Can men and women be friends..really friends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Fromdomlove

My opinion is not. At least..that's what my experience has taught me. I cant get along with a girl without thinking she might be my girlfriend and at the very moment we start thinking that way..the friendship is getting over. So..it is not more a common friendship..the simulation game start..trying not to talk about it..so...it not easy to have a friendship with a girl.

Now, my concern is: Being honest about this might be a big problem. But i really want to know your opinion.

Feb 7, 2015
You're 32, you should be thinking with the head on your shoulders by now.

A

AuntieAnt

I have male & female friendships that have lasted my entire life, many former school mates. My two sons and my daughter (all in the 30's) have also maintained both male & female friendships all their lives. Friends are like family members that you get to choose. :eek:

S

skylove7

Of course! :)

M

MollyConnor

Friends? Of course!
Best friends? No way!
Your best friend (besides God) should be your spouse.

C

coby2

My opinion is not. At least..that's what my experience has taught me. I cant get along with a girl without thinking she might be my girlfriend and at the very moment we start thinking that way..the friendship is getting over. So..it is not more a common friendship..the simulation game start..trying not to talk about it..so...it not easy to have a friendship with a girl.

Now, my concern is: Being honest about this might be a big problem. But i really want to know your opinion.
Some people can, but I can't either. I have one guy now they banned here who I added as a Facebook friend and he's really nice and he was complaining that nobody wanted him and all the demands he had was that it had to breathe, so I told him I had a crush on him, but we can never have something, he lives a tiny bit too far away, so I don't have much contact, otherwise I want to marry him LOL and I have that with every single guy my age. So I just have no friends, that's easiest. I had a date with one guy who went out with female just friends, lol, it was immediately over. Those I don't like, not gonna be part of his harem of just friends. That's possible, just as a friend you speak now and then on internet or something, but not for a relationship, irl I can only be 'friends' that means just talk to a collegue at work, if I am not attracted to him because he's too young, not christian or married. My age, christian and single, not possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA

sharkwhales

Jan 31, 2016
Yes, if both of them have their needs met otherwise so they're not easily attracted. I can't say how common that is though.

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Its quite simple. Yes, they can be. Use some self control. I have more female friends than male friends. I'm not dating or sleeping with any of them. Ta Da!!!!! LOL

S

Siberian_Khatru

Yes, though both parties have to be friends together.

S

Shouryu

I have LOTS of women friends in whom I have ABSOLUTELY no romantic interest in whatsoever. That's a fact.

So, your opinion is incorrect.

Maybe YOU can't just be friends with a woman. But to make a blanket statement about ALL men and ALL women is ludicrous. I guess where this whole myth becomes nonsensical to me is this idea that, just because someone is a woman, she must automatically be attractive? How does THAT even work?

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
I have LOTS of women friends in whom I have ABSOLUTELY no romantic interest in whatsoever. That's a fact.

Maybe YOU can't just be friends with a woman. But to make a blanket statement about ALL men and ALL women is ludicrous. I guess where this whole myth becomes nonsensical to me is this idea that, just because someone is a woman, she must automatically be attractive? How does THAT even work?
Yea, what he said! Seriously, though. That's a really good point.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Yeah well, if dogs can be man's best friend... maybe a woman can do as a friend? Of course, boundaries should be clear. Just because you're friends with a woman doesn't mean you go sleep over at her house. xD

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Most of my friends are female, so yes, they can be. I've never thought of them as anything other than that. If that's an issue, then perhaps someone's intent is more to finding a relationship, rather than being friends.

C

coby2

Get desperate and lonely enough and I'll even get fuzzy feelings for Dracula.

C

coby2

Its quite simple. Yes, they can be. Use some self control. I have more female friends than male friends. I'm not dating or sleeping with any of them. Ta Da!!!!! LOL
Hello, it's not that I'm gonna jump on someone if he says hi. I get feelings other than what's up bro, thus I back off, otherwise I get grumpy that I'm alone and he doesn't like me. That guy I went on a date with with his female friends, she'd just tell him he had to go out with her because she needed his attention. Ehm I wouldn't say that to my brother. Don't fool me that she has no feelings whatsoever for him, although of course nothing happens and she can even come sleep over.

Last edited: