Assurance of Justification

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
Everything we have is founded on “position and “condition.” Our position in the Lord Jesus is who we are; our condition on the earth is what we are. Assurance of justification is established on our position in the Lord Jesus Christ, and is an imputation not an impartation. Our condition is that we are sinners, for the “old man” yet abides within (Rom 7:17, 20). Thus, we are to be careful not to base our justification on condition, but position—in the Lord Jesus; and this is why we are so “weighted” with “sin” (Heb 12:1), we are looking at ourselves and not Him. The equation is, position over condition, which equals innocent in the Lord’s justification. Everything that we are in Him must be imputed and therefore cannot be imparted, for God will not, yea, cannot mix the good with the bad.

Yes, we still possess the old man, the sin nature, but in spite of all this we are guiltless and will ever be so in the Lord Jesus; and do not think one can go in and out of this truth because it must always be justification and never anything else! Maintaining justification is established when we consider what God has done and said, and is never based on feelings, but His Word! The discouragements we encounter are the very food of our strength in His school of learning! Just know that all is for testing and learning, and nothing is to be refused.

When we stand on the promises of His Word it makes a difference in our lives, but eventually we begin to look at ourselves and take our eyes and minds off Christ—and it’s back to self-deliverance. Then gradually we don’t look or feel much saved, and then everything seems to be going out of sync, and our assurance is again on the block of wondering.

We eventually start to see what is going on and we realize it is because we are centered on our condition, which reminds us of what we are and not who (or Whose we are). We may begin to wonder why the failures and even maybe doubt our salvation, and that, while the Lord is with us.

In the Lord’s time our thoughts are brought back to our position, which never really falters, because God has taken all into account and has found us lacking. But be of good cheer, for his “acceptance” (Eph 1:6) takes everything into consideration, and He knows there is nothing that you would want to do to displease Him—because He “works” this in you (Phl 2:13).

“And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever” (Isa 32:17).

Don’t get hung up on your condition!

Note: This article is inspired by the book “The Green Letters” by Miles J Stanford, published by Zondervan.

MJS devotional excerpt for Aug 5

“Let my circumstances be what they may, if I can see them ordered for me unfailingly by One in whom infinite wisdom, power, and goodness combine, and whose love toward me I am assured of, my restlessness is gone, my will subjected to that other Will in which I can but acquiesce and delight.” --Frederick William Grant (1834-1902)
http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/