asking questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

ed

Satan has great power, but there is no comparing his power to God's. I stand behind my list. If you can show me in scripture one example that goes against this, I will gladly change it.
One thing about Revelation--Satan attempts to duplicate everything God did in our redemption. He sets up a false trinity, a false resurrection, a false church and much more.
Hi charisenexcelcis,
Yes I agree but your answer does not progress my understanding. Take myself or anyone, we have great power when our word lines up with God's word. That is how Jesus healed and did His miracles, His Word lined up in obedience to the Father.
That is where our Authority comes from, the Father through the working of the Holy Spirit.
That is where Jesus Christ received His Authority, from the Father, through the working of the Holy Spirit.
So we seem to be making progress on asking the question which remains the same.
Where does Satan's authority come from?
love
edwin

C

charisenexcelcis

All power is lent by God. He is the only whose power is not contingent upon any person or event.

E

ed

All power is lent by God. He is the only whose power is not contingent upon any person or event.
Hi charisenexcelcis,
Is this what you believe? One Spirit only. That is the only authority. God permits Satan to use the Holy Spirit to accomplish God's purposes. In much the same way that God brings an army against Israel to humble Israel.
love
edwin.

C

charisenexcelcis

Hi charisenexcelcis,
Is this what you believe? One Spirit only. That is the only authority. God permits Satan to use the Holy Spirit to accomplish God's purposes. In much the same way that God brings an army against Israel to humble Israel.
love
edwin.
No, that is not what I believe. God is the lender of power but not the conduit of it. Men (and Satan) misuse power by exercising it outside their authority. This is the price God pays for free will. He gives us perfect gifts which we then twist to evil.
You asked me why I feel no comfort when you say I agree with you. This is an example. You took what I said and applied an entirely different premise to it.

E

ed

No, that is not what I believe. God is the lender of power but not the conduit of it. Men (and Satan) misuse power by exercising it outside their authority. This is the price God pays for free will. He gives us perfect gifts which we then twist to evil.
You asked me why I feel no comfort when you say I agree with you. This is an example. You took what I said and applied an entirely different premise to it.
Hi charisenexcelcis,
I believe you to be an intelligent person. Therefore I believe you understand that my post is asking you for clarification. ( Is this what you believe?) is how I started my concise post.
You seem to have a problem.
love
edwin
PS I thank you for the explanation of "lender" and "conduit" which now gives me understanding.

C

charisenexcelcis

Hi charisenexcelcis,
I believe you to be an intelligent person. Therefore I believe you understand that my post is asking you for clarification. ( Is this what you believe?) is how I started my concise post.
You seem to have a problem.
love
edwin
PS I thank you for the explanation of "lender" and "conduit" which now gives me understanding.
I'm just not used to the way you express yourself. I'll figure it out eventually.