Any suggestion for youth group

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
This coming Sunday . I am leading our youth group our topic is Anarchy. We look at topics from a Christian perspective. Any suggestions.

I was kind of thinking maybe looking at Noah, the society in his day did what they thought was right in their own eyes which is kind of what Anarchy is and look at what happened/way God delt with it.

Look at Moral absolutes and where we get our values from.

Also how Christianity is counter cultural.

Aug 15, 2009
Yes, I would suggest discussing the anarchy in modern churches due to leaders leading their congregations astray with liberalism. Entire denominations are falling away from God as a result. Our youth need to be warned of these things before they change their minds & join one of these churches that's sliding into Hell with their easy gospel. Show them what's happening & how it fulfills scripture.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 (KJV) [SUP]1 [/SUP]Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, [SUP]2 [/SUP]That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [SUP]4 [/SUP]Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Hebrews 6:1-6 (KJV) [SUP]1 [/SUP]Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, [SUP]2 [/SUP]Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And this will we do, if God permit. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, [SUP]5 [/SUP]And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, [SUP]6 [/SUP]If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

2 Peter 3:14-18 (KJV) [SUP]14 [/SUP]Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. [SUP]15 [/SUP]And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; [SUP]16 [/SUP]As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. [SUP]17[/SUP]Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. [SUP]18 [/SUP]But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Warn them before they're overcome by it.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Thoughts that come into my head regarding the word anarchy... Homo Homini Lupus Est ("man is wolf to [his fellow] man") and also the phrase "survival of the fittest". In the state of anarchy, there's no one to protect the weak, but the stronger will prey on and swallow the weaker. So anarchy or lawlessness always results in suffering/persecution of the weak and small. We could say that we live in anarchy because men dont want God's governing and this is why the weak and helpless are suffering in the world. But God's government is completely opposite, He gives His strength to the weaker and brings the strong oppressor down, using even other enemies of God to destroy one another. They who live by the sword will die by the sword, whoever rules by strength, someone stronger than them will be found to destroy them. So even the strongest are not safe, because they hope in their great strength. This false hope is a lie which they discover at one point or another. Although it might appear temporarily that they are succeeding, they will fail because it's an evil order and setup to make men fail.

Last edited:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I really like your ideas, Pilkington. I would stay away from politics with this age group, they are not adults.

And stick to the narratives, they create vivid images and if you apply it right, you will have done those youth a favour.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I apologize if my response was not totally appropriate. I thought it was teenagers/young adults, not little children. Not a native speaker perk and misunderstanding words in context will follow me forever, no doubt. Sigh

C

columbo

I would suggest a study in Galatians. When the Judaizers tried to change the Gospel of Grace taught by Paul to a hybrid of Law plus Grace which is no Gospel at all anarchy in a form ensued. People began to try to earn their maturity rather than trust God as they had when they first accepted Christ. By doing this the Churches of Galatia added anarchy to their worship and fellowship.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
The youth group covers quite an age range from 11 the two youngest with the oldest 17. Some are believers and some are not. More girls than lads, oh one the lads suggested the topic. We cover a vast range of subjects. We have looked at prayer, and worship in fact one of elders from Church led the session on worship, it was pretty amazing as was the session on prayer. We are also going to look at reading the Bible the week after. Sometimes we do a serious of Bible studies in a Bible book. It is a real privlidge working with the young people who come along to the group, they are all at different stages some of them are believers some are not, some go to my Church, some go to other Churches and some don't go to Church and don't come from Christian homes. Please excuse my bad spelling.

presidente

May 29, 2013
This coming Sunday . I am leading our youth group our topic is Anarchy. We look at topics from a Christian perspective. Any suggestions.

I was kind of thinking maybe looking at Noah, the society in his day did what they thought was right in their own eyes which is kind of what Anarchy is and look at what happened/way God delt with it.

My mind goes to Romans 13 and obeying rulers. I'd probably talk about obeying law about drivers' licenses, drinking, etc., out of a heart to obey God. You could also talk about obedience to parents and having a submissive attitude toward elders, both biologically and elders of the church.

I heard a good point about the Daniel and the three other Hebrews, how Daniel wanted to submit the leader in charge of them. But he had to obey God. So he humbly negotiated with the servant in charge of them. He was able to persuade the man so that he could obey God without having to defy the authority put over him. If it comes down to it, one may be in a situation like the apostles Peter and John before the Sanhedrin where they had to obey God rather than men. But we are not to go looking for situations to defy authority. Some people are just looking for an excuse to rebel against authority, and if they can do it in the name of God, they do that happily.

Feb 7, 2015

This one should be a snap to tie in with the concept of "Shepherd" because the word meaning comes from "without a leader".

N

NewWine

Sodom and Gomorrah comes to my mind when I think of anarchy? But I am not positive how appropriate it would be for the younger members of the group?

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Too bad that the group ranges in age from 11 to 17. Big difference there in reasoning and frame of references.

I would ask them first of all what the word means to them. If there is no answer, give them the definition and then ask for their thoughts. Let them tell you where they are before you begin anything. Then you will know where to go. Usually the "path" opens up at that point to someone like you who knows the scripture and is teaching.

E

Eva1218

What comes to my heart is teaching them to examine themselves. To help the youth with the topic of anarchy they must understand who is in authority and in this case it is GOD. By this they will first hold themselves accountable and then have insight outside of themselves. This is so Powerful because it will heighten their Discernment. The person in the Bible I would use would be Saul/Paul. As he first joined in killing Christians and felt in his own eyes it was right until he had an encounter with GOD.

Blessings!!!!!!!