Atheist Friend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Michelangelo

I have a friend who is an atheist. What would you do in this situation? He's a very intellectual person who thinks he has figured it out logically that God probably does not exist, and has all sorts of arguments and counterarguments for lots of different things. What is the best way to convince him, do you think?

What would you do?

Sincerely,

-Michel

L

Liz_loves_Jesus

Look up 'Ray Comfort' on youtube. He's a kiwi living in America and he's flippin' awesome!
God bless, Liz =)

Jan 9, 2009
I have a friend who is an atheist. What would you do in this situation? He's a very intellectual person who thinks he has figured it out logically that God probably does not exist, and has all sorts of arguments and counterarguments for lots of different things. What is the best way to convince him, do you think?

What would you do?

Sincerely,

-Michel

Have him join the Marines. Some time in a war zone always converts them. Before very long they'll be saying things like "God what am I doing here?" "God, I want to go home" After that experience they'll listen more when a Christian talks to him about God & the Bible.

Last edited:
L

LeoneXIII

Are you familiar with the Five Proofs of the Existence of God as formulated by St. Thomas Aquinas? They're pretty stout logic if you can articulate them well. I find the fifth argument to be exceptionally convincing, and most atheists upon whom I have used these arguments agree. It's undeniable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinquae_viae

Also, Pascal's Wager sometimes has some emotional appeal. Basically, the wager shows us what is sensible in terms of belief. Either God exists, or he doesn't. He can't sort of exist or kind of exist. Either he does or he doesn't. Our options are either to believe or not to believe. From these two things we have four outcomes.

Believe in a God who exists. (When you die, good.)
Believe in a God who doesn't exist. (When you die, big deal)
Don't believe in a God who doesn't exist. (Once again, when you die, big deal)
Don't believe in a God who exists. (When you die, big problems)

This shows that there's only one sensible solution. Of course, it's a very low motive--it appeals to our innate instinct of self-preservation, but that sometimes proves effective in motivating people. It also eliminates agnosticism as having any intellectual or moral significance whatsoever.