Can a Gay person be a True Christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

I've been asked by an online friend to read this book. So I will. But I'll probably disagree with every word in it.

View attachment 160334

Well here's one line from the book that will tell pretty much where the author is coming from "Christians who affirm the full authority of Scripture can also affirm committed monogamous same sex relationships." Quoted from the book.

T

Tintin

Well here's one line from the book that will tell pretty much where the author is coming from "Christians who affirm the full authority of Scripture can also affirm committed monogamous same sex relationships." Quoted from the book.
I know it's a load of bollocks. But I like to be informed about the stupid arguments people make to justify their sins. I'll follow it up with this free ebook:
GGC-Book-Cover.jpg

R

RobbyEarl

Can an adulterer be a true christian? Can an alcoholic be a true christian? can you cheat and be a true christian?

R

RobbyEarl

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

blessedjohn80

Mar 6, 2016
A true Christian is someone who is putting to death his/her own selfish lifestyle(whatever that may be) and take pride only in the love of God, the redemptive blood of Jesus, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

"Can a person who is Gay and has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior be a True Christian????"

Accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior means that he/she is a true Christian. However, Christians, as far as I know, can see only see through our carnal eyes, but God is the only one Who can really tell the hearts of men.

Therefore, I agree with RobbyEarl, "let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

K

kaylagrl

Can an adulterer be a true christian? Can an alcoholic be a true christian? can you cheat and be a true christian?
No, you cannot continue in a sinful lifestyle and remain saved. Struggling is one thing,living a sinful lifestyle is another.

K

kaylagrl

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

That is a cop out. Is that what John the Baptist said to the king? No,he called him out on his sin. The disciples preached "repent for the kingdom is at hand". They never said "well you sin and I sin so we're all good". No we are to mature in Christ we are not to be continually living like the world. We are a new creation. We're telling people its ok to stay stuck in sin. Did God get out of the deliverance business? Did I miss it? People can't give up alcohol, drugs, adultery,homosexuality? Then God is no God at all according to that belief. What a weak God we preach these days.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Matthew 10:14 (KJV)
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart
out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Luke 9:5 (KJV)
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off
the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Mark 6:11 (KJV)
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off
the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be
more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Luke 10:11 (KJV)
Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you:
notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Now my ears are perked up. I have the utmost respect for you and your doctrine.

What verse says that "all must be laid upon the alter of sacrifice to come to Christ?" Why didn't Paul tell the Jailer this?

He laid it ALL upon the alter. It is believing or trusting in this that saves us. Not us laying out all we have. We don't even know what to lay out if we are not saved and don't have the Spirit.

NOW, laying it all on the alter before Christ...........that is advancing in the Christian way of life AFTER we are saved.
OK I'm curious, what sin are we allowed to hold back when we seek salvation from the Lord? Are we allowed a pet sin or two or three?

The urgency conveyed by the Philippian jailer indicates that he wanted saved and was willing to do what ever the apostles asked of him.

It is far too true that many attempt to take back sins and value them above the Lord. Our walk with Christ is to be a pure as our conversion to Christ. We lose as it were our first love.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

H

Hawkins

The New Covenant is composed of 2 main terms, namely, 1) Faith in Christ and 2) Repentance. You won't be saved without one or the other. All Satan's tactics are to attack either of these 2.

So to say that,

"You are gay and you sinned such that you have no hope to be saved" is to attack 1) by neglecting the 2).

On the other hand to say that,

"Gay is ok because all of us are sinners" is to attack 2). Legalization of a sin is to fall short of repentance.

That said, legalization of a sin inside our Church as a whole can be a candidate of the "abomination causing desolation".

Matthew 24:15-16 (NIV)
So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

So it's not about a sin, it's all about the legalization of a sin.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eph610

The New Covenant is composed of 2 main terms, namely, 1) Faith in Christ and 2) Repentance. You won't be saved without one or the other. All Satan's tactics are to attack either of these 2.

So to say that,

"You are gay and you sinned such that you have no hope to be saved" is to attack 1) by neglecting the 2).

On the other hand to say that,

"Gay is ok because all of us are sinners" is to attack 2). Legalization of a sin is to fall short of repentance.

That said, legalization of a sin inside our Church as a whole can be a candidate of the "abomination causing desolation".

Matthew 24:15-16 (NIV)
So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

So it's not about a sin, it's all about the legalization of a sin.
Matthew 24.15-16 has zero to do with what are trying to say it does....It has to do with End time prophecy, not sin...

E

eph610

OK I'm curious, what sin are we allowed to hold back when we seek salvation from the Lord? Are we allowed a pet sin or two or three?

The urgency conveyed by the Philippian jailer indicates that he wanted saved and was willing to do what ever the apostles asked of him.

It is far too true that many attempt to take back sins and value them above the Lord. Our walk with Christ is to be a pure as our conversion to Christ. We lose as it were our first love.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I believe[not defending him or agreeing here] gr8grace is trying to say that at the moment we confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised him of the dead and we are born again, we do not lay down everything, we simply exercise our faith and accept salvation by grace.

He still has yet to tell me at what point we should expect to see the evidence of salvation and continues to seem to suggest there is not any and those that look for fruit of repentance are just religious bigots that should concentrate on other things, because that is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible...

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I believe[not defending him or agreeing here] gr8grace is trying to say that at the moment we confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised him of the dead and we are born again, we do not lay down everything, we simply exercise our faith and accept salvation by grace.

He still has yet to tell me at what point we should expect to see the evidence of salvation and continues to seem to suggest there is not any and those that look for fruit of repentance are just religious bigots that should concentrate on other things, because that is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible...
When a person is led of the Holy Spirit to seek salvation from Christ do they give a measured plea for salvation or do they give everything and hold back nothing? Does the sinner pray Lord forgive me my sin except for that one sin I cannot give up?

It is my contention that when a person is under Holy Spirit conviction about their sin they desire forgiveness of all their sin not just some of their sin. Here is my example: Lord Jesus I'm a dirty rotten sinner and I cannot save myself. Please save me Lord Jesus I know I deserve eternal condemnation but Your word tells me You will for give me and give me eternal life. Now Jesus I really love money so please save me but allow me to continue to seek after monetary wealth.

Think that will result on a conversion to Christ or not?

John 16:7 ¶ Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

H

Hawkins

Matthew 24.15-16 has zero to do with what are trying to say it does....It has to do with End time prophecy, not sin...
It is about an end time prophecy of how an abomination (sin) enters the Church! That's what I said.

E

eph610

It is about an end time prophecy of how an abomination (sin) enters the Church! That's what I said.
No sir, it is about when the Beast raises up in the Temple at the end of the age....

Dec 1, 2014
For all the world to see:

Recently a moderator on CC overstepped their authority by being openly demeaning to a fellow member here and provoking them into an argument, then threatening them with bannishment. I was very taken back by their disrespectful behavior. Believe me when I tell you, there was a complete and total lack of respect on the part of said moderator.

The other day CS1 quoted me and shared his opposing view and I responded to him in an aggressive, somewhat disrespectful manner because at that moment I thought he was the moderator I speak of in the first paragraph. The following day I realized he was not the moderator in question and I wrote to him apologizing for my mistake and my behavior. He was most gracious, and because his Christian walk is worthy of praise, I want to take the time to thank CS1 for his grace, understanding and hard work here on CC.

Blessings always! :cool:

E

eph610

For all the world to see:

Recently a moderator on CC overstepped their authority by being openly demeaning to a fellow member here and provoking them into an argument, then threatening them with bannishment. I was very taken back by their disrespectful behavior. Believe me when I tell you, there was a complete and total lack of respect on the part of said moderator.

The other day CS1 quoted me and shared his opposing view and I responded to him in an aggressive, somewhat disrespectful manner because at that moment I thought he was the moderator I speak of in the first paragraph. The following day I realized he was not the moderator in question and I wrote to him apologizing for my mistake and my behavior. He was most gracious, and because his Christian walk is worthy of praise, I want to take the time to thank CS1 for his grace, understanding and hard work here on CC.

Blessings always! :cool:
Ok utah...see that circle on that white board, yeah that one...take you and yer nose.......:D

Dec 1, 2014
Ok utah...see that circle on that white board, yeah that one...take you and yer nose.......:D
LMBO! I know, I know. I never kiss backsides, but once in a while a slight tap is well deserved and goes a long way. ;)

E

eph610

LMBO! I know, I know. I never kiss backsides, but once in a while a slight tap is well deserved and goes a long way. ;)
Christian character matters....