Ancestors:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Uncommon

Leviticus 26:45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Could this verse have anything to do with redeeming dead ancestors who never believed in Jesus?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Lev 26:39  The remnants among you will waste away on account of their iniquity in the land of your enemies. Indeed, they'll also waste away on account of the iniquities of their ancestors with them. 

Lev 26:40  "Nevertheless, when they confess their iniquity, the iniquity of their ancestors, and their unfaithfulness by which they acted unfaithfully against me by living life contrary to me, 

Lev 26:41  causing me to oppose them and take them to the land of their enemies so that the uncircumcised foreskin of their hearts can be humbled and so that they accept the punishment of their iniquity, 

Lev 26:42  then I'll remember my covenant with Jacob, my covenant with Isaac, and my covenant with Abraham. I'll also remember the land. 

Lev 26:43  "They will leave the land so it can rest while it lies desolate without them. That's when they'll receive the punishment of their iniquity because indeed they will have rejected my ordinances and despised my statutes.

Lev 26:44  "Yet despite all of these things, when they're in the land of their enemies, I won't reject or despise them so as to completely destroy them and by doing so violate my covenant with them, because I am the LORD their God. 

Lev 26:45  Instead, on account of them, I'll remember my covenant with their ancestors when I brought them out from the land of Egypt right before the eyes of the nations, so that I could be their God. I am the LORD."

Lev 26:46  These are the statutes, ordinances, and laws that the LORD made between himself and the Israelis on Mount Sinai, as recorded by the hand of Moses. 

God is speaking of the remnant that was left in other nations, that His covenants to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be attributed to them.

We see that happening now with Israel. God is with them.

U

Uncommon

Thanks for the reply's according to a lot of Christian beliefs if you commit sucide you goto hell as a mortal sinner. I have had several family members and several friends commit sucide over the years before and after I became a Christian. I am concerned about them. That is why I started this thread. From my research I see no way a person died without knowing Jesus can be saved is that true?