Afraid to die?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SamIam

Ive been around death alot unfortunatly, ive walked in rooms and found people dead, ive seen people die right in front of me, ..... and that above all scares me the most..... dying... I think if i found out i was dying though, i would probably be more desperately sad that i would have to leave my family and my daughter than i would be afraid..

L

Lauren

However personally, what I fear, is not death, or being dead, but rather the process of dying: taking the last breath, and knowing that the next will not come, or feeling that intense pain that my body cannot fight. However, the more I read the scriptures, and as I read about others who were martyred, I find a curious thing. Consider Stephen's death in Acts 7:59-60 "And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." What a reaction! Only by the grace of God would one who is being stoned to death be able to call upon God for the forgiveness of his murders, right before taking his last breath.

Throughout the years, and mostly from reading the Bible, I can honestly say that my fear even of dying has become substantially less. I truly believe that when the time comes that the Lord will call me home, no matter how painful or terrifying the process may appear from a physical standpoint, the Lord will give me the same peace that he gave Stephen.
Yes, yes, yes! I don't fear what comes after death, but like you, I've wondered about those last few moments. But from this account in the Bible we can see that God will give us grace for that time, perhaps even hold us in his loving arms to take us out of this life.

A

Amy81986

Im not afraid to die, but im afraid for my family. I know where ill go when i pass, for them it is scary. They are not Christians. So i would raither it be me then them.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I thought Id share something my mom wrote to be read at her funural. She passed 8 yrs ago. I look forward to meeting all of you at the gates of heaven with arms open wide to hold you again. All my love in Jesus. God bless pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.