Are you content with your relationship with God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I'm not. Haha. God isn't at fault, no. I am. I have neglected prayer. I neglected that intimacy and I feel a drawing to it. Are you happy with your relationship with God? The clarity at which you hear His voice? The amount of times you hear it? The ways in which you hear His voice? There are so many depths to our relationship and fellowship with God that are still there to explore.

I need more. I want more. Do you or, are you currently content with what you are experiencing in your walk?

Last edited:

notmyown

May 26, 2016
wow. that's so never the question i ask myself.

my question is, what does God think about it?

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
is this a trick question? seems like either yes or no can be pounced on.

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
will answer both ways.Yes, being thankful that i can have a relationship with the Almighty. No, i would like to get to know the Almighty better ever day.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
is this a trick question? seems like either yes or no can be pounced on.
A yes could imply something and a no can imply something. Either way its just a question of self-examination, not to be used to judge one another but to encourage us all to seek Him more. If someone is content, awesome. If you're not, there is more to be had.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
wow. that's so never the question i ask myself.

my question is, what does God think about it?
Thats an interesting counter question, but consider the question first posed. Are you content with your relationship with God? You see, the ball is in our court. The word of God says to draw nigh (near) to God and He shall draw near to you. Therefore, we take the initiative. Of course God does draw us ultimately, but it is in our surrender and seeking that we find that intimacy with Him.

We must consider our level of contentment, not in some selfish fashion but in respect to what Christ through His blood has bought us. Reconciliation to the Father. Are we neglecting this very real and very intimate relationship?

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Thats an interesting counter question, but consider the question first posed. Are you content with your relationship with God? You see, the ball is in our court. The word of God says to draw nigh (near) to God and He shall draw near to you. Therefore, we take the initiative. Of course God does draw us ultimately, but it is in our surrender and seeking that we find that intimacy with Him.

We must consider our level of contentment, not in some selfish fashion but in respect to what Christ through His blood has bought us. Reconciliation to the Father. Are we neglecting this very real and very intimate relationship?
must we? :confused:

God didn't save me so i can please myself, though. (which is what you're saying?)

to me, what you're saying is, obey God and you can be content with that. :)

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
must we? :confused:

God didn't save me so i can please myself, though. (which is what you're saying?)

to me, what you're saying is, obey God and you can be content with that. :)
I suppose some hunger for more and in this hunger is the necessity (the must) to seek. As one on an empty stomach seeks food, so does the Christian need nourishment from fellowshiping with God.

When I ask your level of contentment it may sound selfish. So what? Is it bad that I enjoy food? Did not God make the taste buds? Is it bad that I enjoy the worship music as it plays though I use it to worship God? Does it matter that in giving it feels good to bless others?

How does me benefiting in any way take away from the act itself? So it is with prayer. We ought to enjoy our times with God and this can be a motivation behind prayer. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, self gratification is not sinful or wrong. Do you give grace for the food you eat?

All of this to say I am grateful. It is God's goodness that leads men to repentance after all, right? Did not God offer the riches of His grace to us, and even to come? It seems pleasure is a part of the package.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I suppose some hunger for more and in this hunger is the necessity (the must) to seek. As one on an empty stomach seeks food, so does the Christian need nourishment from fellowshiping with God.

When I ask your level of contentment it may sound selfish. So what? Is it bad that I enjoy food? Did not God make the taste buds? Is it bad that I enjoy the worship music as it plays though I use it to worship God? Does it matter that in giving it feels good to bless others?

How does me benefiting in any way take away from the act itself? So it is with prayer. We ought to enjoy our times with God and this can be a motivation behind prayer. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, self gratification is not sinful or wrong. Do you give grace for the food you eat?

All of this to say I am grateful. It is God's goodness that leads men to repentance after all, right? Did not God offer the riches of His grace to us, and even to come? It seems pleasure is a part of the package.

Ben, forgive me if i seemed critical? i simply don't think of it the way you phrased it.

of course we receive so much from God! i'm trying to understand it, but it still seems to me you're saying if we do what God says to do (seek Him, read the Word, pray, serve others, etc.) we will enjoy it. we will enjoy Him.

are we saying the same thing, but talking at cross purposes? ;)
(pun intended lol)

A

Ariel82

Yes, because though I Yearn for more. God has taught me that whatever He has given me is enough. This I learn to be content with my relationship with God.

At times I am troubled with my own actions and thoughts but i have faith that God will correct me and still loves me.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Ben, forgive me if i seemed critical? i simply don't think of it the way you phrased it.

of course we receive so much from God! i'm trying to understand it, but it still seems to me you're saying if we do what God says to do (seek Him, read the Word, pray, serve others, etc.) we will enjoy it. we will enjoy Him.

are we saying the same thing, but talking at cross purposes? ;)
(pun intended lol)
Indeed! And what I am saying is that I feel that I have neglected these things to a certain extent. To the degree that it has affected my contentment. It has brought about a hunger to seek the Lord. So, I am asking other fellow Christians if they themselves feel content in their relationship with the Lord. Not in that they can have a relationship but the level at which they currently do share it with Him. How often? To what degree? Is it neglected or is it cherished? :)

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Well, I think that my relationship with God is still a bit unstable and complicated, considering how I nearly became an atheist last year, was an agnostic deist for a while and was at one point a nihilist...so yeah. Could be better.

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
Yes, because though I Yearn for more. God has taught me that whatever He has given me is enough. This I learn to be content with my relationship with God.

At times I am troubled with my own actions and thoughts but i have faith that God will correct me and still loves me.
AMEN, good way of putting it.

Mash

Jan 11, 2017
An excellent question!!
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled

if anyone is thirsty let him come, whoever comes to me as scripture has said, streams of living water shall flow from within him

these 2 verses suggest that we should not be content with where we stand in GOD. Our relationship with God shouldn't replace GOD as our infinite source of joy and contentment. Since He is an infinite and inexhaustable source of satisfaction, joy and love we should focus on Him alone and not where we stand.

that way we shall discover an unending yearning for HIM everyday and be led from one glory to another.

as the deer yearns for the fountains of water
even so my heart yearns for you oh GOD
my soul thirsts for the living GOD
when shall I go and meet with God

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I think of all the experiences fellow believers have had with God and I consider that God is not a respecter of persons. This in itself is a drive for more, to experience all that can be experienced. Not just for the sake of the experience but as I recently read, to get to enjoy the Lord Himself.

I don't know guys... I don't know about you but if God has things available for me to experience if only I'd ask that is amazing. The depths to come! It just seems like we are barely touching the surface of all that can be ours.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Am I content? not even close my heart yearns and longs for so much more of him I deeply hungry and crave and thirst for such a more deeper love and intimacy with him even to the point where all my heart can do is groan for more. For those who know the hunger and thirst enough is never enough and most of the time we tend to be underfed and starved because our greedy hearts for him has a hunger and desire for him is that great and he only tends to give a bit of himself at a time as he is a fan of the slow and steady.

But it is this very greedy hunger for his heart that keeps us chasing after him exhaustively seeking to know him any way we can taking every opportunity to develop a closer bond with him going anywhere and going through anything to hear his voice with our hearts just a little more losing anything to know and have just a bit more of his heart in us. both a massive blessing and a curse because we want so much more of him and our hearts cry out to him begging for just a bit more yet we cannot receive the amount of him we so deeply desire because he gives a bit at a time.

But I promise this I will receive love and the bond and the heart that I seek in him no matter what it takes no matter what I have to go through no matter what I have to lose or sacrifice. For some faith is a hobby or a way of living but for others it's a fiery passion with an un ending hunger and thirst

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Am I content? not even close my heart yearns and longs for so much more of him I deeply hungry and crave and thirst for such a more deeper love and intimacy with him even to the point where all my heart can do is groan for more. For those who know the hunger and thirst enough is never enough and most of the time we tend to be underfed and starved because our greedy hearts for him has a hunger and desire for him is that great and he only tends to give a bit of himself at a time as he is a fan of the slow and steady.

But it is this very greedy hunger for his heart that keeps us chasing after him exhaustively seeking to know him any way we can taking every opportunity to develop a closer bond with him going anywhere and going through anything to hear his voice with our hearts just a little more losing anything to know and have just a bit more of his heart in us. both a massive blessing and a curse because we want so much more of him and our hearts cry out to him begging for just a bit more yet we cannot receive the amount of him we so deeply desire because he gives a bit at a time.

But I promise this I will receive love and the bond and the heart that I seek in him no matter what it takes no matter what I have to go through no matter what I have to lose or sacrifice. For some faith is a hobby or a way of living but for others it's a fiery passion with an un ending hunger and thirst
You might want to eat a Snicker's bar. :D

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012

In all seriousness though, I was just recently listening to a person share of the experiences they have had with God and even going to Heaven. Things of this nature and I just think, one day I will have a deep relationship with God. I will have fascinating experiences and so on. However, I think of today. That area is neglected.

A

Ariel82

Do you yearn for God or for spiritual experiences like going to heaven, miraculous healing, etc?

Because God tells us He has given us all we need.

Period.

Not that we are "just to ask" but that He has already given us all we need to live godly lives.

Puzzles me.

What keeps you from having a deep relationship with God today?

Why one day in the future?

Last edited by a moderator: