Bible Study Luke 11:5-13

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2009
Today's passage comes from Luke 11:5-13

5 And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; 7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’? 8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

I can only imagine what it must have been like to be one of the apostles or a bystander, hearing such wonderful and glorious promises. After all those years under the same mosaic law, waiting for the promise of the annointed one to come, here is a man healing the sick, raising the dead, performing all manners of wonder, and then promising all the things to come for those who love God. All Glory, Praise, and Honor be to the most Holy Spirit Now, Always, and Forever. How very blessed we are. And we have such a loving Father, Master of the universe, that cares for us, knowing what we need, all we need to do is ask like a child.

May we never forget how very much our Father loves us. Amen.

Sep 27, 2009
What also was remarkable about Jesus, not to mention that he died for us on a cross, was his teachings. He always spoke the truth, and you never forget what he said:

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Matthew 24:35 (RSV)

Status
Not open for further replies.