Are You in Unity With the Church in Matthew 16:18?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Are You in Unity With the Church in Matthew 16:18?

• Total voters
Nov 15, 2016
[16] Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. [18] And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. [19] And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven. [20] Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ.

H

HisHolly

What does that mean? Extremely vague

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I am not sure what you mean by being in "unity with the church", unless you are speaking of the Roman Catholic Church? They believe that the rock the church was built on was Peter, and that proves he was the first "pope"...

I believe there are two different "rocks" being mentioned..... it is sort of a play on words... changing Simon's name to Peter, I believe was the "small r" rock... his name... but the statement of faith Peter made about Jesus being the Christ, the son of the living God... that is the "big R" rock that the church was to be built on.

The church was not built on the man, Peter... it was built on Jesus.

H

HisHolly

And it's a poll? What are you looking for? It makes no sense

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Of course. Silly question.

Why don't you tell us what that church "looks like" to you?

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
I am finding out if people on Christian Chat are part of the Church described in Matthew 16:18.
I am part of the church which is the body of Christ made up of all true believers.. And as that was the church mentioned in Matt 16.18 I am a part of it

Nov 15, 2016
I am part of the church which is the body of Christ made up of all true believers.. And as that was the church mentioned in Matt 16.18 I am a part of it
Why did you not vote? Maybe you do not believe Yourself to be part of the Church described in Matthew 16:18.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Looks like you are at 100% so far.

So when should I expect an answer to my question?

B

BeyondET

I'm a fisher how about you are you simply fishing the fish or are you a fisher?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Jesus is the head of the Church and as long as he is dwelling in us and we are following him then we are in unity with the Church.

Church is not just a building or a denominational thing.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I'm a fisher how about you are you simply fishing the fish or are you a fisher?
Yeah, and that's what Jesus did...he took his message where it was needed...He didn't limit his self to only teaching in the synagogues or to the so called righteous...

B

BeyondET

Yeah, and that's what Jesus did...he took his message where it was needed...He didn't limit his self to only teaching in the synagogues or to the so called righteous...
I completely agree, mostly He was among the people... :)

SunsSunny

Oct 24, 2016
:) I believe the Bible is 100% true
I believe I am saved by grace working through faith in Jesus Christ
lets agree on the simple stuff, and understand that there may be division when understanding the hermeneutics behind more complicated parts of the Bible. But let us have ground to agree upon so that we can stand a hug each other, as well as pull each other up

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
:) I believe the Bible is 100% true
I believe I am saved by grace working through faith in Jesus Christ
lets agree on the simple stuff, and understand that there may be division when understanding the hermeneutics behind more complicated parts of the Bible. But let us have ground to agree upon so that we can stand a hug each other, as well as pull each other up
Yes, I agree we as Christians should have love and respect for each other even though we might not see eye to eye on everything. God knows his children and he knows our hearts. He loves each and every one of us and wants us to love each other.