Biblical Significance of Upcoming Solar Eclipse To 8 Christian Leaders

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Only after the Tribulation’s 2½ years have passed will the second event—the
“heavenly signs” occur. The Tribulation is the fifth seal, and the signs are the sixth.

This time order is made particularly clear in Matthew 24:29: “Immediately after
the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened ….”

Things to come

the Great Tribulation. Second, immediately after the Tribulation,
the heavenly signs in the sun and moon and stars. Third, following
the supernatural signs in the heavens, the terrible Day of the Lord!”

these three “world-shaking” events will last 3½ years—not seven. This duration
is explained in the Revelation 12:14 mention of “a time, and times, and half a time.”
Exchanging the word year for the word time in this passage makes the overall duration clear.

Isaiah 34:8 allows calculation of the lengths of the individual sections within this 3½-year
-long time block. This scripture shows that the Day of the Lord lasts one year long.

The heavenly signs do not occupy a separate time block, at least not one of significant duration.
Subtracting that one year from the total 3½ years leaves 2½ years for the Great Tribulation.

The Great American Solar Eclipse of August 21—A Fulfillment of Bible Prophecy?
https://www.thetrumpet.com/16097-th...-of-august-21-a-fulfillment-of-bible-prophecy

“Thus saith the Lord,” the Prophet Jeremiah wrote, “Learn not the way of the heathen,
and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.”

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2015
I think there will be a HUGE Biblical significance to this eclipse. From about 1:30 to 3:00 Monday afternoon, it will be tougher to read the words on the pages of your Bible without turning on a light.

Aug 2, 2009
Alright then, I guess those 8 christian leaders simply don't know what the hey their talking about...

Feb 12, 2017
I think there will be a HUGE Biblical significance to this eclipse. From about 1:30 to 3:00 Monday afternoon, it will be tougher to read the words on the pages of your Bible without turning on a light.
Good One! It is sad that people try to find such significance in weather or normal orbital patterns or man's history. We must remember what is really all about: HIS(s)tory!

Feb 12, 2017
Alright then, I guess those 8 christian leaders simply don't know what the hey their talking about...
What did John the Baptist and Jesus say about the well educated Biblical Scholars of that day and age? Something like scribes, Pharisees, hypocrites, brood of vipers etc. It is important to base our beliefs on God's Word, alone and in it's entirety. Not on what men say, especially those who are the scholars.

Aug 2, 2009
Oops.. I should've typed "they're", not "their"..

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Quote: Many believe it (ref: Solar Eclipse) is a prophetic sign that we are living in the end times and that Christ’s return is imminent.

All you have to do is look at the timeline of Scripture to know we are in the end times. This Eclipse has no more mystical imageries than that of The Holy Spirit and Scripture which lives inside of me. Of course we are in the end days! Of course Christ's return is imminent! Yet, again, He says we will not know the moment when exactly....so we can all chill and enjoy the awe of this event without worry, inasmuch as we are in Christ! :rolleyes:.

America is apart of the world, and YES, the world, and its system, (The kingdom of Satan) is indeed in trouble. In fact, it has already been sentenced to death.

Last edited:

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Didn't they say the exact same thing about the Blood moon's? Or the other supposedly significant events that has happened with in the past few years? If its time its time but I for one wouldn't hold my breath.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Do the multiple eclipses throughout the world each year have Biblical significance too? It's not like this is uncommon, even if you exclude the brighter ones.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
The only one of those guys I've heard of is Hugh Ross, and he's a heretic.
I live where the sun will be 90% eclipsed.
We made some eclipse-viewing boxes.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Wow! We are going to have a lot of Biblical significant events this century.

During the 21st century, there will be 224 solar eclipses of which 77 will be partial, 72 will be annular, 68 will be total and 7 will be hybrids between total and annular eclipses. Of these, two annular and one total eclipse will be non-central,[SUP][1][/SUP] in the sense that the very center (axis) of the moon's shadow will miss the earth (for more information see gamma).[SUP][2][/SUP] In the 21st century the greatest number of eclipses in one year is four, in 2011, 2029, 2047, 2065, 2076, and 2094. The predictions given here are by Fred Espenak of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Wiki's List of 21st-century lunar eclipses

Just giving all you researchers a heads up so you can get everything lined up for the next one.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i think it's gonna get dark, and then it's gonna get light.

then i'll make dinner and it'll get dark again.

:)

SCHISM

Aug 2, 2016
There are many which believe the Revelation 12 sign appears in the heavens 33 days after this eclipse, on September 23, 2017.

It seems like a very compelling argument, but I know nothing of constellations to either confirm or deny that the sign will actually occur as they say.

Allegedly, by September 23rd, Jupiter will have been in the womb of Virgo for 9 months, the moon will be at her feet, and the sun will be just above her left shoulder "clothing her," and three planets will be in alignment within Leo (Leo has 9 prominent stars + 3 planets = 12) which will be a crown above her head.

There is also, Allegedly, something hidden by NASA right between Virgo's legs waiting to devour the birth of Jupiter. You can see on star images, provided by NASA, an area blocked out with a black rectangle.

All very exciting coincidences if they are true, but I'm no astronomer. No worries. Wait and see. Pray to Jesus.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Allegedly, by September 23rd, Jupiter will have been in the womb of Virgo for 9 months, the moon will be at her feet,
and the sun will be just above her left shoulder "clothing her," and three planets will be in alignment within Leo
(Leo has 9 prominent stars + 3 planets = 12) which will be a crown above her head.

There is also, Allegedly, something hidden by NASA right between Virgo's legs waiting to devour the birth of Jupiter.
You can see on star images, provided by NASA, an area blocked out with a black rectangle.

All very exciting coincidences if they are true, but I'm no astronomer. No worries. Wait and see. Pray to Jesus.
the assertion that Virgo is the woman of Revelation 12 is groundless.
For untold centuries, individuals have endeavored to predict the future by reading
their own meaning into Bible scriptures—but with an abysmal track record.

God created the stars and grouped them together into constellations, as seen from Earth
(Job 38:1, 31-33). But it was not God who decided that the configuration of stars between
152.75 and 180 degrees of celestial longitude look like a woman. It wasn’t Him who determined
that the group spanning 120 to 150 degrees of celestial longitude have the appearance of a lion.
And He did not name those groupings Virgo and Leo.

To look at a group of stars and perceive a woman requires both imagination and pareidolia,
a psychological phenomenon in which the mind fills in the blanks to see a familiar pattern
where none actually exists. After removing the man-made lines that connect the dots, the star
cluster commonly called Virgo looks as much like a salamander or a skydiver as it does a woman.

the Greeks acknowledged that their astrological interpretations were based heavily on ancient
Babylonian, or Chaldean, mythology. In the first century b.c., Greek historian Diodorus Siculus
wrote (Diodorus, ii, 30, 6-7):

Under the course in which the planets move are situated, according to them, 30 stars, which they
designate as “counseling gods”; of these, one half oversee the regions above the Earth and the
other half those beneath the Earth, having under their purview the affairs of mankind and likewise
those of the heavens …. Twelve of these gods, they say, hold chief authority, and to each of these
the Chaldeans assign a month and one of the sign of the zodiac, as they are called. And through
the midst of these signs, they say, both the sun and moon and the five planets make their course.

One could not argue that the constellation of Virgo is the travailing woman of Revelation 12:1-5
without first proving that God had inspired the ancient Babylonians and/or Greeks to practice
astrology, and to perceive a woman in that cluster of stars. That is not provable, and contrary
to several biblical passages regarding astrology.

For example, speaking through Moses in Deuteronomy 4:19, God forbids serving and worshiping
the heavenly bodies. In chapter 18:10-14, He forbids divination, fortune telling and interpreting omens—
all of which were often done by reading meaning into the constellations.

Isaiah 47:13-14 say individuals seeking to tell the future by reading the cosmos are ineffectual:
“Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly
prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall
be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame ….”

The Prophet Daniel encountered astrologers in King Nebuchadnezzar’s court, and found them to be useless: “Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof” (Daniel 4:7).

Last edited:

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Abraham lived in Ur of the Chaldees, a city in Babylon at the heart of
the civilized world. Archeological evidence reveals that the Babylonians
They knew the cause of the eclipses, and … could predict them. …

They had correct views of the structure of the solar system, and knew the
order of emplacement of the planets”

(John William Draper, History of the Conflict Between Religion and Science).

Other history books corroborate that when the Greeks conquered Babylon,
they discovered advanced astronomical observations and even a map
representing the world as round, with Babylon near the center.

Babylonian priests knew where the sun, moon and planets were positioned,
recognized their orbits and calculated where they would appear at any
given time in the future.

The world traces its astronomical knowledge to Babylon.
Babylon traces it back to [Abraham], the servant of God.

Ancient records reveal that Abraham used mathematics and astronomy to discredit
the pagan priesthood of his time, and to prove the existence of the one true God.

Scientist, Astronomer, Mathematician—and Father of Nations
https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/...stronomer-mathematician-and-father-of-nations

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015