Between two Trees.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

In the Garden was the Tree of Life, and also in the same Garden was the tree of the discernment of good and evil.

The temptation was that if one should eat of this tree of the discernment of good and evil it would make him wise, and he would be as God, knowing both good and evil. And the woman was deceived, and she gave to Adam and he ate also.

If they had eaten of the Tree of Life they would have known everything they needed to know. But they ate from the forbidden tree and death came on all men.

It seems people have not stopped eating from that tree of discernment of good and evil.

It is safer to eat of the Tree of Life, Jesus Christ.

May Jesus bless you.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The way I understand it is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is The Law of God - The ten commandments. The Law's whole purpose is to expose sin. But by doing so it brings death. The wages of sin is death. But the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for us provides atonement for our souls! The Tree of Life. Grace. Unmerited favor and love.

R

Ramon

The way I understand it is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is The Law of God - The ten commandments. The Law's whole purpose is to expose sin. But by doing so it brings death. The wages of sin is death. But the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for us provides atonement for our souls! The Tree of Life. Grace. Unmerited favor and love.
:):):):):) AMEN!!!!

Jul 30, 2010
[/QUOTE]Hi Grandpa. The Law didn't come out until thousands of years later, so it cant have anything to do with the 10 commandments. Just a conscience of knowing what is good and evil.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I at one time saw redemption in this way, but several things have changed how I see redemption now. Before they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they had no sin. It was not the tree that caused them to die, not the fruit of the tree that brought death, but disobedience to God. After they ate, with the certain knowledge that they had sinned against God, they hid from Him. The fruit of this tree allowed them to know that they were naked.

Paul wrote that in Adam we all died. This signifies that we are all separate from God which is death. The Law was brought in to make our death, our separation from God, extremely apparent to even the dullest person. Therefore, salvation is reconciliation with God. That Jesus offered up Himself to pay the price for our sins shows just how much God desires us to be reconciled to Him. We are not reconciled if we stand far off from Him.

Jesus not only died for our sins, He also sacrificed Himself to our deadness, our separation from God. He identified with us cometely, suffered separation from God with us, and died to that separation. The separation became His flesh. In Jesus, we are reconciled with God in His resurrection.

Life more abundantly is fellowship with God.

R

Ramon

I at one time saw redemption in this way, but several things have changed how I see redemption now. Before they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they had no sin. It was not the tree that caused them to die, not the fruit of the tree that brought death, but disobedience to God. After they ate, with the certain knowledge that they had sinned against God, they hid from Him. The fruit of this tree allowed them to know that they were naked.

Paul wrote that in Adam we all died. This signifies that we are all separate from God which is death. The Law was brought in to make our death, our separation from God, extremely apparent to even the dullest person. Therefore, salvation is reconciliation with God. That Jesus offered up Himself to pay the price for our sins shows just how much God desires us to be reconciled to Him. We are not reconciled if we stand far off from Him.

Jesus not only died for our sins, He also sacrificed Himself to our deadness, our separation from God. He identified with us cometely, suffered separation from God with us, and died to that separation. The separation became His flesh. In Jesus, we are reconciled with God in His resurrection.

Life more abundantly is fellowship with God.
:):):):):) AMEN!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
[/QUOTE]Hi Grandpa. The Law didn't come out until thousands of years later, so it cant have anything to do with the 10 commandments. Just a conscience of knowing what is good and evil.
Hi journey. You know how there are many types and shadows in the old testament that are revealed in the new testament? I view the tree of Knowledge of good and evil to be a type or a shadow of the Law to come. I know that the actual Law wasn't given until Moses... I hope that makes more sense

God Bless You

May 2, 2011
Zechariah 4:3
And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left
side thereof.

Revelation 11:3-5

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two
hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the
earth.

And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their
enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

[Don't tell anyone in the Seven Candlesticks thread I posted this tho :) ]

Revelation 2:7 [NIV]
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who
overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life
, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life,
which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month:
and the leaves of
the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:19 [NIV]
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him
his share in the tree of life
and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

L

Laodicea

The ten commandments were in the garden but they were not an issue until later just give you an example of one

Genesis 2:1-3
(1) Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
(2) And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
(3) And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11
(8) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
(10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
(11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.