Bad day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
We have gradually introduced our cat to the garden. Today she did what cats do and went into a neighbours garden. He tried to kill her. Set his dog on her goded it to get her. And when she managed to get on the fence tried to pull her down into his garden so the dog could get her. I managed to shout leave her alone don't touch her. Eventually I coached her back into our garden. I was so scarred. We are now going to have to have a cat enclosure and the cat is on lock down. Thankfully she is OK.

It started as such a nice day great morning at Church.

I really don't need the stress. Particularly as I have more exams this coming week.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

I'm so sorry that happened!!!
I am not a stranger to neighbors trying to end my pets lives. One neighbor tried to poison my dog. One actually did die from that, and one got really sick and is very protective now.
I'll spare you the details from other stories because believe it or not that is the nicest story I've got when it comes to this. Maybe try to keep your cat inside for now and try talking to the neighbors?

Dec 19, 2009
We have gradually introduced our cat to the garden. Today she did what cats do and went into a neighbours garden. He tried to kill her. Set his dog on her goded it to get her. And when she managed to get on the fence tried to pull her down into his garden so the dog could get her. I managed to shout leave her alone don't touch her. Eventually I coached her back into our garden. I was so scarred. We are now going to have to have a cat enclosure and the cat is on lock down. Thankfully she is OK.

I really don't need the stress. Particularly as I have more exams this coming week.
I hope he doesn't treat his dog as bad as he treats your cat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sounds like your neighbor has anger issues. The cat enclosure is a good idea, besides your neighbor's garden the cat could run into the road or get mauled by a stray dog. It may be helpful to talk to your neighbor once you both calm down, tell him your sorry about the cat going on his property but you were very upset about how he treated you. It's a shame to have bad neighbors. I've had my share of those in some of the places that I have lived. I have prayed for a peaceful resolution and for God to calm you so that you can focus on your exams.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Some people just seem not to like cats. Always has been the case but things seem to be getting worse. I can't stand animal cruelty of anykind.

Our last cat seemed to be better at self preservation. In that situation he would have lept off the fence into our garden to safety. He also seemed to be more compitent at climbing fences. Our current cat has thrown herself at fences and fallen off. She also seems to want to attack rather than run away. Our old cat developed renal failure and had to put to sleep. Our current cat is about a year old and has just started to be allowed out in the garden supervised. Kind of hard to stop her climbing fences and out. I was kind of warey about let her out as there has been a spate of cat poisonings. Also in other areas people are killing cats.

So now our cat isn't allowed out until we have an enclosure she can't get out off.

S

sassylady

My cats never go outside. It is so hard to contain a cat. And so many people just seem to hate cats for some reason I'll never understand.

I'm glad your cat is alright.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
We have stopped having a pet for a long time (except fishes-) but my child appreciates cats who stray and want to feed whenever one comes along. I hope cat stays safe at home, and u get to prepare for ur exams too.

Aug 2, 2009

I don't know about the laws in the UK but here in the US that neighbor could be charged with animal cruelty. If you were able to videotape him doing that stuff and contacted the police it could probably earn him some prison time here. Poor kitty. :(