Blessed To Spiritually Die

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lalilo

Revelations 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours: and their works do follow them.

I interpert this as once our works are complete our spirit departs and we get to rest and our achievements are like a coat of arms which we carry.

May 16, 2010
Revelations 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours: and their works do follow them.

I interpert this as once our works are complete our spirit departs and we get to rest and our achievements are like a coat of arms which we carry.
Hi Lalilo; from my studies, you certainly have the right jist of it. Another way you could put it is; That this is clearly the hour of temptation, and those who remain in the feild doing The Fathers Will at that time, which is nothing more than a guenuine act of caring for ALL others for 10 days, will receive their salvation :cool:

The rest of the world will be frantically getting ready to attend The Devils Party ( the great apostacy) sounds super easy huh? Well we have already been warned, that anti-christ (instead of christ 666) will be so good at deception, that if it were possible would even deceive Gods set aside ones (elect). Good Luck to ALL.

Love and Peace Forever in CHRIST!!! :)

C

Crazy4GODword

I think what that means by die in the Lord is all those who died for the Lord. In or in as the body died like died for GOD because of their faith like martyrs

I hope this helped GOD bless

C

cows_chewing_grass

I think this sounds very similar to another verse in the revelation which says Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

It's basically the same as what Jesus went through, laying down his life to further the kingdom of Heaven. We can all have that same glory by laying down our lives despite the inconvenience or sacrifice involved.

How many of us are willing to lay our lives down for God? What if it means forsaking all you own? Quitting your job? Forsaking (a rebellious) family? These are all teachings that Jesus taught in the gospels, leave alone the Revelation.

All for the purpose of getting out there and preaching the gospel in whatever way you can. That's hard to do while we are busy working in system jobs. "witnessing on the job" isn't what Jesus preached or practised.

"They loved not their lives even unto death". That is the formula given for defeating the beast, whether in the revelation or now. You can't say you are ready to die for God if you can't even let go of material possessions or a job to serve him full time.

If you are worried about paying bills and all that stuff, check out Matthew 6:24-34. If you still have doubts after that let me know and I can give you some practical examples as to how it works.