are we listening

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
ARE WE LISTENING

Romans 7:8
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Romans 7:11
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Romans 7:13
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Romans 8:8
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
John 1:13
which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

For through the cross do we see the above verse that says all sin is condemned to the flesh? And that flesh period cannot please God?
So why are we trying so hard to obey in the flesh? I mean every time I tried to obey, I found me deep in sin anyone else?
I mean I was caught up in trying to stop sin in my own flesh, not seeing that by thinking about sin I was creating it all the more:

Galatians 6:8 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:4
that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:5
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

So how do I want to live here and now by the flesh or by the Spirit of God?
You all decide, I put scripture here for all to see and make their free choice as well
Love to all God’s way not my human self-way as was before discovering the truth of flesh is at war with God’s Spirit and is why Christ came to redeem us in the Spirit by giving us new life in the Spirit of God is we choose to receive this from God. A gift to all to receive if one believes.
Homwardbound

Oct 31, 2011
In the first verses of this scripture, Paul is talking about when Adam lived a life without any knowledge of sin. After there was knowledge of sin, there was knowledge of what kills for through sin comes death. Then we must understand what flesh means. Scripture says we are created in the image of God, so when scripture says in the flesh, it cannot mean all we are. When we are in the flesh it is the part of us that happened after man knew sin. Scripture says we are born in sin, that in our DNA comes this knowledge of sin. The rest of the scripture is talking of what Christ can do for us.

Dec 12, 2013
Most are listening if....

1. It doesn't contain God
2. It doesn't contain the Word of God
3. It doesn't have any vestige of truth or spirituality

etc...

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
In the first verses of this scripture, Paul is talking about when Adam lived a life without any knowledge of sin. After there was knowledge of sin, there was knowledge of what kills for through sin comes death. Then we must understand what flesh means. Scripture says we are created in the image of God, so when scripture says in the flesh, it cannot mean all we are. When we are in the flesh it is the part of us that happened after man knew sin. Scripture says we are born in sin, that in our DNA comes this knowledge of sin. The rest of the scripture is talking of what Christ can do for us.

Thank you RedTent, yet is this true, Adam and Eve only knew the out come Death was certain as was told by God would be, if they ate from that particular tree.
Immediately when they ate their eyes were opened, and they knew they were naked, tried to cover themselves up, and hid from God
So at this point they were not alive in the Spirit of God only in the flesh along with their Soul?
I mean God from the point of Mercy, put An Angel at the entry of the Garden to Guard it from anyone eating off of the tree of lifvem (Jesus Christ) until the time appointed qhich today is past, for Christ did what he was supposed to do, so today it is finished and we are free to eat from that tree of life, and have right now life everlasting, today born of the Spirit of God, led by the Spirit of God the new live flesh following the Spirit of God
Love you Sister

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Most are listening if....

1. It doesn't contain God
2. It doesn't contain the Word of God
3. It doesn't have any vestige of truth or spirituality

etc...

Would this be from a bad view as to who God really is?

Could it be that Man has actually tainted God?
Or is this truth, that God does just love us all? I mean while we were yet sinners he went to the cross right? Why, was it for himself or truly doe us if we will believe?
I mean is not new life just a waiting for us in The Spirit of God via the resurrected Christ, a free gift to those that believe?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
ARE WE LISTENING

Romans 7:8
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

The verese RIGHT before that one:

Romans 7:7, "What? Can anyone therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet."

Romans 7:12, "Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous."
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Why can those who are in the flesh not please the Father?

All we need to do is look at the verse before the one you quoted:

Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh
cannot please Yahweh."

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh
cannot please Yahweh."

For through the cross do we see the above verse that says all sin is condemned to the flesh? And that flesh period cannot please God?
So why are we trying so hard to obey in the flesh? I mean every time I tried to obey, I found me deep in sin anyone else?
I mean I was caught up in trying to stop sin in my own flesh, not seeing that by thinking about sin I was creating it all the more:

Galatians 6:8 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:4
that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:5
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

So how do I want to live here and now by the flesh or by the Spirit of God?
You all decide, I put scripture here for all to see and make their free choice as well
Love to all God’s way not my human self-way as was before discovering the truth of flesh is at war with God’s Spirit and is why Christ came to redeem us in the Spirit by giving us new life in the Spirit of God is we choose to receive this from God. A gift to all to receive if one believes.
Homwardbound

1 Yahchanan (John) 2:6, "He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk as He walked."

The Spirit of Yahweh can guide and, strengthen us, yet the final decision is in our hands. It is not wrong to try to control yourself in honor of Yahweh, as long as it is by the power of His Spirit, unless you think "John" and "Paul" are "fallen from grace." Because they both showed this. For entrance to the kingdom is not based upon how little we can do, but based on if we do the will of the Father or not.

1 Yahchanan 3:7, "Little children, let no man deceive you; he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize, and make it yours. And everyone who competes conducts himself temperately in all things. Now they compete to obtain a perishable crown; but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man who beats the air. No, I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

Yaaqob (James) 2:13-15, "Come now, you who say: Today or tomorrow, we will go to such and such a city, and remain a year there to buy and sell, and make a profit. Yet you do not know what tomorrow may bring. For what is your life? Is it not a vapor that appears for a little while, and then vanishes away? Instead, you ought to say: If it is Yahweh's will, and we are alive, we will do this or that."

and then there is this:

Mattithyah 7:23, "But then I will declare to them; I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who practice iniquity."

iniquity is:#0458 ἀνομία anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from G0459

Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) the condition of without law
1a) because ignorant of it
1b) because of violating it
2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

The verese RIGHT before that one:

Romans 7:7, "What? Can anyone therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet."

Romans 7:12, "Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous."
Why can those who are in the flesh not please the Father?

All we need to do is look at the verse before the one you quoted:

Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh
cannot please Yahweh."

Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh
cannot please Yahweh."

1 Yahchanan (John) 2:6, "He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk as He walked."

The Spirit of Yahweh can guide and, strengthen us, yet the final decision is in our hands. It is not wrong to try to control yourself in honor of Yahweh, as long as it is by the power of His Spirit, unless you think "John" and "Paul" are "fallen from grace." Because they both showed this. For entrance to the kingdom is not based upon how little we can do, but based on if we do the will of the Father or not.

1 Yahchanan 3:7, "Little children, let no man deceive you; he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize, and make it yours. And everyone who competes conducts himself temperately in all things. Now they compete to obtain a perishable crown; but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man who beats the air. No, I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

Yaaqob (James) 2:13-15, "Come now, you who say: Today or tomorrow, we will go to such and such a city, and remain a year there to buy and sell, and make a profit. Yet you do not know what tomorrow may bring. For what is your life? Is it not a vapor that appears for a little while, and then vanishes away? Instead, you ought to say: If it is Yahweh's will, and we are alive, we will do this or that."

and then there is this:

Mattithyah 7:23, "But then I will declare to them; I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who practice iniquity."

iniquity is:#0458 ἀνομία anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from G0459

Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) the condition of without law
1a) because ignorant of it
1b) because of violating it
2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

You apparently see what I am saying is the difference in flesh and Spirit of God
One is condemning and the other is freeing to love as God does
The flesh profits nothing and The Spirit of God gives life in the Spirit not flesh
So therefore we are in agreement, and it is God that reveals the motive behind anyone that acts as if they are a believer
. And that is why God will have Mercy on whom God chooses to, and why to some God will say go away I knew you not.
Now I am not saying this to you Brother. You have shown me to me that you see and are noit taking God's grace for granted at all. And I appreciate this deeply