And now for some very positive lovely even adorable news: Tucker the Pug raises funds to buy new kennels for shelter dogs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There's a video too. I don't know how to post the embedded video code. Any advice?
It may be that only youtube videos can be embedded? To do that, hover your cursor over the three dots with a downward-pointing arrow to the right of them, which is in between the smilies' icon and the Giphy icon in the row of icons above each message box. "Insert" should show up as you hover, and when you click it, five options come up. Select Media, which is the first one, and then paste the copied url address from youube for the video you wish to display :D

I found one there of a Pug named Tucker learning tricks, but this little doggie is so much cuter :)

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks. I was hoping to find a way to get the iframe code on that video to post using the codes in that same drop down menu. There are a lot of media sites that are able to post their video feed here. I thought maybe there was a code section that would allow transfer of the article video code itself.
Thank you for your help. :) Love the video you posted. Sheltie are so adorable. One came to my house a few years ago as a stray. Sadly, they had a home and I had to surrender them to others to cuddle because they knew him first. But I was more than ready to accept him into my home. So sweet.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are welcome, SoggyKitten :) Interesting name you have there! :D Well, youtube has been around for a long time, so I imagine it is one of the more popular video sharing sites; this site's platform may only allow for their videos to be embedded. You could create a link for the url you want to post, instead of posting the actual url. Some urls can be quite long and sort of messy looking :unsure: Aesthetics are important to me LOL :D Do you know how to create a link? Just in case, or for any others who may like to know:

In the icons across the top of every message box, to the left of the little mountain (which is for inserting images), there is what looks like two links of a chain, almost like a sideways infinity symbol :) If you hover over that, it says "Insert link (Ctrl + K)". You can do that after you already have the text you want to show, or add the link text in the second line of the little app that opens. The link goes in the first line provided for text. Keyboard shortcuts are good to learn, also :D I never paid much attention to the shortcut for inserting links, but I may remember that one now :) Another neat trick is making your link a different color, which you have to do before you actually add the url. Otherwise it defaults to blue :unsure: You could also underline it, as underlining is an older way of letting people know there is a link there.

Click here I usually let people know when I have embedded a link ;) Like so <- Click!

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
You are welcome, SoggyKitten :) Interesting name you have there! :D Well, youtube has been around for a long time, so I imagine it is one of the more popular video sharing sites; this site's platform may only allow for their videos to be embedded. You could create a link for the url you want to post, instead of posting the actual url. Some urls can be quite long and sort of messy looking :unsure: Aesthetics are important to me LOL :D Do you know how to create a link? Just in case, or for any others who may like to know:

In the icons across the top of every message box, to the left of the little mountain (which is for inserting images), there is what looks like two links of a chain, almost like a sideways infinity symbol :) If you hover over that, it says "Insert link (Ctrl + K)". You can do that after you already have the text you want to show, or add the link text in the second line of the little app that opens. The link goes in the first line provided for text. Keyboard shortcuts are good to learn, also :D I never paid much attention to the shortcut for inserting links, but I may remember that one now :) Another neat trick is making your link a different color, which you have to do before you actually add the url. Otherwise it defaults to blue :unsure: You could also underline it, as underlining is an older way of letting people know there is a link there.

Click here I usually let people know when I have embedded a link ;)Like so <- Click!
Thanks.
Yes, I'm familiar with creating links at least. :giggle: There's hope for me yet. As for my name, I had just given my kitten a bath and had her in my lap towel drying her when I had to come up with a name on the site registration. Soggy kitten seemed to fit the bill. :LOL:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Erm, not sideways infinity symbol, but tilted ;):D

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
iframe? lol. Now, you're learning to speak my language. My mom really wanted me to be a doctor when I was little. I wanted to program computers. Guess who's living the life while his doctor friends are suffering during the Coronavirus pandemic?! Also, my profession is like the coolest and most proliferate. Everybody has to learn our language, use our work, and copy us now. What was once the future of my field is the present now. OK, begone Satan. No more self pride! :D Godspeed.