bride without spot, wrinkle or blemish

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Ephesians 5:27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault
Because God wants a bride without spot, wrinkle or blemish I thought I would look up what those mean in the Bible.

Spot
Jude 1:11-12
11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.12 These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about[a] by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots;
Cain - Genesis
Cain – He wanted to come to GOD his own way not through the Blood. He is like people who want to worship God in their own way not how GOD has laid out in his word and then wonder why they are not blessed.. When Cain could see his brother was blessed because he came the right way he did not change his ways but became jealous of the one in right standing. He did not fear GOD but then even murdered his brother. Cain was crafty and planed this murder by getting his brother to go out in the field with him.
Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.
Proverbs 29:10 Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright
Genesis 4:8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field." And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
Balaam Numbers 22:1 - 24:25
Balaam a man who knew GOD and his ways but turned on him for the riches of the world. He sold GOD’s people for money.
2 Pet 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
Revelation 2:14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality
Balaam gave Teachings to others on how to corrupt GOD’s people and take their wealth.
Korah Numbers 16
Korah Rejected The God's Authority
Korah was from the tribe of Levi so he already had great authority but he was greedy for more. We need to be happy with what GOD has given us because he has gifted each according to his ability.
Matthew 25:15 To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
If you do not agree with the leader of a church then find another church.

Wrinkle
Wrinkles =shriveled ,snatched away
We are snatched away from the blessings of God when we miss the mark and walk in iniquity and rebellion. We will be restored if we repent turn to God learn his ways and walk in them. If We do not return GOD will send leanness into our souls ( Shrivel our souls ) to get us to return. The burning fire that the LORD GOD sends can take many different forms. Then the person will either return to the Lord or be consumed
Psalm 106:15 And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul
Isaiah 10:16 Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire

blemish
Leviticus 21:16-24
16 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach:

a blind man = can not see how God is working in him and the world, see the signs of the times.Matthew 16:3

or a lame = He is not walking in the ways of the LORD. Colossians 1:10

or he that hath a flat nose, does not have discernment 2 Corinthians 2:16

or deformed limb = actions not in line with Gods word. James 2:14-26

19 Or a man that is brokenfooted,

or broken handed,

20 Or crookback = does not stand in the power of GOD’s word.Ephesians 6:12-13

or a dwarf, does not grow in the word and deed 2 Corinthians 10:15 - Colossians 2:7

or that hath a blemish in his eye, Do not judge Matthew 7:5

or be eczema or scabbed, Skin disease = iniquity not repented of Leviticus 13:40-50

crushed testicles. = Is not able to raise up Children for the LORD. Proverbs 11:30

21 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.
22 He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.
23 Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.
24 And Moses told it unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel.

Jul 12, 2012
Without spot, wrinkle or blemish.
Don't forget old ladies and old men, lotion and hair implants only go so far.
But God will roll back "time" in the spirit and the flesh, and freeze it in place.
Virginity especially, among all other things, can and will be restored.

K

kenisyes

I have always assumed that the bride must be freed of spots and wrinkles before Jesus returns for us (comonly called the Second Coming). Wolfinoxhide, your posts makes me think that maybe I have this wrong, and the freeing will happen after we are resurrected. What do you think?

O

onoma

That He might present it to Himself a glorious CHURCH, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Is this not the CHURCH ( ekklesia ) that Jesus said he would build.?

Matt. 16:18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My CHURCH; and the gates of hell ( hades ) shall not prevail against it.

Jul 12, 2012
I have always assumed that the bride must be freed of spots and wrinkles before Jesus returns for us (comonly called the Second Coming). Wolfinoxhide, your posts makes me think that maybe I have this wrong, and the freeing will happen after we are resurrected. What do you think?
While we are hopefully in a process that ends in the virgin condition we are talking about, I think it's complete before or at the moment He returns. As the post above stated: It's a building process, and building things take time before complete. "present to Himself"
Think "presentation" in the sense of what is being experienced more so than the physical act of presentation?
And whatever "level" we are at in our walk, the very moment that we see Him, somethings gonna happen in our heart at that moment that has never happened before. BOOM! "reality".
So, in an instant, we will be "changed" in who knows what ways.

To answer clearly though... I guess I don't really know.
When I spoke of things being restored, I was mostly thinking of the later completed condition in paradise as a whole, more than when the moment actually occurs.

K

kenisyes

If it is to be even mostly accomplished before Jesus returns, I fear we have quite a while to wait. Sadly, I see many spots and wrinkles, and so many who are afraid of the cleansing and the heat to remove them.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
One of the reasons for the great tribulation is to purify the Church. Go through the old Testament and see GOD always was raising up an adversary for his people to bring them back to himself.

1 Corinthians 11:19 No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God's approval.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Malachi 3:3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness

Psalm 66:10 For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver

Proverbs 17:3 The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart

Isaiah 1:25 I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities

Jeremiah 9:7 Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty says: "See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people?

Daniel 11:35 Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.

Daniel 12:10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Zechariah 13:9 This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'

Dec 14, 2009
God is our bridegroom. We are our wives' bridegrooms.

Jesus' laws are the laws for everything.

Something to think about.

K

kenisyes

Shilo, are you saying that the spots and wrinkles will be mostly removed during the great tribulation? I do not see any of your Scriptures that prove that. Almost all of them seem to apply to ongoing times, not time at the end. Even Dan. 12:10 could be interpreted either way.

If you are correct of course, then Jesus must arrive during or after the tribulation. That rules out the "Pre-trib rapture" position, does it not? Greater minds than ours have argued this for centuries, and have never reached a convincing conclusion.

Jul 12, 2012
Getting off topic, I know, sorry, can't resist...
Hey Kenisyes, here's something you might be interested in thinking about, concerning the removal of spots during or at the end of tribulation...

"But unto you that fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall."

"Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

Next, I have replaced "east" with the correct rendering "rising of the sun"

"And the sixth messenger poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the rising of the sun might be prepared"

"Saying to the sixth messenger which had the trumpet, Loose the four messengers which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four messengers were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men."

"...and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions"

(numbers) "When ye blow an alarm, then the camps that lie on the east parts shall go forward."

(6th seal) "And after these things I saw four messengers standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
And I saw another messenger ascending from the rising of the sun..."

"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Euphrates is "fruitful"
East is much more than a country in a direction.
Messengers are much more crafty and powerful than glowing men with halos.
A scroll is rolled up around itself.
Have you ever felt slain?
:)

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Bible verses of the Lord’s return comes after the tribulation and what the people of GOD are going through at the time .

Revelation 1:7
7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

Acts 1:9–12
10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them.
11 They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

Revelation 12:11They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death

Revelation 1213 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place( 2nd Exodus), where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. 16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, ( People who believe in God but hoped for a pretrib rapture so did not go into the wilderness) who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[

Matthew 13:24–30
Tares among Wheat
30 ‘Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”

Matthew 24:12–13
12 “Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. 13 “But the one who endures to the end, he will be
saved.

Mark 13:13
13 “You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

John 6:39
39 “This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day

John 6:40
40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will craise him up on the last day.”

John 17:15
15 “I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one.

Acts 14:22
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, “Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 2:10
10 ‘Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Revelation 2:26

26 ‘He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;
Revelation 14: 9-18
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Matthew 24:29–31
The Return of the KING
29“But immediately after the atribulation of those days bthe sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
30 “And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see bthe Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.
31 “And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His 1elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Mark 13:24–27
24“But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light,
25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken.
26 “Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
27 “And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:51–57
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “ Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;
57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord aHimself will descend from heaven with a 1shout, with the voice of dthe archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord

2 Thessalonians 1:6–10
6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you,
7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire,
8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

Last edited:

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Old Testament verses on God’s people in the tribulation

Proverbs 2:21–22
21 For the upright will live in the land And the blameless will remain in it;
22 But the wicked will be cut off from the land And he treacherous will be uprooted from it.

Proverbs 3:25–26
25 Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;
26 For the Lord will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught.

Proverbs 10:30
30 The righteous will never be shaken, But the wicked will not dwell in the land.

Psalm 37:9–11 9 For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land. 10 Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more; And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there. 11 But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.

Job 14:12–13
12 So man lies down and does not rise. Until the heavens are no longer,
He will not awake nor be aroused out of his sleep. 13 “Oh that You would hide me in the grave
That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me!

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

The Body of Crist and also the same The Church need to be cleansed both it
AND WE must be cleaned because now there are profligacies
spewed upon the church from Satan’s horde of demons. God has a plan and prophesy of the spiritual Latter Rain.
This Latter Rain has been perceived in the Holy Spirit by very few and is not seen vividly yet today in the church but still
the prophets spoke God’s word describing it; some have thought it was for the Jews in the Millennial Rule of the LITTERAL PRESENCE OF JESUS at His walking and talking presence on this planet earth, mentioning of the Latter Rain by James to the Church and the revelation God gave to Paul in the Letter to the Ephesians,a Church,a glorious church without spot or wrinkle or any such thing! A complete church a perfect church perfected by Jesus.
This explains the parable of the reference to the 10 virgins and why 5 were foolish how escaping wrath is the Lord’s desire and plan for His bride. How he literally expressed His heart to rescue and provide a way of escape.Even for or the Jews from Egypt he excluded them from 7 plagues before they left.
We can be confident that the Latter Rain must come to The Church to snatch us up to enjoy the wedding feast as wrath is poured out on those who rejected.. The Latter Rain is mentioned written in the book of Joel 2:23-32/ Zach. 10:1, Hosea 6:1-3/10:12, James 5:1-8 and Ephesians 5:25-32 I Thes. 5:1-11.

K

kenisyes

Wolfinoxhide, I am not certain that there will be the removal of spots and wrinkles when Jesus is ready to return. I also can see it happening now, and I believe it always has been. My question is, can we assume that most of the spots and wrinkles will be removed THEN, in the future? If so, then I lose my primary argument that Jesus is not returning anytime soon, since I see so many spots and wrinkles. So far I don't see anything that addresses the relative proportion. Based on my studies, I found nothing either, which is why I feel as I do. All the Scriptures quoted so far only prove that some spots and wrinkles are being removed now, some will be removed then. Most of the Scriptures talk about the ongoing purification, so I assume that will be the bulk of it.

In fact the last post by Agapespiriteyes is one that makes me think most of the purification will be over by the time He returns. After all, 5 of those virgins were able to wait and think to have the oil. But again, no proof.

I don't see any reason lots of things can't come from the east at different times.

But you remind me, why does Hebrew have at least two words for every compass direction?

Jul 12, 2012
Wolfinoxhide, I am not certain that there will be the removal of spots and wrinkles when Jesus is ready to return.
I guess it's the way I look at the past and future.
The story of salvation repeats itself.
I believe there will be revival which ends in His second coming. This time, finally, worldwide. I believe it's this revival itself that causes tribulation.
And this time, I believe there will be televised proof that supports bible history.
What exactly? I don't know.

K

kenisyes

I think I wrote that too fast. It should say I am not certain that most of the spots and wrinkles will wait until Jesus is ready to return. Sorry if I confused you. I believe exactly as you stated. Except maybe television will be replaced by something new by then.