Belmont Stakes '18

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for posting that :) I did not realize the race was this weekend; Friday night I wanted to watch the move Sceretariat, but could not find it, so started watching Pride and Prejudice instead :D Nobody has ever beat Secretariat's record win by 31 lengths. What an amazing horse, and story :)

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Pride and Prejudice is a great movie,
you know, for a chick-flick.
Last night we watched Seabiscuit.
My wife's a horse nut and her favorite is Man-o'-War,
even though he was dead 25 years before she was born.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
When you watch that race, keep your eye on
the #6 horse, "Gronkowski", who starts dead last.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When you watch that race, keep your eye on
the #6 horse, "Gronkowski", who starts dead last.
I was watching him, because that was Secretariat's habit, too, wasn't it? To start last and then surge from behind. He did not do that for that amazing win in '73, though, which was a longer course than he was used to running, and some thought because he led most of the way, that he would therefore falter and eventually lag, but he just kept going faster and faster, and smoked the competition in a stunning victory that will probably never be equaled.

I have watched the movie Sea Biscuit also, multiple times as well, and I really like it, but find the Secretariat movie to be superior for a number of reasons. The Sea Biscuit story was also very interesting for the post-depression era it represents :) Have you seen War Horse? It is a beautiful story as well, though fiction, unlike Sea Biscuit and Secretariat :D

Yes, haha, the BBC P&P is a wonderful depiction of Jane Austen's classic :)

^^ I love seeing this :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Here is the movie version of Secretariat's stunning win at Belmont in '73. I love the song they play in the soundtrack as he rounds the last turn, Oh Happy Day, which is about Jesus :D The book of Job is also quoted. The real-life owner of Secretariat has a cameo @ 1:41.

The necropsy of Secretariat following his death revealed that he had a very large heart :)