Bible Study Matthew 18:1-10

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2009
Today's passage comes from Matthew 18:1-10

*1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
8 “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
10 “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

This passage is filled with so many important concepts. I always thought humilty should be one of the primary characteristics of a true Christian; and this humility along with the innocence of a child can lead us to a true Christian life. The second point, which is related to the previous, is how much Jesus loves the children of the world. Indeed, there is much we can learn from the innocence of a child. I remember as a child, we would sing songs at Sunday School about how much Jesus loves each and every child of the world. I never forgot that love, and that relationship I had with him as a child. Even at that young age, I felt Jesus knew and loved me specially. Up to this day as a young adult, I often have the feeling that I come before the Lord as a child. The next important point our Lord makes is the gravity of sin. May God give us all the strength to persevere that we may be made worthy to stand at his right hand on the last day. The final verse is a very comforting one, perhaps one that helps us persevere, as he mentions guardian angels. There have been so many times in my life that I felt a guardian angel protected me from unfortunate events.

May the Holy Angels of God continually comfort and guide us to persevere in the ways of our loving Savior. Amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The more years that pass and as I grow older. I have come to see that the only true way to Jesus , total faith in all that he asks, is to be like a child. I may be growing older in my years here in the world, but in age in faith Im getting closer to that perfect child in spirit. If any question if this is truelly the way, I would say, praise Our Lord Jesus! Yes ! It is in the total faith, hope and love with the trust of a childs heart that you will truelly see his love and know him. God bless, pickles

Sep 19, 2009
The more years that pass and as I grow older. I have come to see that the only true way to Jesus , total faith in all that he asks, is to be like a child. I may be growing older in my years here in the world, but in age in faith Im getting closer to that perfect child in spirit. If any question if this is truelly the way, I would say, praise Our Lord Jesus! Yes ! It is in the total faith, hope and love with the trust of a childs heart that you will truelly see his love and know him. God bless, pickles
That is very wise pickles :)

May 21, 2009
Thank you I love bible study

T

Twilight

Diddo to what the others said! This is the kind of uplifting and beneficial Bible study we need. I have thought about this Scripture in the past and often kindof wondered, "How do you get to that place of simplicity and trust?" I truly need to become more like a child. I can often analyze things too much and feel the need to have it all figured out in order to really "trust" God. I think maybe being a child has to do with freedom from deep rooted fears, or maybe it is just such a complete trust in the parent that fears have no place to land. I pray that we all grow in deeper trust in our loving heavenly Father! Lord, make me like that child!!!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Diddo to what the others said! This is the kind of uplifting and beneficial Bible study we need. I have thought about this Scripture in the past and often kindof wondered, "How do you get to that place of simplicity and trust?" I truly need to become more like a child. I can often analyze things too much and feel the need to have it all figured out in order to really "trust" God. I think maybe being a child has to do with freedom from deep rooted fears, or maybe it is just such a complete trust in the parent that fears have no place to land. I pray that we all grow in deeper trust in our loving heavenly Father! Lord, make me like that child!!!
I understand so well about thinking to much. I did thid and stll do time to time. Jesus helped me to see that just as we accepted him in faith we need to do so in all things . Even when it makes no sence or when others or the world make you worry. I see in days ahead that so much confusion will be opon not only the world but within the christian community . That it will be faith that carrries you. In those days all things will cease, or be taken from us. Even truth will be questioned. By absolute faith , hope and love. We that love Our Lord Jesus, will last the test.
I have fought the hard battle and kept the faith. Good words to remember.
God bless, pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.