Canadians... what are you thankful for?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hi All,
We Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend, so I'd like to invite and inspire you to share a few things for which you are thankful.

I read this question somewhere, "Have you ever spent an hour just giving thanks to God?" That, along with Corrie Ten Boom's story of her sister's brief stay in a German concentration camp during WWII, have inspired me to take an all-inclusive view of thanks-giving.

I'm thankful for God's love, wisdom and foresight, His creation, the redemption He won for us through Jesus' death on the cross, and the hope of resurrection through which He sustains us. I'm thankful for my parents and my kids, my friends and neighbours, and the people who make up my church congregation. I'm thankful for chocolate, coffee, and all the other foods, and the wisdom God has revealed to make each one enjoyable. I'm thankful for the limitations God has allowed in my life, that I would depend on Him in all things. I could go on, but I'd rather say, what are you thankful for?

S

skylove7

Oooh...awesome thread Dino! :)

Well....I am american, but I am thankful I visited Canada at age 5.
It was beautiful :)

I am thankful for God
For having one more moment here to love others
I am thankful for patience
For the dawn...and the sky...and all God's beautiful creations
I am thankful for pen and paper and paints...so I can express who I am inside before I die
I am thankful for food...and for hungry people who receive food
I am thankful for my awakening inside....because of Jesus

Sigh....
So much I am thankful for...
But God and people I love are tops on my joy list!

Oh thankful I can sing
Though
Only in my garage or shower
God hears me :)....and perhaps a squirrel or two :p

Ha....oh I forgot coffee and chocolate too.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Dino!

Love and Peace

Last edited:
J

JeniBean

I am not Canadian, though I lived on the border and popped in often then. I do hope you had a splendid Thanksgiving weekend!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I am not Canadian, though I lived on the border and popped in often then. I do hope you had a splendid Thanksgiving weekend!
Good so far, though the wind here yesterday was something else: 50-60 MPH gusts. We could have left the turkeys outside to be naturally plucked!

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Not canadian either... but when i was locating my celphone, i recalled Magda havas from canada, who has had studies on effects of electromagnetic fields on the human body. This was what i have watched before, but posting her other vids if we can learn a thing or 2 from that.

[h=1]Cell Phones & Cigarettes: What do they have in Common?[/h]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uz2TUcwnI&index=28&list=UUxs1UgZ6DivWUfG1dX3TELw

https://www.youtube.com/user/magdahavas/videos