Are You Believing a Heresy? You Might According to a New Study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
How would you, or anyone who would like to address my question, defend that Matthew verse in light of Solomon's words in Ecclesiastes 12:7?
“Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.”
All living flesh will be burned up after the thousand years. Isaiah 51:6 (Look up at the sky! Look at the earth below! For the sky will dissipate like smoke, and the earth will wear out like clothes; its residents will die like gnats. But the deliverance I give is permanent; the vindication I provide will not disappear.) (Net Bible)

The evil spirits will not be able to go back to God and they will not stand in the judgement. Hosea 5:4 (Their wicked deeds do not allow them to return to their God; for a spirit of idolatry is in them, and they do not acknowledge the Lord.) (Net Bible) Psalms 1:4-6 (4 Not so with the wicked! Instead they are like wind-driven chaff. 5 For this reason the wicked cannot withstand judgment, nor can sinners join the assembly of the godly. 6 Certainly the Lord guards the way of the godly, but the way of the wicked ends in destruction.)

The evil people will be ashes after the fire that comes after the thousand years and we will walk on their ashes. Malachi 4:2-3 (2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. 3 Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty. ) (Net Bible)

The wicked will not have immortal bodies in the Lake of Fire and I believe God will let them burn long enough to be repaid for their sins before taking their spirits from them. Isaiah 66:23-24 (23 From one month to the next and from one Sabbath to the next, all people will come to worship me,” says the Lord. 24 “They will go out and observe the corpses of those who rebelled against me, for the maggots that eat them will not die, and the fire that consumes them will not die out. All people will find the sight abhorrent.” )

The permanent punishment is their spirit having to reside in the Lake of Fire in mental torment because they are no longer with their God. I don't think they are harmed by the fire anymore, but their residence there is permanent because they cannot reside with God and there is no where else that God is not present.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
All living flesh will be burned up after the thousand years. Isaiah 51:6 (Look up at the sky! Look at the earth below! For the sky will dissipate like smoke, and the earth will wear out like clothes; its residents will die like gnats. But the deliverance I give is permanent; the vindication I provide will not disappear.) (Net Bible)

The evil spirits will not be able to go back to God and they will not stand in the judgement. Hosea 5:4 (Their wicked deeds do not allow them to return to their God; for a spirit of idolatry is in them, and they do not acknowledge the Lord.) (Net Bible) Psalms 1:4-6 (4 Not so with the wicked! Instead they are like wind-driven chaff. 5 For this reason the wicked cannot withstand judgment, nor can sinners join the assembly of the godly. 6 Certainly the Lord guards the way of the godly, but the way of the wicked ends in destruction.)

The evil people will be ashes after the fire that comes after the thousand years and we will walk on their ashes. Malachi 4:2-3 (2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. 3 Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty. ) (Net Bible)

The wicked will not have immortal bodies in the Lake of Fire and I believe God will let them burn long enough to be repaid for their sins before taking their spirits from them. Isaiah 66:23-24 (23 From one month to the next and from one Sabbath to the next, all people will come to worship me,” says the Lord. 24 “They will go out and observe the corpses of those who rebelled against me, for the maggots that eat them will not die, and the fire that consumes them will not die out. All people will find the sight abhorrent.” )

The permanent punishment is their spirit having to reside in the Lake of Fire in mental torment because they are no longer with their God. I don't think they are harmed by the fire anymore, but their residence there is permanent because they cannot reside with God and there is no where else that God is not present.
The Ecclesiastes scripture speaks of the destiny of all flesh. The flesh that in the beginning was created from the dust of the earth, as God then breathed his spirit into it and made the Adam a living soul, returns to the earth from whence it came. And that spirit that is of and from God returns to God. The destiny of all living.

There is no "Hell" in the old testament. There is Sheol. Which is a different place than what people understand from the NT as being a place of fire and brimstone.
Speak to Jews on the topic of their faith. Oops, wait for it, Judaizer! :ROFL: Is being screamed by certain one's in their computer room just reading that suggestion.
And ask that Jewish person if they believe in Hell. It can be quite a fascinating learning experience.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
The Ecclesiastes scripture speaks of the destiny of all flesh. The flesh that in the beginning was created from the dust of the earth, as God then breathed his spirit into it and made the Adam a living soul, returns to the earth from whence it came. And that spirit that is of and from God returns to God. The destiny of all living.

There is no "Hell" in the old testament. There is Sheol. Which is a different place than what people understand from the NT as being a place of fire and brimstone.
Speak to Jews on the topic of their faith. Oops, wait for it, Judaizer! :ROFL: Is being screamed by certain one's in their computer room just reading that suggestion.
And ask that Jewish person if they believe in Hell. It can be quite a fascinating learning experience.
Why ask that Jewish person about hell when he is so wrong about Christ? Jews today even deny their own Old Testament as being true and from God.

Quantrill

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
That's quite a statement from someone who claims to be concerned about Christians believing heresy. Didn't you start a topic on that subject? Oh wait, this is that topic. Well, well...

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015

I guess you missed the fact that Isaiah is OT and tells about Hell or the Lake of Fire with its fire that is never quenched and worms that never die. Isaiah 66:24 Jewish people who don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah are what Jesus called stiff necked. They won't look around them to see the new way of life that God has created for them and us. Thereby they won't believe anything other than what their unenlightened Rabbis tell them, which is why Jesus said that the blind will follow the blind and be destroyed.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I guess you missed the fact that Isaiah is OT and tells about Hell or the Lake of Fire with its fire that is never quenched and worms that never die. Isaiah 66:24 Jewish people who don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah are what Jesus called stiff necked. They won't look around them to see the new way of life that God has created for them and us. Thereby they won't believe anything other than what their unenlightened Rabbis tell them, which is why Jesus said that the blind will follow the blind and be destroyed.
I appreciate you believe that is speaking of what the NT describes as Hell.
It is not. Which is why the whole of Isaiah 60, 65 and 66 is important to consider. Not just excerpts.
It is the prophecy as applied and was fulfilled concerning Israel, Judah's war , the destruction of the temple.
LINK

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
They didn't have a fire that never ends and worms that never die at that time. Don't be so close minded that you miss the obvious.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
I would also suggest you compare Revelations 21:23 (The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, because the glory of God lights it up, and its lamp is the Lamb.) to your Isaiah 60:19 (The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.) God did not light up the day in the OT. Isaiah 65:17-25 is also about the end times that are yet to come as is all of Isaiah 60.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
I have to offer my apologies to anyone that read my last post. God did light up the day in the OT when he created night and day four days before he created the sun, moon and stars.