Am I just asking too much from God or something?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2009
I'm just wondering, I mean I know God is able to do what I want but I'm just trying to figure out why he won't do this...

-I want to have closer relationship with God.

I don't get why this one isn't working. I mean, I went to this thing yesterday morning more to get closer to God. I learned very little, and every else learned so much more than me, and they they are stronger Christian than I am. Everyone else was able to feel God's presence except for me. I just don't get why this isn't working.

-I want to get the Baptism of the Spirit.

I've been asking God about for the last month about it. I've learned a lot more about it than I used to know, but I'm still getting nowhere in actually getting the gift...

-I'm tired of worrying too much...
-I'm tired of being depressed...
-I'm tired of having no motivation...
-I'm tired of being so shy.
Hopefully those 4 will get fixed once the new meds starting taking effect, but then again I'm also worried that I won't ever get fixed and won't ever get better.

-I'm tired of having no self-confidence...
-I want to know what God's peace is like...

-I want to be able to make friends and be able to get closer to the ones I have.

I have a few offline friends. Mostly guys and a few girls. I'm not that close to my friends, sometimes I wonder if they really are my friends. Anyway the girls I am friends with they barely talk to me, and they don't treat me like they treat the other girls. At place like work, I can't get even get the girls my age to talk to me other than something like hi. It's really annoying to me and it's so depressing...

-I want to find a better job.

I'm work at Mc Donald’s enough said. Besides, its gives I time to think, and when I'm able to think too much I get depressed. Which leads me to make a topic like this...

-I want to be happy.

I know God should be enough to make me happy. But for some reason it's not...

But is what I'm asking for too selfish or something? I mean I know I'm selfish, but I don't know. If I'm able to be happier will that help my relationship with God?

Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong area, I just don't know where to put it.

L

Leilaii425

You think way to much. And you want to be fixed instantly. No amount of medication is going to completely fix all of your problems. My advice. Quit whining so much and so something about these things. For example. You want a better job. Go start filling out job applications for better jobs. Some of these things you need to just work on. You cant say god, im not going to do anything except take this medication and you have to do everything else for me. God gave us a brain. now use yours. Start looking up scriptures on worry and anxiety. When ever you get an anxious thought or start to worry about something. Start saying your bible verse. I struggle with anxiety to and take medication for it, so believe me i know where your comin from, but my meds didnt just take away any and every anxiety i ever have. I gotta work at it! And so do you

M

MaggieMye

I'm just wondering, I mean I know God is able to do what I want but I'm just trying to figure out why he won't do this...
-I want to have closer relationship with God.
What YOU doing so that this can happen? Are you in the Word? Do you spend TIME with Him….talking, listening, worshiping and thanking Him?
I don't get why this one isn't working. I mean, I went to this thing yesterday morning more to get closer to God. I learned very little, and every else learned so much more than me, and they they are stronger Christian than I am. Everyone else was able to feel God's presence except for me. I just don't get why this isn't working.
Sometimes God withholds the 'big, exciting, revelatory, or moving' experiences because He is trying to teach you to TRUST Him. KNOWING that He is there…believing that.
-I want to get the Baptism of the Spirit.
So go to a Pentecostal church and speak to the pastor and ask him to lay hands on you an impart it. If you can't do that, email me and we'll get it done.
I've been asking God about for the last month about it. I've learned a lot more about it than I used to know, but I'm still getting nowhere in actually getting the gift...
Command the spirit of fear to leave you in the name of Jesus Christ. It IS God's desire that you have this empowerment!!
-I'm tired of worrying too much...
Worry is fear. FEAR NOT! TRUST in He who loves you most!
-I'm tired of being depressed...
Depression is the highest form of self-pity. Go and volunteer somewhere and see how good you feel after helping others.
-I'm tired of having no motivation...
Be a DOER of the Word!!
-I'm tired of being so shy.
Again…this is a spirit of fear…the fear of man. TELL IT to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.
Hopefully those 4 will get fixed once the new meds starting taking effect, but then again I'm also worried that I won't ever get fixed and won't ever get better.
I know you and I have had differences. But it truly is my heart's desire to see you stepping in the destiny that God created you for. You can't do that unless you REALLY understand who you are in Christ SO you can take authority over the CRAP that satan is trying to keep you bound with.
-I'm tired of having no self-confidence...
see above
-I want to know what God's peace is like...
It is knowing and understanding that no matter how badly you might screw up, He loves YOU. It's knowing and understanding that it is His heart's desire to succeed at what He gives you to do. It is believing that God never uses the word 'failure' (check your concordance if you don't believe me), and that our unsuccesses are simply an indicator of how much more training we need in any given area of spiritual development. And then, it is understanding that RESTING in Him (by grasping the above) is utter violence to the kingdom of darkness. When you rest in God, the enemy can't touch you there, in that rest.
-I want to be able to make friends and be able to get closer to the ones I have.
Study they Gospels to learn how Christ loved everyone and how He CHOSE not to ever take offense at anything said or done to Him. Understand that people operate out of their own woundedness and satan is quick to use them….us against each other…and usually without our knowledge.

I have a few offline friends. Mostly guys and a few girls. I'm not that close to my friends, sometimes I wonder if they really are my friends. Anyway the girls I am friends with they barely talk to me, and they don't treat me like they treat the other girls. At place like work, I can't get even get the girls my age to talk to me other than something like hi. It's really annoying to me and it's so depressing...
Do you purpose to BE a friend? Do you invite them to lunch? Ask questions about their lives…take an interest in what they are doing, what they like, how they feel about things?
-I want to find a better job. So Apply! Dress up in khaki pants, dress shirt, and blazer. If you can't afford Wal-Mart for these things, check out your local thrift store or 2nd had shop.
I'm work at Mc Donald’s enough said. What about asking for a promotion?? Besides, its gives I time to think, and when I'm able to think too much I get depressed. Which leads me to make a topic like this... Then you should be paying more attention to the task at hand and the customers….which will grant you favor with your boss…which will encourage him to give you a promotion. Make your day about everyone ELSE BUT YOU and you will be amazed at how you feel at the end of the day.
-I want to be happy. Content would be better. Happiness is a short-term condition only.
I know God should be enough to make me happy. But for some reason it's not...
You will become content in all things as you learn more about who you are created to be in Him.
But is what I'm asking for too selfish or something? I mean I know I'm selfish,
part of the problem but I don't know. If I'm able to be happier will that help my relationship with God? No, your relationship and submission to God will make you more content.
Now…I'm pulling 'mother' rank here. You are young enough to be my son, so just bear with me. What are you eating? Fast food? Junk food, soda, chips and the occasional can of Ravioli or package of Raman?? If that is the type of diet you are eating then your brain is not getting the nutrition it NEEDS to be able to function properly. You NEED the nutrients found in fresh fruits and veggies, whole grain breads and lean meats….Veggies, being the MOST important. You CANNOT expect your brain or body to function the way God designed it to if you are not putting the foods HE created it to use into it!!

Maggie

Sep 27, 2009
I was your age once and a very unhappy person. Now I am 56. I made a lot of mistakes when I was your age. I was aware that I had to love the Lord with all of my heart, soul, and mind, but I had little discipline when it came to other things. It wasn’t until I started breaking my bad habits that I finally found happiness. That is not to say you have any bad habits. It could be simply that the Lord wants you to make a simple change in your life. Or it could be something complicated, I suppose. But trust the Lord—he will lead you to happiness.

E

easygoing

Looking at your post above the main tone is one of me me me me, or I I I I. God hears your prayers and knows what is needed for you but remember that you need to put the lord first before everything in your life. Another thing to remember is that god does answer prayers but he doesn't always get them there using fedex..sometimes it comes on pony express. and for good reason because sometimes a change is necessary in the person praying before the gift arrives. it will arrive and god is aware of the time that a praying person is prepared to recieve the gift. When we pray to god we have to look at ourselves in the present and see if we are prepared for what it is that we are actually praying for. Should god reward us with wealth if our money management skills will have us further in debt than before we recieved the wealth? Would we better prepare ourselves by learning how to manage money first? How about if a person is praying for a spouse? Is the praying person mature enough for god to send someone into their life or is the person still living in moms basement? Or maybe the spouse god has picked is younger and has not reached the proper age yet....some couples have 4-5 years age difference and if someone is 21 and the spouse is younger...well thats just plain gross lol. point being here be patient with god and before you point the finger at god and say "HEY! WHATS TAKING SO LONG" take a look at yourself first. God is with you and will give you all that is prayed for as long as you accept his timing and his decisions. Remeber moses.. He wandered 40 years in the desert before his time came. Don't question gods timing just prepare yourself so that you are ready on the day you recieve your answer. If it is tomorrow or 30 years from now it doesn't matter because if you give thanks everyday to god keeping him first in all your life then your prayer will be answered.

Jul 6, 2009
dothackzero, check your PM box.

Status
Not open for further replies.