just for the young but also the old.