Canada to abstain from UN vote today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

Canada will abstain from a vote Thursday morning during which members of the United Nations are expected to overwhelmingly condemn the decision by U.S. President Donald Trump to move the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem,Global News has confirmed.

“Canada is strongly committed to the goal of a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East, including the creation of a Palestinian state living side-by-side in peace and security with Israel. Canada’s longstanding position is that the status of Jerusalem can be resolved only as part of a general settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. This has been the policy of consecutive governments, both Liberal and Conservative,” said Adam Austen, spokesperson for Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland.

Trudeau showing his true colors again

Coward is afraid to vote his conscience so he abstains (conscience being that he is anti-Israel)

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Nine countries — the US, Israel, Togo, Micronesia, Guatemala, Nauru, Palau, Marshall Islands and Honduras — voted against the resolution.

A further 21 countries did not vote at all.

By abstaining, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, Latvia and Romania broke European Union consensus on the vote. The EU had previously vehemently rejected any attempt to change Jerusalem’s status in the absence of a final peace deal between Israelis and Palestinians.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/un-na...ass-jerusalem-resolution-with-large-majority/

Last edited:

Ezekiel8

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, actually I think this is not so bad. I am actually kind of surprised, I would have thought Trudeau would have been one of the first to line up behind this. I think this is very significant that one of the biggest globalists will at the least sit out. I think it indicates that maybe not Trudeau himself, but maybe there is still some good people within Canada's government behind the scenes that are turning to the light.

7seasrekeyed

Hmm, actually I think this is not so bad. I am actually kind of surprised, I would have thought Trudeau would have been one of the first to line up behind this. I think this is very significant that one of the biggest globalists will at the least sit out. I think it indicates that maybe not Trudeau himself, but maybe there is still some good people within Canada's government behind the scenes that are turning to the light.

Trudeau is no supporter of Israel

Ezekiel8

Oct 26, 2017
Trudeau is no supporter of Israel
I know.

Like I said it's not so much him that this indicates to me is flipping, but maybe some others surrounding him behind the scenes within Canadian politics that were able to influence this to a degree.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The Israel thing makes no sense. If Israel are God's chosen people then what does that make Christians?
Lesser chosen people?
Not to mention the fact that they are illegally occupying Palestine

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The Israel thing makes no sense. If Israel are God's chosen people then what does that make Christians?
Lesser chosen people?
There has NEVER been a Country called Palestine. The Palestinians DID get a HUGE chunk of the former BRITISH Territory called Palestine.

That Country is Jordan. Of course, Jordan welcomed refugees right?

The Jews got a TINY sliver of land, smaller than New Jersey.

It's NEVER been about the size of Israel, it's always been about it's EXISTENCE!!

7seasrekeyed

Lesser chosen people?

is there anything you actually believe in besides being disagreeable?

maybe you could dust the house or something

or maybe just find some stuff and things to keep you busy

7seasrekeyed

Justin Trudeau is pro Islam.

I do believe so

just like the community organizer trying to organize and rearrange the world the last 8 yrs in the US

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
There has NEVER been a Country called Palestine. The Palestinians DID get a HUGE chunk of the former BRITISH Territory called Palestine.

It's NEVER been about the size of Israel, it's always been about it's EXISTENCE!!

There has never been a truer statement than this. They don't care about the size of Israel, they despise it's very existence because it's God's chosen land for his people. And those who follow any other religion such as those primarily in middle eastern countries following Islam....they hate the Jews, and in retrospect, they hate Christ, because they do not accept Him as the true Son of God, our Messiah. They have always known that Israel is God's chosen people, and they will always strive to destroy them.....but we know what's coming down the line for them.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
is there anything you actually believe in besides being disagreeable?

maybe you could dust the house or something

or maybe just find some stuff and things to keep you busy
Justin Trudeau is pro-islam I agree with that but anyway...
Most countries pretty much unanimously agree that what Trump did was a bad idea so I'm not surprised that Canada would opt out of the vote

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
Lesser chosen people?
Would you like to read Romans 11?

K

kaylagrl

Canada will abstain from a vote Thursday morning during which members of the United Nations are expected to overwhelmingly condemn the decision by U.S. President Donald Trump to move the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem,Global News has confirmed.

“Canada is strongly committed to the goal of a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East, including the creation of a Palestinian state living side-by-side in peace and security with Israel. Canada’s longstanding position is that the status of Jerusalem can be resolved only as part of a general settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. This has been the policy of consecutive governments, both Liberal and Conservative,” said Adam Austen, spokesperson for Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland.

Trudeau showing his true colors again

Coward is afraid to vote his conscience so he abstains (conscience being that he is anti-Israel)

Well we agree there.Im ashamed of what Im hearing coming out of Trudeau.I hope the Canucks can him asap.Some of my family admitted that they sat at home and didn't vote. And I said "then you can't sit back now and complain".

K

kaylagrl

Lesser chosen people?

Oh Dude,you need to start a thread where you and I agree. Im so tired of correcting you. This has nothing to do with the Bible,or Jews being chosen or not. Israel is a sovereign nation and they are allowed to put the capital wherever they wish in the country. You cannot occupy Palestine because it is not a country. So there is nothing illegal about Israel naming Jerusalem the capital.

K

kaylagrl

Right,Israel sits on 1% of the land in the middle east and people want to slice that up and take it from them.I can't believe some Christians agree with this.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Justin Trudeau is pro-islam I agree with that but anyway...
Most countries pretty much unanimously agree that what Trump did was a bad idea so I'm not surprised that Canada would opt out of the vote

Yeah you're right, those countries all unanimously voted that it was a bad idea, yet look at the state these countries are in. Yes the U.S. isn't in the best shape, but we are BLESSED in so many ways. One thing the US is doing is standing up and supporting Israel....God's people....read ANYWHERE in God's word on what happened to those who opposed and suppressed his people....God eventually destroyed them. I admire Trump and his administration standing with Israel, and you all should too.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Lesser chosen people?
There is no need to be jealous. They are the roots, we are the branches. The Lord loves us both.

In God's book the people the world calls "Palestinians" (Arabs) are the occupiers on His land. He calls it His Land. It doesn't matter what the UN thinks.
There is already a "Palestinian" State. It's called Jordan.

Last edited: