Can we connect these Scriptures together?

• Thread starter Definition_Christ
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Definition_Christ

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

1 John 4:8
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

The Lord just showed me these Scriptures this morning. I think we can definitely get something out of them by connecting them together.

So I will give some of my ideas first. You can all feel free to say anything about these verses or anything else the Lord may have put on your heart.

So ...
Seeing how Jesus is God (Isa. 44:6 and Rev 1:17-18), and God is love (1Jo. 4:8) ...

When Jesus says "I never knew you", He could very well be saying "you never knew love".
We can do ALL these great works and wonders prophecies.. Everything.. But if we don't have love... It profits us NOTHING...
I think Jesus is saying here. Yes you did works, but you had no love. If you don't know love, you do not know God.

So I think that "I never knew you" could really be "you never knew love"...

What do you guys think?

Jan 8, 2009
That's really good. Lack of love results in disobedience to Christ = lawlessness. Lack of love also = not doing the will of the Father , the will of the Father most importantly is love towards God, and love towards neighbour.

Oct 1, 2009
Yea that flows beautifully together. I remember reading Matthew 7 in the past and thinking to myself... I know him... but does he know me? I had a huge lack of prayer problem that i'm still working on. But yes, I think that's spot on, if you knew not me, you knew not love.

M

machew

Yep definitely an important connection there :)

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

The Lord just showed me these Scriptures this morning. I think we can definitely get something out of them by connecting them together.

So I will give some of my ideas first. You can all feel free to say anything about these verses or anything else the Lord may have put on your heart.

So ...
Seeing how Jesus is God (Isa. 44:6 and Rev 1:17-18), and God is love (1Jo. 4:8) ...

When Jesus says "I never knew you", He could very well be saying "you never knew love".
We can do ALL these great works and wonders prophecies.. Everything.. But if we don't have love... It profits us NOTHING...
I think Jesus is saying here. Yes you did works, but you had no love. If you don't know love, you do not know God.

What do you guys think?
I can not disagree with this for it is the Word of God, and I thank him for what he has giving you, which is giving to all who read, not only is God saying that he never knew them because they did not love and we know that there are some mean christian... they have envy and strife, back bitters, slanderers, hypocrites, they appear to man to be righteous, but behind close dorrs they are workers of satan. I was married to a man just like that. in church he wanted people to think that we had the best marriage, but at home he was mean and evil. no matter how much I did right he was determind to hurt me, and my children.. but to everyone else he was heaven sent. we must have our hearts pure before God in all things bringing forth good fruit unto salvation; the fruit of the Spirit. 1 being love, and we know the rest. think of what he said to the Saudisess and the Pharisees. they were religious leaders, but he called them that they recruted( procylites) a twofold product of hell as they are.
agreeing and adding to your post. why God said what he said in Matthew 7.

Bless the Lord, Oh my soul and everything in me , Glory to our God in the highest praise,

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Amen! It is by his love we are saved, and in him that we learn to love. By this, Our Lord God is Glorified!
God bless, pickles

D

Definition_Christ

I can not disagree with this for it is the Word of God, and I thank him for what he has giving you, which is giving to all who read, not only is God saying that he never knew them because they did not love and we know that there are some mean christian... they have envy and strife, back bitters, slanderers, hypocrites, they appear to man to be righteous, but behind close dorrs they are workers of satan. I was married to a man just like that. in church he wanted people to think that we had the best marriage, but at home he was mean and evil. no matter how much I did right he was determind to hurt me, and my children.. but to everyone else he was heaven sent. we must have our hearts pure before God in all things bringing forth good fruit unto salvation; the fruit of the Spirit. 1 being love, and we know the rest. think of what he said to the Saudisess and the Pharisees. they were religious leaders, but he called them that they recruted( procylites) a twofold product of hell as they are.
agreeing and adding to your post. why God said what he said in Matthew 7.

Bless the Lord, Oh my soul and everything in me , Glory to our God in the highest praise,
Amen... Yes wolves in sheep clothing.. We need to look out for them... Jesus said...

John 13:35
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

yes.. amen and amen

D

Definition_Christ

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

So ...

What do you guys think?
Hey.. Also..

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

lawlessness ??... Well love is the fulfillment to the law.. the law is fulfilled in LOVE.. so if we don't have/use love we are practicing lawlessness.

S

suaso

Nice observations, Definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.