Anxiety = worries of this life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Well this just hit me like a truck while I was reading the Bible. Anxiety is illness of the mind and in some cases physiology, that worries in general are amped up even more than their usual degree, so it requires a lot of discipline and mental management to control.

I've actually got verse this from Berean Study Bible which some of our friends on CC recently recommended. Already reaping benefits!
Mark 4:19 "but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful."

KJV renders this "cares of this life" - I've always understood this in the sense of "don't be keeping up with the Kardashian's", but when I really look at it carefully, I think it applies to anxiety :confused: One might constantly worry about their finances , per example.
But it seems ridiculous to worry about what will be tomorrow and the day after when it's all going to burn up in fervent heat.
If it's going to pass away, it is this life, and it is the world.
Hope someone else is also strengthened by this verse and their anxiety relieved. 💗

Feb 29, 2020
It is also written:

No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier (2 Timothy 2:4).

Feb 28, 2016
SW,
after 'conversion', The Holy Spirit steps in and begins/teaching a brand new way of thinking/handling/stress,
it starts immediately, but at a different 'pace/time' for one or another, but, it is a REAL factor that is a
'true sign to the believer' that they are for sure on a 'brand NEW/BEGINNING way of surviving in this wicked world'...

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
SW,
after 'conversion', The Holy Spirit steps in and begins/teaching a brand new way of thinking/handling/stress,
it starts immediately, but at a different 'pace/time' for one or another, but, it is a REAL factor that is a
'true sign to the believer' that they are for sure on a 'brand NEW/BEGINNING way of surviving in this wicked world'...
This is true.
God does bring up and remove things in different order for different people. I wish there would be more understanding for that on this forum instead of judgment. I find that here some people attacked me and others here because we might still be imperfect in some areas that got cleared first for them or where they were never tempted to begin with, but they have no idea how much God removed forever off someone else already. And the more that He removed, the more I realized there was a lot more to drive. The fact that I get more sensitive to sin and see more of God's high standard as I go, does not mean that I live a lifestyle of sin, or condone sin in any way, as some seem to think (not directing this to you). But I will put this here because such people might come to attack others who might still struggle with anxiety. I will rather be humble admitting my imperfections but teachable, let people say whatever they will, than stuck up in my own arrogance.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think praying is good for those with a tendency to worry. Cast all your cares upon him for he cares for you.
Just think Gods got this. I might not see it right away but God does and Hes going to do something about it cos Hes much bigger than I am and His ways are higher.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When you can't fix a problem, but you keep trying to figure out how to fix it... the result is worry.

The best way to stop worrying is to be able to recognize the problems you can't fix. (At least for guys... From what I hear girls' brains work different and that is not a viable solution for them.)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is also written:

No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier (2 Timothy 2:4).
That is an excellent verse pertaining to the military. I might provide that verse in the next pacifist thread that is started.

Feb 29, 2020
That is an excellent verse pertaining to the military. I might provide that verse in the next pacifist thread that is started.
This is referring to spiritual warfare; against the flesh/sin, the devil and the world he tempts us with.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 KJV
[3] For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds, [5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; [6] And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This is referring to spiritual warfare; against the flesh/sin, the devil and the world he tempts us with.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 KJV
[3] For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds, [5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; [6] And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
There is also physical warfare that is guided by spiritual principals fighting against the forces of evil.