Assassins Creed anyone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ryku

I am a huge fan of the game assassins creed...but sometimes I feel I'm the only christian who likes it and that maybe I'm not meant to like it? idk~

Guess I just want another assassins creed friend who knows our heavenly father.

A

Animus

Oh yes, any game I get to be an assassin. Next game is coming out in October but I don't have an Xbox One so I'll have to look into that. Here is my favorite assassin from the Bible,

Ehud

Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, and because they did this evil the Lord gave Eglon king of Moabpower over Israel. Getting the Ammonites and Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms. The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.
Again the Israelites cried out to the Lord, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab. Now Ehud had made a double-edged sword about a cubitlong, which he strapped to his right thigh under his clothing. He presented the tribute to Eglon king of Moab, who was a very fat man. After Ehud had presented the tribute, he sent on their way those who had carried it. But on reaching the stone images near Gilgal he himself went back to Eglon and said, “Your Majesty, I have a secret message for you.”
The king said to his attendants, “Leave us!” And they all left.
Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in the upper room of his palace and said, “I have a message from God for you.” As the king rose from his seat, Ehud reached with his left hand, drew the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king’s belly. Even the handle sank in after the blade, and his bowels discharged. Ehud did not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it.Then Ehud went out to the porch; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them.
After he had gone, the servants came and found the doors of the upper room locked. They said, “He must be relieving himself in the inner room of the palace.” They waited to the point of embarrassment, but when he did not open the doors of the room, they took a key and unlocked them. There they saw their lord fallen to the floor, dead.
While they waited, Ehud got away. He passed by the stone images and escaped to Seirah. When he arrived there, he blew a trumpet in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went down with him from the hills, with him leading them.
“Follow me,” he ordered, “for the Lord has given Moab, your enemy, into your hands.” So they followed him down and took possession of the fords of the Jordan that led to Moab; they allowed no one to cross over. At that time they struck down about ten thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not one escaped. That day Moab was made subject to Israel, and the land had peace for eighty years.

(
Judges 3:12-30)

C

CheekyGeeky

I am a huge fan of the game assassins creed...but sometimes I feel I'm the only christian who likes it and that maybe I'm not meant to like it? idk~

Guess I just want another assassins creed friend who knows our heavenly father.
Hey there, I'm not much of a gamer. Usually, I play with friends and stuff, but this series is one of two that I've actually played by myself, the other being Uncharted. Anyways, these games are pretty awesome. I loved the Ezio Trilogy and was sad when it ended. I will say that I was disappointed with part 3, it was okay but I didn't care for what happened to Desmond and I didn't care for his ancestor either. I still need to play Black Flag though.

R

Ryku

I remember sitting in church hearing the story of Ehud and my mind kept going to assassins creed. lol

I pre-ordered the Unity game for my computer~can't wait to play it. I know right now I'll be needing friends to play with. XD

@ CheekyGeeky I love Altair and Ezio story/gameplay. I have yet to play any of the others, but heaven knows I want too.

C

CheekyGeeky

Ryku, definitely play part 3. It's not a bad game, just not as good as the previous games story wise.

R

Ryku

Ryku, definitely play part 3. It's not a bad game, just not as good as the previous games story wise.
:3 I will. So have to get around to playing all the others before I can play Unity at least. lol

T

Tintin

Hi guys. I've played the first two. Loved the second game far more than the first. I have the third (Brotherhood) but I haven't played much of it yet. Yes, the philosophy behind the games is a bit odd but the story is seriously thought-provoking and if you're grounded in God's Truth, I don't see a problem with the games.

Klbgerh

Jul 12, 2013
I love the Assassin's Creed series! I also loved the Ezio series, but I also liked 3. It was different, but I think I loved the history behind the game so it made me love the game itself. If anyone plays multiplayer on ps3, we should definitely play together sometime.

R

Ryku

I have all my assassin creed games for PC, I wonder if multiplayer would still work with a ps3 and pc players.

Klbgerh

Jul 12, 2013
Unfortunately, I doubt it :/

Klbgerh

Jul 12, 2013
So I finally got AC IV last week. I have to admit that I was very skeptical of this game ever since I tried naval combat in AC III, but after playing I was really impressed with the game. It's definitely one of my favorites.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I enjoyed the original, then I found it too repeatative and never went back. I'm sure the sequels could be different though.

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
I loved AC 3 and 4. I wasn't a fan of the naval combat in 3. But it was awesome in 4.

R

Roughsoul

Shoot yah I am huge fan of the history and to be able see a world that looks like how it did back then. 3 and 4 are my favorites esp. 3 because of the early American history.

W

Witness45

Also a huge FFXIII fan, so though this was awesome...

Ezio-Auditore-De-Noely2.jpg

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Oh yes, any game I get to be an assassin. Next game is coming out in October but I don't have an Xbox One so I'll have to look into that. Here is my favorite assassin from the Bible,

Ehud

Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, and because they did this evil the Lord gave Eglon king of Moabpower over Israel. Getting the Ammonites and Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms. The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.
Again the Israelites cried out to the Lord, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab. Now Ehud had made a double-edged sword about a cubitlong, which he strapped to his right thigh under his clothing. He presented the tribute to Eglon king of Moab, who was a very fat man. After Ehud had presented the tribute, he sent on their way those who had carried it. But on reaching the stone images near Gilgal he himself went back to Eglon and said, “Your Majesty, I have a secret message for you.”
The king said to his attendants, “Leave us!” And they all left.
Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in the upper room of his palace and said, “I have a message from God for you.” As the king rose from his seat, Ehud reached with his left hand, drew the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king’s belly. Even the handle sank in after the blade, and his bowels discharged. Ehud did not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it.Then Ehud went out to the porch; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them.
After he had gone, the servants came and found the doors of the upper room locked. They said, “He must be relieving himself in the inner room of the palace.” They waited to the point of embarrassment, but when he did not open the doors of the room, they took a key and unlocked them. There they saw their lord fallen to the floor, dead.
While they waited, Ehud got away. He passed by the stone images and escaped to Seirah. When he arrived there, he blew a trumpet in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went down with him from the hills, with him leading them.
“Follow me,” he ordered, “for the Lord has given Moab, your enemy, into your hands.” So they followed him down and took possession of the fords of the Jordan that led to Moab; they allowed no one to cross over. At that time they struck down about ten thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not one escaped. That day Moab was made subject to Israel, and the land had peace for eighty years.

(
Judges 3:12-30)
I'd like to see a verse in the Bible that says this was sanctioned by God. Part of the Bible I view as secular history, part of it I view as related to God and religiously orientated. Not bashing this act of Ehud's. I think there were a great many Israelites who appreciated what he did. I'm just curious if what he did would be considered right by God then or today.

Anyway, I've seen Thief played a long time ago. Never had the opportunity to play Assassin's Creed.

Jul 29, 2014
so if you are all gamers what other games do you play??... and what consoles? or are you pc people? im an xbox girl... :D

T

Tintin

PC gamer here. I currently don't have a powerful computer, so Assassin's Creed Brotherhood etc. is about as new as I can currently go. I enjoy a bit of Minecraft. I love Impossible Creatures and the Age of Empires series. My favourites though are the Thief stealth series.

Jul 29, 2014
ahh my daughter loves minecraft... i dont mind it myself to be honest... although i feel i am not creative enough lol!!