BEMA SEAT: JUDGEMENT OF THE SAINTS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SeekinHIM

PRECIOUS SAINTS,

THIS IS INDEED ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS THAT I HAVE POSTED YET...........

THE OTHERS ARE SIMPLY PREPARATION TEACHINGS FOR THIS VERY ONE, AND WHILE I WILL POST OTHER PREPARATION TEACHINGS AS WE GO, AFTER PLACING THE LAST ONE ON JUDGEMENT, I BELIEVE THE LORD WANTED ME TO SHARE THIS ONE NOW, SO YOU KNOW WHAT'S JUST OVER THE HORIZEN FOR THOSE THAT..........

FOLLOWED THE LAMB WHEREVER HE WENT AND LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES..........EVEN UNTO DEATH! REVELATION 12:11

Please turn to 1 CORINTHIANS CH. 3 Starting at verse 10- According to the Grace of GOD which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. (This means HIM living THROUGH you.........)

Now if any man builds on the foundation with GOLD, SILVER or PRECIUOS STONES, WOOD, HAY OR STUBBLE (STRAW) each man's work will become evident; for the Day will show it because it is to be revealed with FIRE..... and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.

If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; BUT HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, YET SO AS THROUGH FIRE.......

Precious Brother's and Sister's,

This is what we need to know here, if we WALK AFTER THE FLESH, AND NOT IN THE SPIRIT, then our WORKS will burn up before CHRIST..........On the other hand, IF WE WALK IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT AFTER THE FLESH, then we will receive a reward.........You see, JESUS CHRIST IS INDEED LIVING

INSIDE OF YOU, HOWEVER, IF YOU CHOOSE TO TRY TO MEET ALL OF YOUR OWN NEEDS YOURSELF,

AND TRY TO SOLVE YOUR OWN PROBLEMS YOURSELF (which will never work) AND YOU TRY TO RUN

YOUR OWN LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT TO, INSTEAD OF COMPLETELY SURRENDERING TO CHRIST IN

YOU, THEN WE WILL SEE OUR WHOLE LIFE AS CHRISTIANS BURN UP BEFORE HIM, BECAUSE WE DID

THIS, INSTEAD OF LETTING HIM COMPLETELY TAKE OVER AND LIVE THROUGH US..............

There's more to this teaching and as time goes on I will add more..........

SeekinHIM

Jan 8, 2009
Scripture says if we walk after the flesh and not in the spirit then we will die, i.e. eternal death aka separation from God.

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you shall die.

Works being burnt up has nothing to do with walking after the flesh. Rather, works are false doctrines, ceremonies and traditions of man etc.

S

SeekinHIM

Precious,

YOU SHALL DIE''- This term has to do with us PHYSICALLY DYING if we walk after the flesh......THIS IS WHY I AM TEACHING ALL OF THESE TEACHINGS.

EVERYTHING IN OUR LIVES HAS TO DO WITH EITHER WALKING IN THE SPIRIT, OR AFTER THE FLESH................JUST READ ANY OF THE REFERENCES TO THE FLESH VERSES THE SPIRIT........SUCH AS Galatians- For the flesh sets it's desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; FOR THESE THINGS ARE IN OPPOSITION TO ONE ANOTHER, SO THAT YOU MAY NOT DO THE THINGS THAT YOU PLEASE...5:17

Do you remember the vision that the Apostle Paul had, where he states that he knew of a man, 14 YEARS AGO.........That was taken up to Heaven...?
Well Bible Scholars agree primarily that this was the Apostle Paul himself, that was taken up in the vision........This is why he had the THORN IN THE FLESH..........Anyway, he was given the view of the JUDGEMENT OF THE SAINTS..........How else could he have witnessed ONE ESCAPING THROUGH THE FLAMES..............This is a picture of us living our lives the way we want to AFTER SALVATION, WHEN INSTEAD THE PLAN IS TO LET CHRIST LIVE THROUGH US...........And when we get there, YES WE ARE SAVED, BUT THERE IS NO REWARD FOR US, BECAUSE WE LIVED OUR WAY..........

THIS IS THE TRUE DESCRIPTION OF " WALKING AFTER THE FLESH".

WORKS ARE FALSE DOCTRINES? - Please re-read the passage in the original post, Paul clearly states what we BUILD as our work...........

SeekinHIM

G

greatkraw

So when is the Bema Seat Judgement?
When will the Bride make herself ready?
When will the Church(from all 2000 years of history) be purged.

After the Rapture and before the Second Coming.

It cannot fit in anywhere any when else.

Jan 31, 2009
Scripture says if we walk after the flesh and not in the spirit then we will die, i.e. eternal death aka separation from God.

Works being burnt up has nothing to do with walking after the flesh. Rather, works are false doctrines, ceremonies and traditions of man etc.

the problem with false doctrines and false religions are that they take one verse, and base a doctrine on that one verse and most of the time will neglect 100s of verses that contradict their view of said verse. now let's disect roms 8:13 this does indeed say "you shall die" so what we all one day will die, no where does it say that this death is the spiritual death, but with the next verses we will have to conclude that it means the natural/physical death, for how could we live not in the spirit of fear, if we think that we can die the spiritual death and go to hell, we would have to live every minute of our life with fear, even if we believe that Jesus has saved us but we could still die and go to hell, every minute of life would be spent with the spirit of fear. It always amazes me how people will always assume that death is always referring to the spiritual death over the physical death and that Fire is aways in reference to hell. When it says that Jesus died for our sin. He did not die a spiritual death and when it says we will be placed in the fire. I cor. 3 tells us of a fire that will prove our works, but the man himself will be saved. Jesus says he will baptize with fire, so death is not always the bad place and fire is not always hell.

Ro 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.Ro 8:15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

the spirit of bondage again to fear. that spirit of bondage to fear: the key word here is "again" Once we trust Jesus as our Savior, we should never fear the spiritual death "AGAIN" But that Spirit of fear is replaced with the fact that we are adopted into the family of God with Daddy our Father, now in charge. and if we follow the spirit of God then our Daddy will continue to bless and give live but if we don't walk in the spirit of God Then the Father will not bless and will take this life.

1co 5:5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
so if we walk not in the spirit as we should then God will allow this body to be destoried but that the spirit may be saved

Jan 31, 2009
So when is the Bema Seat Judgement?
When will the Bride make herself ready?
When will the Church(from all 2000 years of history) be purged.

After the Rapture and before the Second Coming.

It cannot fit in anywhere any when else.

well according to rev 19-20 it would have to be after the rapture and before the second coming.
Re 19:7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.Re 19:8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
for by the appearance of her linen is the righteousness of the saints, this is before the thousand year reign and before the final judgement, so how does the bride arrive to be judged, and receive her righteous linen, before the final judgement by way of the rapture:

Re 20:7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,Re 20:8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.Re 20:9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.Re 20:10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.Re 20:11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Jan 8, 2009
Thaddeus, lets take this plain and simple verse and give it a plain and simple reading:

If you live, according to the flesh. You WILL DIE.

Stop debating scripture to prove your false beliefs. You do not need two paragraphs of drivel to explain away the obvious meaning of verse 13. And your "physical death only" argument doesn't cut it. We all know that Christians weren't living into their 100's in the early days of the church when Paul wrote that. And many died by violent means too.

My point was, the scripture teaches that living according to the flesh is not the reason for loss of rewards...that results in death. Let me rephrase it - there will be no fleshly living Christians in heaven. The dead soul does not go to heaven.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2009
the spirit of bondage again to fear. that spirit of bondage to fear: the key word here is "again" Once we trust Jesus as our Savior, we should never fear the spiritual death "AGAIN"
Worse than making a false doctrine off one verse, is making one off one single word ;).

Jan 8, 2009
Let me explain the concept of works.

Paul is talking about dead works, that results in loss of reward. They are works which do not have basis or foundation in Jesus Christ. A good example would be a person who spends all their time fixing up cars instead of reading their bible. Fixing up cars does not mean they go to hell. But they are counted least in the kingdom of heaven because they did not devote their life to kingdom works. That is in contrast to the apostles who gave up their lives for Christ , suffering torture and such things as these...they get full reward. But they will go to hell if they lived in their flesh, that is, lived in an adulterous relationship for x number of years without repenting. Those people do not lose rewards, they die , as the verse in Romans I gave says. The concept is very simple. Sinners go to hell, lazy or distracted or unfruitful christians lose rewards, christians who lay down their lives get full reward. This false doctrine which is in the OP is that sinners lose rewards. But, they lose more than that, they lose their life. It's important people know that, in case they think they can live in the flesh and only lose rewards, but find themselve in a very hot place after death. You woudln't want to be responsible for that I hope?

Last edited:
S

SeekinHIM

Precious,

It's not the particular occupation that is involved here, there will be sanitation workers in heaven that have higher positions than some Pastors, simply because they ALLOWED CHRIST TO LIVE HIS LIFE THROUGH THEM, Where the Pastor didn't , THE QUALITY OF EACH MANS WORK , in the passage is the key, ONLY A WORK OF CHRIST LIVING THROUGH US WILL PASS HIS JUDGEMENT SEAT.............GO TO HELL IF THEY LIVED IN THEIR FLESH.....?

It seems that you have a much different view of FLESH than what is spoken in the Word, we will take a closer look at this soon, I am going to be doing a teaching on it, so look for it ...........called F.L.E.S.H. Facing Life Exclusively on Self Habits

IF THEY LIVED IN AN ADULTEROUS RELATIONSHIP FOR " X " NUMBER OF YEARS????? This is what is called PERFORMANCE BASED HOLINESS..........In other words GOD judges us on BELL CURVE.........NOT SO.

Your estimations seem to be somewhat biased based - doctrinal errors perhaps from a particular denominational tenet'......definately not Scriptural....

When I do a teaching on this subject perhaps then you will understand.............A final note......In the Gospels, when JESUS STATED ....." WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING...........WHAT IS HE REFERRING TO ?

Jan 8, 2009
A final note......In the Gospels, when JESUS STATED ....." WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING...........WHAT IS HE REFERRING TO ?
Before he says that, he says "abide in Me". A person living in the flesh is not "abiding in Me". My point was the concepts of flesh versus Spirit, death versus life, are not related to Paul's teachings on rewards for works. HE is talking about doctrines. This should be obvious from the context of verses 1 to 10, when Paul says some follow Paul, some follow Apollos.. and the carnal divisions resulting from it. IN fact the word 'flesh' does not appear in any part of 1 Corinthians Chapter 3. A man's work will be burned. You cannot burn sin, you cannot burn an idea or a concept. You can burn money, you can burn wealth, and good looks, and books containing false doctrine. But you can't burn sins of the flesh, because they are in the heart.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2009
Their foundation will be tested: In other words, when faced with doom and end times fires that which burn up the world and the firmanents.. will they hold fast to Christ? Will they deny Him? Will they find comfort in their worldly possessions which will be burnt, their books on false doctrine (eg book of mormon), and other things that are not the only Rock and foundation who is Christ. Will they attempt to save their own life or will they give their life in service to save another? You can see that sins of the heart and flesh cannot be burnt up by literal fire. They can only be cleansed by the inward working of the Holy Spirit on the heart.

S

SeekinHIM

Dear Mahogony,

A couple of things to consider also, when we read about being conformed into the Image of CHRIST, the concept here is as HE walked on Earth, with HIS life totally surrendered to GOD, HIS WILL COMPLETELY SURRENDERED TO GOD.................When we walk in the flesh, this is a direct connection to our lineage to Adam. That life is crucified in a BORN AGAIN believer........This is all about WHO is meeting our needs on this planet. Is it US MEETING OUR OWN NEEDS OUR OWN WAY, OR ARE WE REALLY SURRENDERED TO GOD, ALLOWING JESUS TO LIVE HIS AGAPE LIFE THROUGH US, MY GOD SUPPLYING ALL OF MY NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN CHRIST JESUS............

GOD is not asking us to WORK for HIM...........HE could raise up stones to do this..........HE is asking us to do for CHRIST now, what HE did with the FATHER..........JESUS' STATEMENTS IN THE GOSPELS SHOULD GIVE YOU AN INDICATION OF THIS..............The works I do are not MY own but the FATHERS.............The words I speak are not MY own they are of the FATHER............I came not to do MY own will, but the Will of The ONE Who sent me...............As you read these and other statements that the LORD says, consider beyond performance here..............QUALITY in the passage from 1 CORINTHIANS is a direct reference to the SPIRIT of GOD...............not dying for the Gospel as opposed to fixing cars.........

As I said in the last post, I will be doing a teaching on this soon.......

SeekinHIM

Jan 8, 2009
I agree with everything you said. I just want to clarify that "flesh" here does not mean sins or lusts of the flesh which are or should be dealt with by crucifixion which I think you talked about in another thread of yours. In case any think that they can live according to the flesh (by which Paul said a person shall die), but merely lose rewards instead of die. In reality such a person is in danger of hell, not merely losing rewards. But I think it is true that the gospels declare a performance based metric for heavenly rewards. The apostles were told by Christ they shall sit at his right and his left, judging over the 12 tribes of Israel. In other words, those who lay down their life in service to God, will reap many more times in the next life, and eternal life as well. Christ did say that. Still, this is all within the context of obedience to God for His individual plan and will for your life.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2010
My mentor and close friend's last name is "Bema".

Point of interest. *shrug*

Jan 8, 2009
Bema Burgatrond? OH, Burgatrond would be a cool last name for a first name Bema.