ALL THINGS MEANS ALL THINGS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Brothers, Sisters and Friends,

In the book of Ephesians chapter 5:20 one of the subordinate clauses that proves that you are continually filled with the Spirit is....

Giving thanks always for all things
unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ........

As a sinner it has been hard to do this.....it is easy to preach this and or teach this, but when the rubber meets the road it seems to be very difficult, if not impossible for the natural man to thank God for everything that happens both good and bad!
I had to take my child to Children’s Hospital in St. Louis a couple of days ago for normal (if you can call it that) appointments and the whole way there were sloooooooooooow vehicles and 18 wheelers to follow through the curvy roads of Washington county and I never griped once....

My wife commented and said, “You have done a good job today” and I said, “Doing what”....

She said, “You haven’t griped and or complained the whole way there and back.”....

I thought about 2 seconds and said, “That is because I reminded myself about 387 times that I am to be thankful for all things!...................................

Why should it be a spiritual proof of being filled with the Spirit?----->to be thankful for all things that is.....

All things work together for good
to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

We cannot see the future and or the end results of our actions today.....or the actions of others around us...At the end of the day it is like a friend who had a flat recently.....I reminded him of the above scripture in Ephesians and He said.....”I am glad I had the flat here instead of on the highway.”

That is what I am talking about.........AMEN for sure!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I take the position in/thru all things give thanks not 'for'. But that's me.

Mar 15, 2014
ALL THINGS

"But be on guard, I have told you ALL THINGS beforehand." Mark 13:23, see also John 4:25-26__be prepared

Dec 12, 2013
I take the position in/thru all things give thanks not 'for'. But that's me.
Yeah I don't know as the word is translated (for) in my bible, and is the Greek word (hyper)---> On account of.When Christians suffer hardships because of their faith...and used as well in an expression of praise and thanksgiving when ties to suffering hardships--->Kittel Theological Dictionary of New Testament Words...Translated (For) and or indicated in the bibles I use to study and also the same word in my Greek New testament....

I will stick with (for) mi amigo

J

Jda016

That is a powerful revelation to be grateful for all things. I remember experiencing this recently...

I was having a very good day and while I was driving someone ran a stop sign and pulled in front of me. We both slammed on our brakes and missed each other, I had the right away, but this person stared me down and flicked me off, many times and very vigorously. I motioned my hand for him to go through and he did all the while flicking me off more.

I was tempted to let this ruin my day, but as I prayed about it, I asked, "God, what would you have me learn from this?" I believe he showed me that even when people are clearly in the wrong, they can still hate you. I saw this in a grander scale that when we preach Christ, people will hate us, not because we did something wrong, but because they are doing something wrong. I chose to love this person who was so rude and prayed for them.

I learned not only to be grateful for all things, but to ask God what I can learn from all things. It truly changes your whole life! Although it is hard to do continually.

Jan 6, 2014
I remember a preacher years ago said: "all means all and that is all all means."

Christ be with you always.

Dec 12, 2013
That is a powerful revelation to be grateful for all things. I remember experiencing this recently...

I was having a very good day and while I was driving someone ran a stop sign and pulled in front of me. We both slammed on our brakes and missed each other, I had the right away, but this person stared me down and flicked me off, many times and very vigorously. I motioned my hand for him to go through and he did all the while flicking me off more.

I was tempted to let this ruin my day, but as I prayed about it, I asked, "God, what would you have me learn from this?" I believe he showed me that even when people are clearly in the wrong, they can still hate you. I saw this in a grander scale that when we preach Christ, people will hate us, not because we did something wrong, but because they are doing something wrong. I chose to love this person who was so rude and prayed for them.

I learned not only to be grateful for all things, but to ask God what I can learn from all things. It truly changes your whole life! Although it is hard to do continually.
Good testimony of truth and yes it is hard to do for sure...which testifies to rising above humanity and being godly.