Alabama Gov. Signs Abortion Ban into Law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) signed the Human Life Protection Act into law, one that makes most abortions in the state at any point during pregnancy illegal, except those necessary in order to prevent “a serious health risk to the unborn child’s mother.”

“Today, I signed into law the Alabama Human Life Protection Act, a bill that was approved by overwhelming majorities in both chambers of the Legislature,” Ivey said Wednesday upon signing the bill. “To the bill’s many supporters, this legislation stands as a powerful testament to Alabamians’ deeply held belief that every life is precious and that every life is a sacred gift from God.”

Full story here:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/15/alabama-gov-kay-ivey-signs-abortion-ban-into-law/

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
great to see this, my state ( ga. ) just passed one a few weeks ago.

lawsuits and court battles to follow.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
In the past month there have been a number of states that have passed restricted abortion bills. It is now almost a sure thing that this issue will be challenged in the US Supreme Court to decide whether or not a woman, per the constitution, has the right to kill her unborn child. Another question that may be brought before the court is what is the legal definition of human life and where does it begin. Best case, the Supreme Court allows each individual state to decide these questions and to have their laws enforced without any appeal or delay.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
great to see this, my state ( ga. ) just passed one a few weeks ago.

lawsuits and court battles to follow.
So, now it starts. The divisions between the states and the liberals versus the conservatives will draw this nation into conflict. Lord help us to be the salt and the light.

S

Susanna

I’m with the President on this one, not with states like Alabama.

S

Susanna

Where was the President's stance declared? :unsure:
Shouldn’t you rather be asking WHAT the President’s stance on this is? But it was on Twitter first...where else?😁😁😁

K

kaylagrl

Where was the President's stance declared? :unsure:

I believe he said he thinks there should be exceptions in the case of rape and incest. But that is only 2% of abortions. So if people believe in those exceptions it would still get rid of the majority of abortions.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am not really against these, but the problem is how are they going to be defined?