Bible Reading

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I will be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
You doing it aswell QT? its a good reading plan.

Phil

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Heres some more notes on Jobs situation and his friends attitudes.
Job’s friends where well meaning they meant to see the end of Job’s suffering yet they added to it. Here is a guy who is in mental anguish and great physical pain and discomfort. Jobs Faith never waivers he knows he has done no wrong, yet his (well meaning ) friends can’t see this.
Their view of pain and suffering is as the consequence of sin, and although this may be true in some cases, we can see that in this case it certainly is not. By chapter 15 this turns into a dispute ,
The best way to help hurting people is to listen your heart and not just your ears. We should let them know we understand and sympathize, we understand their pain. Don’t argue with logical reason,., be kind and patient even in bitter words, build bridges not walls.
I like how wiersbe put it:
“there is true consolation in Faith, but it is not dispensed in convenient doses as cough medicine. It can be shared only by those who know what it’s like to be so far down in the pit that they feel as though God has abandoned them. If you want to be a true comforter, there is a price to pay; and not everybody is willing to pay it. Paul wrote about this in 2 Corinthians 1:3-11”.

“God does not comfort us to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters. God’s comfort is never given it is always loaned. God expects us to share it with others.” John Jowett.

So another question arises out of this, that to comfort others we need to under stand suffering, those who suffer understand more, so can can be of great help one suffering . Just ask Jesus??? Another point I see is that this flies in the face of the Health and wealth (prosperity) teaching.
The point that I keep seeing is that throughout all this agonising pain and suffering and his friends adding to his grief, Job remains a man full of integrity!
This brings me to nearly the end of the book of Job where God is Addressing Job directly and God has rebuked jobs friends.

Phil

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Yeah, it's always easy to tell people what they ought to do, but it's another thing to actually sympathize with them. I am very guilty in this particular matter.

Quest

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Yeah, it's always easy to tell people what they ought to do, but it's another thing to actually sympathize with them. I am very guilty in this particular matter.

Quest

your not the only one Quest Ive been convicted like amd over the last few days reading Job.. and how his friends act around him.

Phil

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
I absolutely love the story of Joseph in chapter 39. God should be able to use us wherever we are and work, to bring the same blessing upon our employers that Joseph brought.

Quest

H

HumbleSaint

I started reading through the Bible a couple months ago. I been reading more of the New Testament because it is so powerful, the gift of Salvation.