Am I demon possessed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

selenah

I feel like a creep asking this. Ha you probably all think I'm a psycho. But its's like when I pray I feel like I'm talking to a wall. I just feel like God is so far away. I keep having these dreams that make me feel so scared. Like last night I dreamed there was this snake that was bitting my leg and then it saw me looking at it and it jumped and bit my neck. It was so real it was like I could feel it. It woke me up and idk. It was just so real. It's like I want to be close to God so much, but then I feel like I'm running into a wall.

A

AnandaHya

pray to God to save you and trust in His promise to you:

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

the enemy tries and attack all people but God gives us the tools to fight Him off. you are not demon possessed. Even Jesus was attacked by Satan (Matthew 4) and Peter had to have Satan's thoughts casted out of him by Jesus

Matthew 16:21-23 (New King James Version)

Jesus Predicts His Death and Resurrection
21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.
22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”
23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

However Jesus still loved Peter and told Peter that He would help build His church.

Matthew 16:18
And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

here is a song. God loves YOU!

YouTube - God's love letter

O

oncemore

MY THAT devil fights you a lot if you was demon possessed the devil would not be doing this to you are free in CHRIST REBUKE THAT DEVIL AND START SING GOSPEL SONGS to make you feel better when you wake up like that and sing to God is good for the innerman it will keep him on his feet in battle. stay blessed.

May 21, 2009
I feel like a creep asking this. Ha you probably all think I'm a psycho. But its's like when I pray I feel like I'm talking to a wall. I just feel like God is so far away. I keep having these dreams that make me feel so scared. Like last night I dreamed there was this snake that was bitting my leg and then it saw me looking at it and it jumped and bit my neck. It was so real it was like I could feel it. It woke me up and idk. It was just so real. It's like I want to be close to God so much, but then I feel like I'm running into a wall.
The devil is attacking you in your dreams. He did this to me when I was a child and with a scary snake. Oh rotten devil. Read your word. Tell Satan to get away from you in Jesus name. Don't put up with him. You must get closer to God. You will be fine and you are not possessed. The devil is messing with you that is his job. Your job is to learn God. Get power from God and put Satan under your feet. I don't think your psycho. I think your very smart to ask questions. Your not praying to a wall. You believe in God which you don't see. I've been learning God for a long time and once in awhile I go off in wrong thinking and think God are you there? Where are you? And I have to put my focus back on God and remember he is right inside of me. You have to do that too. Study God.
God bless you!
Linda

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
HI there. No you are not demon possessed.

A dream is when you connect with the spirit. But it could also be a warning. What was the colour of the snake. How did it look like? Look at detail. God maybe is trying to warn you against a temptation.

As for you praying against a wall. God is omnipresent. So don't worry.
He hears you. But you might try to listen to some good worship music and worship with it before you pray.
Reason : God dwells in the workshop of His nation.

Was dream once, or has it been repeating over a few days?

E

Evicka

Hi Selenah!
I had a similar problem, I had terrible real nigtmares before I was saved, I was a bit involved in witchcraft. But then I was saved and Jesus washed me from all these things, but the dreams were still coming. It was terrible, I woke up like three times in my bed, but I was always in that dream, it was so confusing and I just felt, there's someone who wants to hurt me, I was so scared, I was praying in that dream and ask Jesus to wake me up and he always did, but I was still scared when I woke up and I had the feeling like I just couldn't pray, Like it was something between me and God. Then I just started to reading the Bible and singing praise and then it was ok. Then I joined to the church, and the pastor said to me, what I should do. If you were baptised in the name of JESUS, you are child of God, he is in you and as its written in 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. You have the authority to ban the demonic influence in your life.
When I heard this, I was surprised, no one ever told me this before! Then when I had another dream, I set on the floor in my room and I just felt the demons flying around me, I kept saying JESUS IS LORD, JESUS IS LORD! And then I remembered on the words of pastor and I said this: I ban and refuse every demonic influence and I'm covering myself with the blood of JESUS! Immediately the demons were gone and I woke up and felt such a peace, there was no fear anymore. THANK YOU JESUS!

So if you feel there's something wrong, bind the demons, you belong to Jesus and they have no rights on you! Read the Psalms or any other verses from bible, aloud if you can and praise the Lord.. The wrong feelings that you have will be gone.. Surely you are not possesed, Satan just trying to scared you and depart you from God. But God is always with you, even when you don't feel him.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. (John 10: 27-29)

I hope this helped you :)
I will pray for you..
God bless :)

May 4, 2011
You're not demon possessed.... because if I was a demon and possessed someone Id mess with there mind to make sure they never realised they were possessed and Im not that smart.

F

Fauna

A child of God CANNOT be Demon Possessed.

D

disbeliever

No, you're not possessed by demons. Don't be a silly goose.

Jun 20, 2010
Funnily enough this was my only vivid nightmare I remember as a child, but it includes some Mafia men, near a train platform, to hold me down while the snake did its work. Thing is when I woke up, I didn't think it was anymore than dream, although it had put me into an emotional state... little me went to mum obv.

I don't think your a psycho, but I am questioning why you have created so many topics as of late that don't sound like genuine questions from your curiousity. Just Sayin *shrug*. Nevertheless, will keep answering genuinely anyway :)

A

AnandaHya

sometimes i post things to see the response before posting what is really bugging me.

M

MaggieMye

Like last night I dreamed there was this snake that was bitting my leg and then it saw me looking at it and it jumped and bit my neck.This dream is to show you that there there is a LIE that is attacking your ability to walk...your spiritual walk. You see that it is quite blatant...'looking right at you'. It is also affecting your ability to look both ways so as to receive discernement (the ability to perceive right from wrong, good from bad, Godly from evil. The dream is given so that you can know to ask God for help...ask for wisdom, discernment and for the lie to be revealed so you can choose Truth and be able to fulfill the destiny PATH (paths are for walking) that God created you to.
Maggie
PS...That dream was from God for a purpose...."The dream was given for..."

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good words maggiemye.
The snake dream is not possesion.
This dream came to me in my teens as well.
A giant snake that kept trying to sneak into my room.
Rebuked in Jesus, it stopped and left.
Praise God, also came the understanding needed.
Call on Jesus, He will bring his care, understanding, protection and love to you. :)

God bless.
pickles

Dec 19, 2009
The Lord is always with you. It’s a mistake to believe he is far away.

Jesus commanded us to love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls, so reach out to him and love him, and do it constantly.