Can a Gay person be a True Christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gr8grace

I loved this part when you said............... ME

YOU do nothing in yourself....only the Spirit in you does the work
We have the choice. Either walk in the flesh or the Spirit. Only the Spirit does the DIVINE Good. I can walk in the flesh and do a whole bunch of human "good" or in Gods eyes............................................................. EVIL.

That is why it takes bible doctrine and CONSTANT practice to discern good from evil. Feeding the poor? It IS evil if we are doing it from the flesh. And it will be burned up.

Heb 5:14~~New American Standard Bible
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good(divine good through the Spirit) and evil(human good through the flesh).

Dec 1, 2014
ok thank you I guess you then see the term gay as that of a race of people and in the same context as a man , women of one of color ? would it be fair to say you elevate those who have a sexual preference known as a worldly term " gay" which identify with homosexuality ? I can accept your point of men and women who are black white etc.. because God created them as such but not those who are gay. God did not create homosexuality HE did create a man and a women. there is no such thing as a gay person or people there are just people who do an act that is sinful .
My brother, you couldn't possibly be more incorrect -- again. Your highlighted statement makes me shake my head. I simply love gay people like I love most other people, that's right, I said most, not all.

I am on record stating many times that I love gay people but hate the gay agenda, especially here in my country. Not sure how things fair in your country, but here in American, gays, after years of being discriminated against, are now the most powerful special interest group reeking havoc across the land, and they're loving every minute of it.

Make no mistake, I despise them as a special interest group, but love them as people, like we are called to do as Christians. I don't love them any more or less, and I don't elevate them.

Geez, I feel like I just gave birth!

T

Tintin

I've been asked by an online friend to read this book. So I will. But I'll probably disagree with every word in it.

ggc3.jpg

Dec 1, 2014
My brother, you couldn't possibly be more incorrect -- again. Your highlighted statement makes me shake my head. I simply love gay people like I love most other people, that's right, I said most, not all.

I am on record stating many times that I love gay people but hate the gay agenda, especially here in my country. Not sure how things fair in your country, but here in American, gays, after years of being discriminated against, are now the most powerful special interest group reeking havoc across the land, and they're loving every minute of it.

Make no mistake, I despise them as a special interest group, but love them as people, like we are called to do as Christians. I don't love them any more or less, and I don't elevate them.

My bad CS1; for some reason I thought you lived in a European country.

Feb 26, 2015
Did you know that back in the 1940's, the 50's, the 60's that a Gay people were put in jail for years just for being Gay? How is that fair?

They were not put in jail for something they did. They were put in jail for who they are. And yet we wave the American flag proclaiming freedom for everybody!

Freedom in the USA was only for a select few.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Did you know that back in the 1940's, the 50's, the 60's that a Gay people were put in jail for years just for being Gay? How is that fair?

They were not put in jail for something they did. They were put in jail for who they are. And yet we wave the American flag proclaiming freedom for everybody!

Freedom in the USA was only for a select few.
Sodomy was against the law so I imagine it was assumed if you were known to be gay that you had committed that crime.

Sodomy laws in the United States, which outlawed a variety of sexual acts, were historically universal. While they often targeted sexual acts between persons of the same sex, many statutes employed definitions broad enough to outlaw certain sexual acts between persons of different sexes as well, sometimes even acts between married persons.

Through the 20th century, the gradual liberalization of American sexual morals led to the elimination of sodomy laws in most states. During this time, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of sodomy laws in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986. However, in 2003 the Supreme Court reversed the decision with Lawrence v. Texas, invalidating sodomy laws in the remaining 14 states (Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (statewide), North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

When did you get pregnant???????? :confused: :p

*sees flyswatter in Utah's hand, takes off running*

E

eph610

How in the world do you get that our flesh will align with the Spirit from Romans 8

So we can live in the Flesh? Our flesh will align with the Spirit?

Rom 8:5~~New American Standard Bible
For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Our flesh is NEVER going to align with the Spirit.Never.
I will admit that I missed your initial statement, I had to re-read it. I initially interpreted your statement above to mean that we can never crucify our flesh, so that was my fault.

Our Flesh will die if we Walk and be led by the Spirit and that is what I thought you were coming against in the above statement. This is why I posted Romans 8.

You seem to be implying, that everything I am talking about is at Salvation, and I have made it very clear that is not what I am saying. You brought salvation into this and nobody else did, nor have I ever stated you do the things I have stated to "keep" your salvation

What I have been stating are things that will take place as spiritual growth after initial conversion. Yet you continue to cry we are full of religion and accusing people of works based and lordship salvation.

Salvation is simply confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believing in your heart God raised him from the dead...Salvation is made through grace and your faith in what Jesus Did for you, and nothing you else, It is the finished work of Jesus Christ that saves you and nothing else....

So tell us what should happen after salvation? You pound your fists about Eph 2.8-9, then seem to void out verse 10, and never even talk about it...

You said in another post everybody is missing the evidence of Ken's salvation and it is the discipline he is going through...I called you out on that and correctly pointed out that Father would not discipline Ken with the agony you say he does....

You continue to ask me for evidence I should see ad then spin away the Bible answers I give you and claim I am basing evidences on morality and not spiritual things.

I am not ready to state this as a fact about you, but you seem to think that once you are saved, God does not require change and that there is no need to make Jesus Lord over everything in your life, because salvation is all about grace and that grace can carry you as you work out your salvation....To borrow another posters phrase, this just gives people a comfortable ride to the lake of fire. If this is an incorrect assumption about you, then say so.

You have yet to tell us what growing up spiritually looks like after initial salvation...please share

E

eph610

It does not matter what sin a person is addicted to. What matters is Jesus has called everyone to come follow Him, even the Gay's were called.

The problem is people's Pride in believing their sins are not as bad as the sins of their neighbors is what is the real problem! Yes a person CAN be Gay and heed the call from God to follow Him!

How many people here still struggle with sinning? EVERYBODY!

How many people here sin everyday? EVERYBODY!
How is this even remotely Biblical!?!?!

Can a homosexual called by God and following him, still sleep around and have homosexual sex and still be right with God?

Can a fornicator called by God and following him, still sleep around with other women while he is married and still be right with God?

Can a person causing strife and division and spreading gossip in the local church that is called by God and following him still be right with God and his fellow brothers and sisters of Christ?

E

eph610

We have the choice. Either walk in the flesh or the Spirit. Only the Spirit does the DIVINE Good. I can walk in the flesh and do a whole bunch of human "good" or in Gods eyes............................................................. EVIL.

That is why it takes bible doctrine and CONSTANT practice to discern good from evil. Feeding the poor? It IS evil if we are doing it from the flesh. And it will be burned up.

Heb 5:14~~New American Standard Bible
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good(divine good through the Spirit) and evil(human good through the flesh).
Is this before salvation or after?