Bible Beliefs I Hold To

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southern

Sep 9, 2009
SECTION 6
Living God ministries Inc.
Manual Written and compiled by: Johnny Stallings

Bible Beliefs

We Hold These Truths ...
These vital points of New Testament doctrine are some of the prominent teachings of Living God ministries & The Church Of The Living God. Not all Christian Church organizations teach these points of doctrine the
same way.
This Holy Church accepts the whole Bible rightly divided and holds these sacred truths as they have been revealed in the Scriptures by the Holy Ghost. All those who become members of The Church of the Living God must accept the following covenant in the affirmative:
"Will you sincerely promise in the presence of God and these witnesses that you will accept this Bible as the Word of God believe and practice its teachings rightly divided the New Testament as your rule of faith and practice, government and discipline, and walk in the light to the best of your knowledge and ability? "This is a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten."
Repentance
... Repentance is the act of turning from and forsaking sin. Read . Justification
... Justification is a state and an act. It is the state of being void of offense toward God by the act of God's forgiveness of the transgressions for which one has repented. See Romans 5:1-9; Titus 3:7.
Regeneration
... Regeneration is an act of God performed in the justified heart whereby new, spiritual life is generated. See Titus 3:5 .... Regeneration is simultaneous with the new birth. Also see, Matt. 19:28.
Born Again
... To be born again is to become a new creature in Christ and a child of God. This new birth is the result of repentance, justification and regeneration and is accompanied by a definite inner witness. See John 3:3; 1 Peter 1 :23; 1 John 3:9 .... The new birth is a prerequisite for the experience of sanctification.
Sanctification
... Sanctification is the second definite work of grace, an instantaneous work wrought in the regenerated heart by the Holy Ghost with the blood of Christ. In regeneration actual transgressions are forgiven, but in sanctification the Adamic nature, or inbred sin, is eradicated. Sanctification restores man to the holy estate of Adam before the fall, and gives him the grace to live a life of holiness, thus making him eligible for the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. Sanctification is subsequent to justification. See Romans 5:2; 1
Corinthians 1:30; I Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:12; 1 John 1
Holiness
... Holiness is the state of being free from sin, a condition made possible by the experience of sanctification. God requires man to live sinless in this present world and provides the
Means through the blood of Jesus. See Luke 1:74,75 1 Thessalonians 4:7:12:14
Water Baptism
... Water baptism is the act of being immersed in water according to the instructions of Christ. Although this ordinance has no power to wash away sin, it represents the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. Only those who have already been born again are eligible for water baptism. See Matthew 28: 19; Mark 1 :8-10; John 3:22, 23; Acts 8: 12, 36-38; 10:47,48; 16:33.
Baptism with the Holy Ghost
... The baptism with the Holy Ghost which is subsequent to sanctification is the enduement of power for service. This baptism is always accompanied by the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance. It is the filling of the temple already made clean by sanctification and is a gift of God in answer to the prayer of Christ. Read Matthew 3: 11; Luke 24:49-53; Acts 1 :4-8.
Speaking in Tongues
... Speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance is the initial, physical evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost. This is separate and distinct from the gift of tongues, which is one of the nine gifts of the Spirit. John 15:26. Also read, Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:6.
Full Restoration of the Gifts to The Church
.. , The gifts of the Spirit were set in the Church to be operated by the Spirit according to
the will of God. They are manifested through individual members. The gifts are given to the Church and not to individuals. These gifts were all operated in the early Church and were restored to the Church in these last days. See 1 Corinthians 12:1, 7-10,28,31; 1 Corinthians 14: 1.
Signs Following Believers
... Miraculous signs will accompany the work and ministry of true believers. See Mark
16:17-20; Romans 15:18,19; Hebrews 2:4.
Fruit of the Spirit
... The Spirit-filled life will manifest the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. These virtues are divine in origin and spring from a Spirit-filled heart. See Romans 6:22; Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 5:9; Philippians 1: 11.
Divine Healing
... The sacrifice of Christ provided not only for the salvation of the souls of men but also for the healing of man's physical ailments. Divine healing is healing accomplished by the power of God and is available to all who believe. the same as salvation. Read Psalms 103:3; Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:16, 17; James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24.
The Lord's Supper
... The Lord's Supper was instituted by Christ and is a sacred ordinance which we are commanded to observe in commemoration of Christ and His death. Only sinless and consecrated Christians are eligible to partake of this Supper. See Luke 22: 17-20; 1 Corinthians 1 1 :23-33.
Washing the Saints' Feet
... Feet washing was instituted by Jesus on the night of the Last Supper and is a New Testament ordinance we are enjoined to observe. Its observance was taught by the apostles and practiced by the early Church. See John 13:4-17; 1 Timothy 5: 1 O.
Tithing and Giving
... Tithing is the paying of one tenth of our increase into the treasury of the Church. It began with Abraham, continued under the law and received Christ's approval. Giving differs from and is in addition to tithing. Both are part of God's plan to finance His work on earth. Read Genesis 14: 18-20; 28:20-22; Malachi 3: 1 0; Matthew 23:23; Luke 1 1 :42; 1 Corinthians 1 6:2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-9; Hebrews 7: 1-21.
Restitution Where Possible
... Restitution is the act of restoring something wrongfully taken or the satisfying of one who has been wronged. God requires those who become converted to perform such tasks if at all possible. See Matthew 3:8; Luke 1 9:8,9; Romans 13:8.
Pre-Millennial Second Coming of Jesus
... First, to resurrect the dead saints and to catch away the living saints to meet Him in the air. Read in Matthew 24:27,28; 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52; 1 Thessalonians 4: 15-17 .
... Second, to reign on earth a thousand years. Read also, Zechariah
14:4, 5; Luke 1 :32; 1 Thessalonians 4:14; 2 Thessalonians 1 :7-10; Jade 14, 15; Revelation 5:10; 19:11-21 ;20:46.
Resurrection
... All the dead will be resurrected. The righteous dead will be raised in the first resurrection which is at Christ's appearing. The resurrection of the wicked dead will occur after the thousand years reign of Christ on earth. See Isaiah 26: 1 9; Daniel 12:2; John 5:28, 29; Acts 24: 15; Revelation 20:5, 6.
Eternal Life for the Righteous
... Those who die in the Lord and those who are serving Him when He returns will receive a reward of eternal life. Read in Matthew 25:46; Luke 1 8:30; John 10:28; Romans 6:22; 1 John 5:1 1-13.
Eternal Punishment for the Wicked
... The unconverted and the wicked are doomed to eternal punishment, from which there is no escape-no liberation or annihilation. See Matthew 25:4 1 -46; Mark 3:29; 2 Thessalonians 1 :8,9; Revelation 20:10-15; 21 :8.
Total Abstinence from all Liquor or Strong Drinks
'" The Bible expressly forbids the use of intoxicating beverages. Even slight indulgence is not in keeping with the Scriptural standard of holiness. Read Proverbs 20: 1; 23:29-
Isaiah 28:7; 1 Corinthians 5: 1 1; 6: 1 0; Galatians 5:21.
Against the Use of Tobacco in Any Form, Opium, Morphine, Etc .
... The use of tobacco and the habitual use of narcotics are sinful practices which defile the body, the temple of the Holy Ghost, and is an outward evidence of an impure heart. Read Isaiah 55:2; 1 Corinthians 10:31, 32; 2 Corinthians 7: 1; Ephesians 5:3-8; James 1 :21.
On Meats and Drinks
... The New Testament makes no rigid rule concerning what the Christian shall eat or drink (with the exception of strong drink). We have no right to judge what our brother eats or what he drinks. Read in Romans 14:2-3, 17; 1 Corinthians 8:8; 1 Timothy 4:1-5.
On The Sabbath
... The observance of the Sabbath was a requirement of Jewish law and as such was not carried over into the Grace Dispensation. Sunday is not the Sabbath but is merely a day set aside to give special attention to the worship of God. Instead of keeping only the Sabbath day holy, we are required in this dispensation to keep every day holy. The Jewish Sabbath is a type of Christ, who is our rest, rather than the day. See Hosea 2: 11; Romans 14:5,6; Colossians 2:16, 17.
Against Wearing Gold for Ornament
... Ornaments of precious stones and metals are evidences of a prideful heart and are unbecoming to a child of God. Except the engagement and or wedding ring, or watches. See 1 Corinthians 3: 16, 17; 1 John 2: 15-17; Ezekiel 14:3-8; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Timothy 2:9; 1 Peter 3:3,4 0-
Against Belonging to Lodges
'" The Bible is opposed to the people of God being unequally yoked together with unbelievers; it is opposed to deeds done in secret. Many secret societies require the taking of an oath, which is expressly forbidden in Scriptures. Read Matthew 5:34; John 18:20; 2 Corinthians 6:14-17; James 5:12.

Against Swearing
... The taking of an oath is a vain thing and condemned by the Scriptures. An affirmation to the truth of anything is sufficient. Read Matthew 5:34-37; James 5: 12.

Jan 8, 2009
The only thing I'd strongly disagree with is the matter of tithing. If you do some research into the history of tithing in the church, you might reach a different conclusion.

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Jesus doesn't live up to your standard of holiness.

I didn't read your references but why are gold watches ok?

Apr 13, 2007
The only thing I'd strongly disagree with is the matter of tithing. If you do some research into the history of tithing in the church, you might reach a different conclusion.

I agree with Southern, the Bible says to give a tenth of what we have. What we give other than that, is a decision we make, a ''gift'' we offer. I heard a true story many times, this man was giving God ten percent of his money but couldn't hardly get by....then he was praying and decided he would give God 90% and keep only 10% for himself. Believe it or not, that man was blessed so much he has had his own business for many, many years. He has more money by doing things that way. By the way, Southern does know what he's talking about, he has done more research, study, etc. than anyone I know. Just my thoughts, but hey, I respect your opinion and all anyways. God bless.

Apr 13, 2007
Jesus doesn't live up to your standard of holiness.

I didn't read your references but why are gold watches ok?
Gold watches, rings, whatever is okay so long as it's not for being ''flashy''. If it's simply something to compliment an outfit or something, and you're now being showy and flaunting or bragging about things it's okay. Also, it goes back to Exodus when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt. When Moses when up Mount Sinai and the Lord gave him the ten commandments, the Israelites were getting impatient. They ended up saying they should start praying to false gods and things. So they did, and in doing so, they took all the gold and things they had, melted them down, and formed idols, then bowed down, prayed to, and worshiped the false gods and the idols they had made. Interesting read really. Anyhow, that's why in some cases it's okay and some cases it's not. God bless you.

Apr 13, 2007
Jesus ive way above any standard of holinesss man could come up with.

Amen to that! He sure did, He was the Holy one, only sinless human on earth. He was one with the Father, and no one can compare to the life Christ lived! I'm with you on this one brother, God bless! :)

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Jesus ive way above any standard of holinesss man could come up with.
I was making a point about righteous judgement. Excluding absolutely any use of alcohol, Jesus was called a gutton and winebibber.

I'm not saying in any way that anyone has to drink but what is of the flesh is flesh and what is of the spirit is spirit.

According to the pharisee's standards, Jesus wasn't holy to them because of their man made rules. He was called the friend of tax collectors and sinners. I believe their are some churches that wouldn't allow Jesus in their church today(ofcourse not knowing who He was).

Sep 2, 2009
I was making a point about righteous judgement. Excluding absolutely any use of alcohol, Jesus was called a gutton and winebibber.

I'm not saying in any way that anyone has to drink but what is of the flesh is flesh and what is of the spirit is spirit.

According to the pharisee's standards, Jesus wasn't holy to them because of their man made rules. He was called the friend of tax collectors and sinners. I believe their are some churches that wouldn't allow Jesus in their church today(ofcourse not knowing who He was).
gotta agree with the dino. and that last one about not swearing oaths? so every time someone swears to tell the truth in court, its a sin huh?

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
gotta agree with the dino. and that last one about not swearing oaths? so every time someone swears to tell the truth in court, its a sin huh?
Hmm, if Semizas is agreeing with me maybe I need to reconsider my stand considering his lol.

But about swearing, from what I have read it would be a sin to swear in court.

Sep 2, 2009
Hmm, if Semizas is agreeing with me maybe I need to reconsider my stand considering his lol.

hey now:) i was trying to be good.

Apr 13, 2007
Both of you take the swearing thing out of context. That's saying swearing as in taking an oath for something evil, like a cult or something. As well as using vulgar launguage. Swearin to tell the truth in court, is different. It's not something that's evil, it's a means of being honest, and helps bring justice to victums and defend the innocent. Look at things in the proper context, and it makes so much more sense. Just saying and clearing that up, God bless all.

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Both of you take the swearing thing out of context. That's saying swearing as in taking an oath for something evil, like a cult or something. As well as using vulgar launguage. Swearin to tell the truth in court, is different. It's not something that's evil, it's a means of being honest, and helps bring justice to victums and defend the innocent. Look at things in the proper context, and it makes so much more sense. Just saying and clearing that up, God bless all.
Matthew 5 33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

this is the scripture, says not at all.

Jan 8, 2009
M.Henry says:

There is no reason to consider that solemn oaths in a court of justice, or on other proper occasions, are wrong, provided they are taken with due reverence. But all oaths taken without necessity, or in common conversation, must be sinful, as well as all those expressions which are appeals to God, though persons think thereby to evade the guilt of swearing. The worse men are, the less they are bound by oaths; the better they are, the less there is need for them. Our Lord does not enjoin the precise terms wherein we are to affirm or deny, but such a constant regard to truth as would render oaths unnecessary.

Apr 23, 2009

hahaha that is hilarious.

Apr 23, 2009
Matthew 5 33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

this is the scripture, says not at all.
Dino is right we are not suppose to swear at all period, let our yes be yes and no be no.

Apr 13, 2007
Dino is right we are not suppose to swear at all period, let our yes be yes and no be no.

Well y'all have your opinions and that's fine. In court though, you got the option to swear or to declare. People get a choice, they don't have to swear.

Jan 8, 2009
I guess that rules out saying, cross my heart hope to die, stick a king james bible through my eye, etc

Apr 13, 2007
lol....I thought it was cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye...well that's what they say here

Jan 8, 2009
hah that's right, I forgot so just thought of something I wouldnt like stuck through my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.