Book of Daniel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 14, 2011
I just thought I'd post some of my favorite verses from the Book of Daniel. Notice that Daniel didn't try to understand or comprehend things himself, he and his friends prayed for guidance. Also note what Daniel did after God revealed His wisdom. He Blesed the God of Heaven. I think we should all remember and follow Daniel's example and BLESS God whenever He reveals His knowledge and wisdom to us and pertaining to our lives :) Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Daniel 2:16-23 (New King James Version)

16 So Daniel went in and asked the king to give him time, that he might tell the king the interpretation. 17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the decision known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions, 18 that they might seek mercies from the God of heaven concerning this secret, so that Daniel and his companions might not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 19 Then the secret was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. So Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
20 Daniel answered and said:

“ Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
For wisdom and might are His.
21 And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.
22 He reveals deep and secret things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And light dwells with Him.
23 “ I thank You and praise You,
O God of my fathers;
You have given me wisdom and might,
And have now made known to me what we asked of You,
For You have made known to us the king’s demand.”
daniel 7;7.8 the dreadful beast having 10 horns(kings) and the little horn with a mouth and eyes. speaking great things.
verse 9.I beheld till the thrones WERE CAST DOWN and the ANCIENT OF DAYS DID SIT--- ( Gods kingdom set up) (beast destroyed first)

verse11. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake(the little horn) I beheld even till THE BEAST WAS SLAIN AND HIS BODY DESTROYED, AND GIVEN TO THE BURNING FLAME (lake of fire)
This only means that this is the last beast, last kingdom of men on earth.

This corresponds with daniel 2:41-44 . verse 44. And in the days of these kings (10 toes) shall the GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM(1000YR REIGN)
This only means that the ten toes will be the last kingdom of men on earth

REV.17:3. the scarlet coloured beast full of names of blasphemy having 7heads and 10 horns; verse 8. the beast that thou sawest was and is not ,and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit(satans idea) AND GO INTO PERDITION.(destroyed)

rev19:20. and the beast was taken, and with him THE FALSE PROPHET(little horn) that wrought miracles before him,and which deceive them that hath received the mark of the beast and them that worshippedhis image. these both were CAST ALIVE INTO A LAKE OF FIRE BURNING WITH BRIMSTONE.( last kingdom of men destroyed.)

summing up: the 10 toes kingdom=the dreadful beast=beast that came out of bottomless pit=rev13.the wounded beast with the 10 horns=rev19:20beast and false prophet cast in lake of fire.
''wakeup''.

A

approaching_armageddon

A lot of the architecture in the DC area is Greek Revival and not Roman. Another good percentage of the buildings are late Victorian / Gothic era architecture.

Kali Anastasi!
I didn't say that the architecture in DC was exclusively Roman. So what you said is perfectly compatible with what I said. That I know of, no one disputes that some important gov't architecture in DC is inspired by Roman Architecture.

--Dan

Jul 30, 2010
daniel 7;7.8 the dreadful beast having 10 horns(kings) and the little horn with a mouth and eyes. speaking great things.verse 9.I beheld till the thrones WERE CAST DOWN and the ANCIENT OF DAYS DID SIT--- ( Gods kingdom set up) (beast destroyed first)

verse11. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake(the little horn) I beheld even till THE BEAST WAS SLAIN AND HIS BODY DESTROYED, AND GIVEN TO THE BURNING FLAME (lake of fire)
This only means that this is the last beast, last kingdom of men on earth.

This corresponds with daniel 2:41-44 . verse 44. And in the days of these kings (10 toes) shall the GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM(1000YR REIGN)
This only means that the ten toes will be the last kingdom of men on earth

REV.17:3. the scarlet coloured beast full of names of blasphemy having 7heads and 10 horns; verse 8. the beast that thou sawest was and is not ,and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit(satans idea) AND GO INTO PERDITION.(destroyed)

rev19:20. and the beast was taken, and with him THE FALSE PROPHET(little horn) that wrought miracles before him,and which deceive them that hath received the mark of the beast and them that worshippedhis image. these both were CAST ALIVE INTO A LAKE OF FIRE BURNING WITH BRIMSTONE.( last kingdom of men destroyed.)

summing up: the 10 toes kingdom=the dreadful beast=beast that came out of bottomless pit=rev13.the wounded beast with the 10 horns=rev19:20beast and false prophet cast in lake of fire.
''wakeup''.
You just couldn't help yourself could you! LOL. She's not up to that bit yet! But good scriptures for those that are!

A

AnandaHya

lol I was just posting for those who wanted to read Daniel for daily application and not just prophecy of end time events :)

For example why do we not call Daniel's friends by their Hebrew names which gives honor to GOD instead of their pagan names that give honor to pagan gods of Babylon?

Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah

-ah and -el give honor to GOD

but most people know the three friends as:

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego

and I think it would be good to note the appearance of Jesus in the burning furnace in Daniel 3

25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”

A

AnandaHya

Daniel 5
“And this is the inscription that was written:

MENE,[d] MENE, TEKEL,[e] UPHARSIN.[f]

26 This is the interpretation of each word. MENE: God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it; 27 TEKEK: You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting; 28 PERES: Your kingdom has been divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.”[g]

Revelation 6:5-6 (New King James Version)

5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart[a] of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”

F

fatoldladyinpjs

Hi, all. I'm new to this forum. Wanted to give some input on Daniel. I did a study comparing Scripture with secular history. 2 Kings 24:14,16 says that artisans and noblemen were carried off to Babylon. I wondered why. Babylon's policy was to carry the citizens of conquered people off to Babylon rather than leave them in their homeland. There were various people and cultures all over Babylon. Daniel and his friends conducted government business, serving as interpreters. Daniel lived to be an old man and served four kings. Why the artisans? This was at the start of King Nebuchudnezzar's reign. The Assyrians had previously ruled Babylon. The native Chaldeans rose up and took over in a bloodless coup. The Assyrians trashed Babylon. Nebuchudnezzar began a 70 year rebuilding campaign (the period of the Israelite captivity), which is why he needed the artisans. The city of Babylon became the architectural marvel of the world. People came from all over to see it. It was during this time that the Hanging Gardens, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, was built.

A

AnandaHya

thanks FOLPjs for history and culture lesson. lol are you really in PJs? :)