Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stillearning

Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord
What would it take to convience you that Jesus is coming in our generation? How many scriptures would it take to convience you that Jesus comes AFTER the tribulation? What would it take to convience you that Jesus coming is not a secret or hidden event?

As prophecies unfold we have many christians still not believing that Jesus is coming in our life time and after the tribulation. Jesus is a man of His Word! He wants us to know the signs and times. Why? So that we can be prepared, ready, waiting, and watching for the glorious event of Jesus' coming.
Many do not want to suffer and die for Christ's sake. Many do not want to know the truth. Many are afraid to go through any pesecutions, trials, or tribulation.

I ask you what did Jesus withhold from you? Nothing! Jesus gave up all for us. Jesus left His throne of glory. His heavenly of heavenlies to come to earth as a servant in human form. There was not one thing that Jesus withheld from us.

Jesus gave up everything and every drop of His blood was shed for us. Jesus did not hold anything back from us. This also includes His Word. Jesus wants us to know the signs and the times. Jesus wants us to have His Word in good ground where we understand it and bring forth fruits. These fruits are other souls into His Kingdom.

What kind of God would Jesus be if He knew something terrible was coming to His people and did not warn them?

If right now where you sit, I knew a tornado was coming toward your house and did not tell you, would you think I loved you? Jesus warned us of what is coming before His coming.

This warning is called Great Tribulation.
Jesus told us in Matthew ch. 24, Mark ch. 13, & Luke ch. 21. These warnings (prophecies) are happening right before our eyes. One must have eyes to see them and ears to hear.
Jesus did not hide the prophecies from His children. He gave us many signs to warn us and to prepare us for what is ahead.

Jesus Warnings....

Matthew 24:4-31

Take heed that no man deceive you (Matt. 24:4)

Many shall come in My name saying "I am Christ" (Matt. 24:5)

Wars and rumours of Wars... The END is NOT Yet (Matt. 24:5)

Nation shal rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, famines, pestilences, and earthquakes (Matt. 24:7)

These are the begining of sorrows They shall deliver you up, kill you, and hate you for Jesus' Name sake.Many shall be offended, betray and hate one another (Matt. 24:10)
Many false prophets shall arise and deceive many {Matt. 24:11)
Iniquity shall abound and love of many shall wax (grow) cold (Matt. 24:12)
He that endureth until the end, the same shall be saved (Matt. 24:13)
Gospel of the kingdom preached in all the world..and then shall the end come (Matt. 24:14)
Those in Judaea flle into the mountains (Matt. 24:16)
Matt. 24:17- 20
Elect's sake those days are shortened
[ Jews are God's Elect. Those days are Great Tribulation (Wrath of Satan/Rev. 12:12) and they are shortened because Jesus shows up after the 3 1/2 yr. Great Tribulation (Wrath of Satan/Rev. 12:12)
Matt. 24:19-26
Matt. 24;27-31
Jesus also said this in Mark ch. 13 and Luke ch. 21
Peace and Safety:
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
War with the saints:
Great Tribulation:
Wrath of Satan (Rev. 12:12)
144,000 receive a seal in their foreheads...NUMBERED
Great Multitude No man could NUMBER (Rev. 7:9-17)
[144,000 =Jews and Great Multitude = Saints]
These are they that COME OUT of GREAT TRIBULATION (Rev. 7:14)
Ye shall have Tribulation (John 16:33)
Jesus prayed:
Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
False teachings of a "Rapture" to save their lives:
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Luk 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luk 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord:
Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are]the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
Dead in Christ rise first:
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Two Witnesses are Dead in Christ:
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
Christ's coming No Secret:
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Christ comes at the Last Trump:
1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
God's Wrath is the 7 Vials:
(Rev. 15:1, 6,7 and Rev. 16:1)
Blessed:
Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them

G

Graybeard

False teachings of a "Rapture" to save their lives:

Dead in Christ rise first:
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Christ comes at the Last Trump:
1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
God's Wrath is the 7 Vials:
I do not understand what you mean by "False teachings of a Rapture"..the verses above that you posted is "The Rapture"
How can it be to "save their lives"...it is Jesus Himself who calls us up, the scripture is very clear about it.

S

stillearning

I do not understand what you mean by "False teachings of a Rapture"..the verses above that you posted is "The Rapture"
How can it be to "save their lives"...it is Jesus Himself who calls us up, the scripture is very clear about it.
The purpose of being caught up is
( To welcome the Lord to earth )

1 Thessalonians 4: 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (This is the first resurrection described by Jesus in revelation) 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet (or welcome) the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (We Welcome Jesus to earth after the 1st resurrection [Post trib] the dead in Christ rise first).
Vine, W. E. 1996. Vine's complete expository dictionary of Old and New Testament words. Meet apantesis (529), “a meeting” (akin to A, No. 1), occurs in Matt. 25:6 (in some mss. in v. 1, and in 27:32, in some mss.); Acts 28:15; 1 Thess. 4:17. It is used in the papyri of a newly arriving magistrate. “It seems that the special idea of the word was the official welcome of a newly arrived dignitary” (Moulton, Greek Test. Gram. Vol. 1, p. 14)
It has been represented by the rapture teachers as the Lord welcoming us to heaven but in truth we are welcoming Him to earth to help set up His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
“Concerning the future, the Lord taught His disciples to pray, “Thy Kingdom come,” Matt. 6:10, (KJV)10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

G

Graybeard

huh?...so the dead in Christ rise first, then we who are alive rise and "welcome" The Lord in the air..then what?..after welcoming Him do we then come back down on earth?..what time span is all this?

S

stillearning

huh?...so the dead in Christ rise first, then we who are alive rise and "welcome" The Lord in the air..then what?..after welcoming Him do we then come back down on earth?..what time span is all this?
1Cr 15:50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.
1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

G

Graybeard

those scriptures have nada to do with my question to you

S

stillearning

Seventh Trumpet: The Kingdom is proclaimed. Second coming. Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Apr 23, 2009
The teaching of the pretrib rapture is false the event in the verses stillearning gave are post trib, at the 2nd coming of Christ.

Apr 23, 2009
This event ends the Tribulation, and starts the Millennium.

G

Graybeard

what I don't understand is the phrase "False teachings of a Rapture"
many believe in "The Rapture", it is just a word used to describe the event that stillearning mentioned. some believe it happens pr-tri, others mid-trib and still others post-trib...get it?
stillearning posts a thread, gets asked a question, and his response does not answer directly instead he justs shouts all the time..sheesh!

Apr 23, 2009
what I don't understand is the phrase "False teachings of a Rapture"
many believe in "The Rapture", it is just a word used to describe the event that stillearning mentioned. some believe it happens pr-tri, others mid-trib and still others post-trib...get it?
stillearning posts a thread, gets asked a question, and his response does not answer directly instead he justs shouts all the time..sheesh!
I explain it to you. Stillearning believes in the catching away of the living saints, and the tranformation of them into immortal bodies, and yes people refer to that as the rapture. The thing is when people refer to the teaching of the rapture is normally is referring to the pretrib rapture and that is what stillearning believes to be false, and rightfully so.

S

stillearning

I try to answer with the Word of God as best to my ability that God gives me. I believe I answerd the questions ty and God bless

W

wwjd_kilden

it doesn't matter if He comes today, tomorrow or in the next milennia! We will NOT know the hour He comes (he will come like a thief in the night...) so, we are supposed to be ready. ALWAYS. now, tomorrow, for as long as we live. I don't care when He comes, what's important is that I stay with Him, continue praying and tell those around me that Jesus is the way to God, none and nothing else. If I manage those things, He can come any time He likes for my sake :p

Apr 23, 2009
it doesn't matter if He comes today, tomorrow or in the next milennia! We will NOT know the hour He comes (he will come like a thief in the night...) so, we are supposed to be ready. ALWAYS. now, tomorrow, for as long as we live. I don't care when He comes, what's important is that I stay with Him, continue praying and tell those around me that Jesus is the way to God, none and nothing else. If I manage those things, He can come any time He likes for my sake :p
Seems like you just do not grasp the imprtance of this subject. God has given us His word so that we can understand things such as this. His words declares to us the the Holy Spirit will guide us into ALL truths, and that it is God's will that we all be saved and come to the knowledge of the TRUTH. We should not brush off certain subjects as if they do not matter, because they do matter to God therefore they should matter to us.

G

Graybeard

the statement you make that it doesn't matter to you when Christ returns portrays that you do not really love Him because if you did you would be like a child who can't wait for his dad to come home(just my opinion)
" He will come like a thief in the night..." is directed at the unbeliever

1Th 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
That is the key to it all. There is to much time spent on debating, arguing on what the times will be when Jesus comes. Some thigs are a we will neve know for surem so these post should stop because it is the same every time you read itand the same ppl reply to the same one who posts it. The main thing as said is to BE READY. That is the fact that is bein missed

Apr 23, 2009
" He will come like a thief in the night..." is directed at the unbeliever

1Th 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
This is right on point. I do not know why most people do not gert this? Believers will not be shocked, surprised or overcome by the return of the Lord, only unbelievers will be taken off guard.

Good point Graybeard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.