Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't care how much nationalism you regurgitate at me, I personally risked my life in the military and am above all of it.
Then you should know that people of all faiths and lack thereof Also Serve their country and risked their lives right along next to you. Is their sacrifice any less important because they weren't Christian? Freedom only works if it applies to everyone

P

pckts

Then you should know that people of all faiths and lack thereof Also Serve their country and risked their lives right along next to you. Is there a sacrifice being left because they weren't Christian? Freedom only works if it applies to everyone
You don't tell me what I know from my experience, it's pure speculation. People join the military because they were forced in a draft, money, a career, and the experience. Once you join you can't quit until your contract is fulfilled, you go to jail if you try. If they are killed while serving they were murdered and sacrificed for the military industrial complex. No one is thinking about the constitution in a foxhole or in their final moments. It's very violent,empty, cold, animalistic, and not what you see on tv.

Last edited:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
You don't tell me what I know from my experience, it's pure speculation. People join the military because they were forced in a draft, money, a career, and the experience. Once you join you can't quit until your contract is fulfilled, you go to jail if you try. If they are killed while serving they were murdered and sacrificed for the military industrial complex. No one is thinking about the constitution in a foxhole or in their final moments. It's very violent,empty, cold, animalistic, and not what you see on tv.
No one has been drafted since the sixties. People join the military for a variety of reasons. Some people don't want to come out of college 50 to $100,000 in debt and then have at best a 50% chance of finding a job that's relevant to their degree. Then spend the rest of their lives paying off college loans. Some do it for family tradition. Some people just need a job. My son is a Marine. At 21 he already has his CDL and is studying to be a diesel mechanic. And I think it would be a safe assumption to say that not everyone who joins the military is Christian. My son told me he had Muslims in his Squad at basic. Everyone's religions are accommodated accordingly. Or lack thereof

Last edited:

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Being in Australia, and I have been following this, I am really not surprised of the outcome, especially of that $122 million dollar postal vote (and to think that amount of money could of been better spent on housing projects). This postal vote that was in Australia literally redefines the meaning flushing money down the toilet.

Last news I aware of is that the same sex bill pass the senate, so it really is now just a matter of time.

At the end of the day, if the many people want this, that is their choice.

One thing I know is that every decision that is made can have consequences. I pray that the people who cannot see what is happening, that they wake up, before it is too late.

Feb 28, 2016
if they weren't 'Christian', then they wouldn't care if they lived or died for their Saviour',
there are many, many reasons why people 'join' the plethora of organizations out there,
whether Christian or not...

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
2 Timothy 3:1-9 [FONT=&quot]3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive,disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds,who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.[/FONT]

kaf

Dec 4, 2017
Really the world is coming to an end. let us always proclaim the return of Jesus Christ and lead people with love to repentance, for without sanctification no one will see the Lord.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Well the latest is that the same sex marriage bill has been passed at parliament, and even though it appears it is now legal in Australia, (and some news articles are not quite accurate in their reporting), there is one more step that needs to be done, and the bill needs to be signed by the Governor-General, then it will be officially legal.

I got no doubt in my mind these are the end times we are living in.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Well just to update on this, the bill has been signed by the Governor-General. It is on youtube for those that want to watch the clip.

Now it is official. Australia is now like her sister countries and mother country.

The people who wanted yes and supported this have got their wish.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
There's nothing we can do to keep gay marriage from being legalized. It's important to highlight, however, that the new laws just permit gay marriage -- they don't force anyone to commit sin. Gay marriage sets a bad example for our kids, but God will use us to tell them what is right before His eyes.

Feb 28, 2016
of course, they don't 'force' anyone to commit sin, they have 'merely given them permission'...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Really the world is coming to an end. let us always proclaim the return of Jesus Christ and lead people with love to repentance, for without sanctification no one will see the Lord.
They were saying the same thing 2000 years ago.
It could be 5 minutes It could be another five thousand years. No one knows

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015

Thats because Human Nature hasn't changed since Eden and neither has sin. The only difference is there are more sophisticated ways to commit it. If the race is still around in another 5000 years no doubt people will still be committing the same sins in ways we cant even imagine.

K

kaylagrl

There's nothing we can do to keep gay marriage from being legalized. It's important to highlight, however, that the new laws just permit gay marriage -- they don't force anyone to commit sin. Gay marriage sets a bad example for our kids, but God will use us to tell them what is right before His eyes.

Its just a matter of time,but preachers will soon be forced to perform gay marriages.Wait and see.

K

kaylagrl

The Bible tells us about signs of the times. We can have a general idea according to what Jesus said.

Apr 14, 2011

Its just a matter of time,but preachers will soon be forced to perform gay marriages.Wait and see.
That already has happened, do you remember the whole hullabaloo that Houston's lesbian mayor had against Christian pastors' sermons that said that homosexuality is a sin against God. So it already has happened and it is only going to increase in these extreme days, like the song by TobyMac says. But soon more preachers will be forced to perform homosexual marriages or else. Which is sad that Christians are just not being allowed to follow their faith in both the private and the public spheres, instead of just the private which secularization demands but is against h the Great Commission in Matthew.

Last edited:

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
of course, they don't 'force' anyone to commit sin, they have 'merely given them permission'...
Not only that, but also financial incentives as well depending on the situation.

To those in the US, can you confirm something for me. The religious organizations that refuse to take part in same sex weddings, can they lose their "tax exempt" status?

Feb 28, 2016

=============================================

not 'forced', but simply agreeing, for their own individual reasons...

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
I don't think the term marriage is solely owned buy Christians. I don't see how the government who represents people of all faiths or non faiths can stop two consenting adults from joining together.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Thing is now in Australia, what I am wondering, how long will it be before the political correctness totalitarian regime starts hunting down people for refusing to take part in same-sex wedding celebrations?

Another matter that relates to this, will Australia adopt this gender identity and pronouns law like in Canada? Bill C-16 I seem to recall it is called in Canada.

Oh by the way, it is interesting, but the amount of voters who supported the same-sex marriage in Australia was 61.6%

Very interesting that number. Look at the numbers. 616.

Last edited: