Are there still apostles today?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pjharrison

How many times does he attribute supernatural God (without beginning) as if he was had a nature (having a beginning) in the likeness of men before we can recognize error??
I don't even understand that question. You need to translate.

Mar 28, 2016
SCRIPTURE DOES NOT CONTRADICT ITSELF.

12 FOUNDATIONS FOR 12 APOSTLES.

12 THRONES FOR 12 APOSTLES.

12 TRIBES FOR 12 APOSTLES.

You are simply failing to read those Scripture properly.
Amen, all together those metaphors used in those parables make up the one bride of Christ, the church as the spiritual house of God made up of many lively stones .

Tribes represent gates as to where we enter fellowship, Apostles which simply means sent ones are those sent out with the gospel .

The tribe of Dan is lefin the book of Revelation (13-1 = 12 ) Twelve to represent the authority of God throughout the scriptures. Dan was omitted to be used as one that falls backward under the judgment of God as fire coming down from heaven . While Judas falling back is used to repeat the same (no grace)

Genesis 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.John 18:4-6

In 1 Samaul falling backward as bringing the fiery judgement that will burn up the adversaries.

1 Samuel 4:18 And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.

2 Kings 1 .in respect to the first two (.666) to symbolize natural man whose number is 666. God showing mercy or redemption on I/3

And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray thee, let my life, and the life of these fifty thy servants, be precious in thy sight.2 Kings 1 . Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains(.666) of the former fifties with their fifties: therefore let my life now be precious in thy sight. And the angel of the Lord said unto Elijah, Go down with him: be not afraid of him. And he arose, and went down with him unto the king.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Glad I found this before posting a new thread.

Berean Research Why Apostles are NOT for today, Part 1
posted by A.S. on May 24, 2018 in Charismatic, New Apostolic Reformation (NAR)

If you’re looking for a simple definition of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), I’ve come up with this:

The NAR is a fast-growing Dominionist movement of new Apostles and Prophets who will lead God’s end-times army in establishing His kingdom on earth, by taking authority over earthly and spiritual realms.

Proponents of the NAR believe that the governing offices of Apostle and Prophet have been re-established by God. There are nuances within this movement of course, and you’ll want to check out our New Apostolic Reformation White Paper for further study.

Recently, author Elliott Nesch completed a four-part series titled, Apostles Today, in which he explains the Scriptural qualifications for these offices, and why it is impossible for Apostles to govern Christian churches in our time: More Reading

P

pjharrison

If you’re looking for a simple definition of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), I’ve come up with this:

The NAR is a fast-growing Dominionist movement of new Apostles and Prophets who will lead God’s end-times army in establishing His kingdom on earth, by taking authority over earthly and spiritual realms.

Proponents of the NAR believe that the governing offices of Apostle and Prophet have been re-established by God. There are nuances within this movement of course, and you’ll want to check out our New Apostolic Reformation White Paper for further study.

Recently, author Elliott Nesch completed a four-part series titled, Apostles Today, in which he explains the Scriptural qualifications for these offices, and why it is impossible for Apostles to govern Christian churches in our time: More Reading
He's right about that. God's Apostles don't govern Christian Churches, If any Apostles govern Christian churches they are not God's apostles. The Christian churches are not apart of the body of Christ. God's Apostles have no interest in the local churches.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
i apologize to everyone in this thread for this foolish and poorly tasteful comment.
it was pretty dumb. i don't think i can delete it??
i was trying to make a point, but i should not have posted this.
I have said a few things in the past that were in poor taste or harmful to someone so you're not alone in this. No need to delete anything. Personally, I thought your post had it's humorous aspects. We live and learn, say we're sorry, and then take it from there.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
He's right about that. God's Apostles don't govern Christian Churches
What do you mean by "govern"?.

If any Apostles govern Christian churches they are not God's apostles.
What is your basis for that assertion?

The Christian churches are not apart of the body of Christ.
Every Christian, whether they attend a local Christian church or not, is a member of the body of Christ.

God's Apostles have no interest in the local churches.
What is your basis for that assertion?

Where do you come up with these things? Where did you learn them?

P

pjharrison

Sams teac

I asked a question. It's a yes or no question. If he is not your spiritual father you most likely have one.
I don't know if I should call him my spiritual father. He is the one who helped me in some of my understanding of God.

Mar 28, 2016
I don't know if I should call him my spiritual father. He is the one who helped me in some of my understanding of God.
Yes we are to call no man on earth father for one is our Father in heaven.

Mar 28, 2016

An apostle is simply a believer or disciple sent by God .The word "apostle" means "sent one". Moses or David were sent by God as a apostle. If any man here at Christian Chat believe God has given them the desire to share the word of God they are apostles (sent ones).

It is not a word that establishes they are an authority by they bring an authority, the word of God, as it is written.

Deacons sent by God to govern churches are apostles. No such thing as Apostolical succession or apostolic time period or apostolic reformation .Adding another meaning to sent one (apostle) destroys the meaning and the original intent of the author of scripture and therefore violates the commandment

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.Deuteronomy 4:2

greenhorn

Jul 31, 2018
Is s

Did you look at some of his other teachings, I have been following him for a long time and I am sure he is an apostle. If he wasn't God wouldn't take care of him as he does. Everything on that website is free. His books are free. He do not sell the word of God. He said it is not his to sell.
You commented here you been following him for a long time. Is is not true he teaches we should have a spiritual fathers. We should know the truth.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
An apostle is simply a believer or disciple sent by God .The word "apostle" means "sent one". Moses or David were sent by God as a apostle. If any man here at Christian Chat believe God has given them the desire to share the word of God they are apostles (sent ones).

It is not a word that establishes they are an authority by they bring an authority, the word of God, as it is written.

Deacons sent by God to govern churches are apostles. No such thing as Apostolical succession or apostolic time period or apostolic reformation .Adding another meaning to sent one (apostle) destroys the meaning and the original intent of the author of scripture and therefore violates the commandment

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.Deuteronomy 4:2
Great reminder there in the last part of your thread as pertains to that contention that the Sabbath in the word of God is no longer relevant today. ;)

Good post. :)

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Bible Dictionary - Apostle [N] [E]
(Gk. apostolos [ajpovstolo"]). Envoy, ambassador, or messenger commissioned to carry out the instructions of the commissioning aget.

[...]...In the New Testament apostolos [ajpovstolo"] is applied to Jesus as the Sent One of God ( Heb 3:1 ), to those sent by God to preach to Israel ( Luke 11:49 ), to those sent by churches ( 2 Col 8:23 ; Php 2:25 ), and most often, to the individuals who had been appointed by Christ to preach the gospel of the kingdom. ...

[...]...The Twelve Jesus had a large number of disciples during his ministry, but not all of them were apostles. The Twelve were chosen out of a wider group both to be with Jesus as disciples and to be sent out to preach and teach as apostles. There are four lists of the Twelve in the New Testament, one in each of the three Synoptic Gospels ( Matt 10:1-4 ; Mark 3:13-19 ; Luke 6:12-16 ) and one in Acts ( 1:13 ). These lists are roughly the same, representing four variant forms of a single early oral tradition.

[...]... Their witness to Christ was not only empowered, but also guided and validated by the Spirit ( John 14:26 ). Thus, their full apostolic vocation was realized only in the Spirit (John 14-17). Paul viewed apostleship as a gift of the Spirit ( 1 Co 12:28 ), which was often accompanied by miraculous signs and mighty works ( 2 Co 12:12 ). Such signs and wonders, however, were clearly secondary to the apostolic functions of preaching and teaching.

Apostolic Authority Having direct knowledge of the incarnate Word, and being sent out as authorized agets of the gospel, the apostles provided the authentic interpretation of the life and teaching of Jesus. Because their witness to Christ was guided by the Spirit ( John 15:26-27 ), the apostles' teaching was considered normative for the church. They were regarded as the "pillars" ( Gal 2:9 ) and "foundation" ( Eph 2:20 ; cf. Rev 21:14 ) of the church, and their teaching became the norm for Christian faith and practice. The deposit of revelation transmitted by the apostles and preserved in its written form in the New Testament thus forms the basis of postapostolic preaching and teaching in the church.

It is evident that the apostles formed the nucleus of primitive Christianity. The New Testament highlights their function as apostles, without delineating in detail the authoritative nature of their office in relation to the church. What is emphasized is that their apostolic commission authorized them to preach ( 1 Co 1:17 ); to be ambassadors for Christ ( 2 Col 5:20 ; Eph 6:20 ); to be witnesses to all nations ( Luke 24:48 ); and to make disciples of all peoples ( Matt 28:19 ).

R. David Rightmire​

P

pjharrison

You commented here you been following him for a long time. Is is not true he teaches we should have a spiritual fathers. We should know the truth.
To tell you the truth I'm not sure about that. I have been listening to his teachings but I haven't been keeping up with the last maybe five or six years. Do you know something I don't?

P

pjharrison

To tell you the truth I'm not sure about that. I have been listening to his teachings but I haven't been keeping up with the last maybe five or six years. Do you know something I don't?
He has never wanted to be called father as far I know. As a matter of fact I remember him saying you are not suppose to call any man father.