Benefitee's told to get a job

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

I wouldn't disagree with this UG.
Here is some of the data, now I am not sure how many Republicans supported these measures, but most the present day problems start under democratic leadership. Also good to know is the Dems are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, KKK and segregation.

LBJ was not a good man and it does not take much to uncover his scandals, less than honorable dealings and perhaps even crimes.

The problems started with FDR but with President Lyndon Johnson in 1964 through his so-called War on Poverty the real downhill slide was put in motion.

His policies were to the complete detriment of the blacks and in my opinion purposely done, his bigotry was well known.

The black poverty rate in particular had been cut nearly in half between 1940 and 1960. And in various skilled trades during the period of 1936-59, the incomes of blacks relative to those of whites had more than doubled.
Yet from 1965-69, government-provided benefits increased by a factor of 8; by 1974 such benefits were an astounding 20 times higher than they had been in 1965.
But by 1974, federal spending on social-welfare programs amounted to 16% of America’s Gross National Product, a far cry from the 8% figure of 1960. By 1977 the number of people receiving public assistance had more than doubled since 1960.

All this was accompanied by family breakdown etc., etc.,

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
You all would do better to just acknowledge that all politicians are evil-instead of arguing over which gang has screwed up the country. They both did it.