Call you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2009
Peace be to you
I would like to call you all to pray and the reading of the scriptures.
We are in the last times,they are even at the door.I have seen many things in the scriptures coming to pass. Reading the word is very good for you and I would like to see you ready.I see many being lazy and asking others all the questions God needs to answer.Our fellowship is a fellowship of love and faith.It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me and again;But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Know this, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in ****able heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Love a friend in God

N

NewJerusalem

Good word...

I encourage you to look up the original meaning of the word "elements".. makes for a good study and not what we would generally think just reading this passage at face value. :)

N

NewJerusalem

If not mistaken, believe it is only used like 8 times in Scripture and never refers to physical earth, land, planet, etc.

Mar 11, 2009
Good word...

I encourage you to look up the original meaning of the word "elements".. makes for a good study and not what we would generally think just reading this passage at face value. :)
I appreciate people who love the word,(its holy Ghost language)
I find the meaning of elementals diff in the script,It is however directly linked to the meaning Subject to or subject search,Also I like the collin dictionary it had all the meanings there even the lord super.

Thank you i enjoyed the search
Peace and love to all those who love the lord with sincerity

N

NewJerusalem

I appreciate people who love the word,(its holy Ghost language)
I find the meaning of elementals diff in the script,It is however directly linked to the meaning Subject to or subject search,Also I like the collin dictionary it had all the meanings there even the lord super.

Thank you i enjoyed the search
Peace and love to all those who love the lord with sincerity
cool, good observation.

hope this is not too lengthy but i would like to share what I have found pertaining to this passage referring to the elements... posted below. :)

C

charisenexcelcis

It is always good to be reminded of these things.

N

NewJerusalem

cool, good observation.

hope this is not too lengthy but i would like to share what I have found pertaining to this passage referring to the elements... posted below. :)

[FONT=&quot]2 Peter 3:10-13, “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”[/FONT]

The word elements in the Greek is stoicheion and is utilized only seven times in the new Testament and every time referring to the principles of the Old Covenant laws. This word is used twice in the preceding passage, 2 Peter 3:10-13, twice in Galatians 4:1-9, and once in Colossians 2:8-22, Hebrews 5:12 and Romans 3:1-2.

Galatians 4:1-9, “Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, 2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. 8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. 9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?”

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:8-22,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles (elements) of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. 11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. 16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles (elements) of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations-- 21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," 22 which all concern things which [/FONT]perish with the using--according to the commandments and doctrines of men?”

Hebrews 5:12, “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles (elements) of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.”

Romans 3:1-2, “What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles (elements) of God.”

They were expecting a coming Day of God, an imminent dissolution of the Old Covenant order.

C

charisenexcelcis

[FONT=&quot]2 Peter 3:10-13, “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”[/FONT]

The word elements in the Greek is stoicheion and is utilized only seven times in the new Testament and every time referring to the principles of the Old Covenant laws. This word is used twice in the preceding passage, 2 Peter 3:10-13, twice in Galatians 4:1-9, and once in Colossians 2:8-22, Hebrews 5:12 and Romans 3:1-2.

Galatians 4:1-9, “Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, 2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. 8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. 9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?”

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:8-22,[/FONT][/b][FONT=&quot] “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles (elements) of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. 11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. 16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles (elements) of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations-- 21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," 22 which all concern things which [/FONT]perish with the using--according to the commandments and doctrines of men?”

Hebrews 5:12, “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles (elements) of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.”

Romans 3:1-2, “What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles (elements) of God.”

They were expecting a coming Day of God, an imminent dissolution of the Old Covenant order.
Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.