Are you the type of person who....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm curious how many people on here compose posts like I do... with much thought, re-reading, changing, correcting, re-wording, deleting, starting over, etc. (Seriously, I can take 20 minutes to compose a five-line post!)

Or, are you more like a friend of mine, who finger-blurts, doesn't practice safe spell-checks, and is quick with the Submit trigger?

Just wondering while my pizza cooks.... (let's get the food derailment off to a good start!)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm a bit of in between. I think of what I say (and I don't need to spell check because I read it as I am typing it) but I don't take long to say it.

Although I will sometimes read a post and have a comment to make, but I'll go away and let it brew in the back of my mind and then make the comment a few hours later. Depends on the thread and the comment.

U

Ugly

I'm neither. At times i can fire off, if i get worked up over something. I mostly just type out what i have to say. Sometimes i'll skim over it to make sure words are spelled correctly or that all the wording makes sense, or comes across how i want it to. But that doesn't usually take more than a minute. And i don't even always do that.

M

MissCris

I just blurt out whatever I think of first and hope I notice mistakes within the edit window. Because I like to live on the edge.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
All of my posts are thought about beforehand and I usually read over my posts two or three times. I don't care about spelling mistakes, etc. I just make sure wotever I've typed makes sense to me and then I post it.

Apr 15, 2014
I'm curious how many people on here compose posts like I do... with much thought, re-reading, changing, correcting, re-wording, deleting, starting over, etc. (Seriously, I can take 20 minutes to compose a five-line post!)

Or, are you more like a friend of mine, who finger-blurts, doesn't practice safe spell-checks, and is quick with the Submit trigger?

Just wondering while my pizza cooks.... (let's get the food derailment off to a good start!)
If I am responding to someone in need or giving advice? I pray, write, read it again, edit, post.... and then edit again because I've totally missed some error.

Mostly I finger blurt though. I do a lot of writing and am comfortable composing my thoughts on 'paper'.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If I'm writing a thread, it can take a while. I've written threads with posts that took almost 2 hours, and sometimes I compose and edit them as regular Word documents before transferring them here. No matter how hard I try though, I always seem to make at least 3 mistakes (that seems to be my personal average.) My brain will read things the way I want to say them rather than what's really on the page (and needs correcting.) I try to cut things out but often find if I do, the thought I'm trying to convey loses its "flavor". It's like trying to make a good spaghetti sauce without the basil or oregano.

I honestly try to think out my posts as I write them and reread them at least once before posting. I'll often go back and punctuate or phrase something in a different way. This is what I like about writing--my mind is always running and I need the extra time to try to piece together a few coherent thoughts (hopefully, at least.)

If it's a post about something I feel especially strong about, positive or negative, I try to wait a minute or two... get up and walk around or pray... before pressing "post". Sometimes I don't always succeed in doing that, but that's my general rule.

M

MollyConnor

I think I'm right in the middle...I don't take 20 minutes but I do check my spelling when I remember hehe.

Feb 7, 2015
I edit some. But usually, for important posts, I spend some time thinking about what I intend to say, and I often don't post an initial reply for a few hours... maybe a day, or so. Then my editing usually only consists of trying to catch my lousy typing mistakes. I often miss things, though, and this absolutely ridiculous forum limit of only five minutes before the post is locked, makes it even harder.

I try to abide by the words of my Signature.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Man, I proofread my posts so little it's amazng I've never had a single typo.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

I rarely make a post without going back and re-editing it at least twice.. and that's usually after I already edited it a number of times before posting.

#whatdoyouconsiderawasteoftime

P

Practice-English

Don't really understand the tread...

I'm the type of person who speak French than English
but love to persevere in something new like speaking English!

V

VioletReigns

56179-cat-on-keyboard-typing.gif

G

GaryA

"For most posts --- Yes..."

:)

Feb 1, 2015
From fair to alot.

J

JustViv

It really depends what I'm responding to...at times, I think several times how to word it properly (hope I have not offended anybody so far) and at times, my fingers take over my mind and start to throw the words down (like now).

If I start a new thread, some threads, I think through over a period of time (could be hours or even over the night) before I start the thread. Yeah....