Can't say I honestly want that....so let me RIP

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2009
Honestly, I won't lie, eternal life doesn't sound all that appealing to me. I can't saying spending eternity in a place or with people that I more or less don't really like sounds fun. I honestly would rather die and stay dead. Why doesn't God give us that option? Why is it that this loving God gives us eternity in heaven or eternity in hell (which I strongly doubt if there is such a place)

I know that some people are like, "But its Paradise! How do you not want to go?" Well because I am really not sure that it is. God said he was gonna do whats best for me, so far I think that hasn't happened. Now I know that we should wait until the end of our lives to decide, but I am not gonna get to the end of my life and find out that it was a complete waste by trusting in someone that so far in my life hasn't proved trust worthy...

Now don't get me wrong I believe in God, but this brand of Christianity sounds a lot of like ISLAM. With the sword in one hand the Bible in the other....

You don't think it does? What does Believe in Jesus or burn forever in hell sound like? Doesn't sound like a love God to me. Sounds like a demanding God who gives me little or no choice....

Do you want to know what I think choices are. Being able to except or deny a gift with out consequences.

What if I came up to you and said, "I am going to give you this gift, and you are free to except it. Oh btw if you don't except it I use this chain saw and chop off both arms and legs." But this is a free gift that I give to you out of my Loving goodness.

So in closing...call me crazy, but I would probably rather die and stay dead. No judgment, no eternal fires, no eternal life....

K

Kite

It's scary; I used to want something like that; like I die and I just die. No afterlife or anything. Frankly, I'm scared I'm going to do something in heaven t hat will get me kicked out or I won't love God enough. I still kinda feel that, but yeah...
And God does give a choice: free will. We do whatever we want, and in the end, we either get rewarded or punished according to what we've done.
Yeah...not much help now, am I?

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Honestly, I won't lie, eternal life doesn't sound all that appealing to me. I can't saying spending eternity in a place or with people that I more or less don't really like sounds fun. I honestly would rather die and stay dead. Why doesn't God give us that option? Why is it that this loving God gives us eternity in heaven or eternity in hell (which I strongly doubt if there is such a place)

I know that some people are like, "But its Paradise! How do you not want to go?" Well because I am really not sure that it is. God said he was gonna do whats best for me, so far I think that hasn't happened. Now I know that we should wait until the end of our lives to decide, but I am not gonna get to the end of my life and find out that it was a complete waste by trusting in someone that so far in my life hasn't proved trust worthy...

Now don't get me wrong I believe in God, but this brand of Christianity sounds a lot of like ISLAM. With the sword in one hand the Bible in the other....

You don't think it does? What does Believe in Jesus or burn forever in hell sound like? Doesn't sound like a love God to me. Sounds like a demanding God who gives me little or no choice....

Do you want to know what I think choices are. Being able to except or deny a gift with out consequences.

What if I came up to you and said, "I am going to give you this gift, and you are free to except it. Oh btw if you don't except it I use this chain saw and chop off both arms and legs." But this is a free gift that I give to you out of my Loving goodness.

So in closing...call me crazy, but I would probably rather die and stay dead. No judgment, no eternal fires, no eternal life....
Greetings Chopsui,

Us humans will not be going to heaven or sheol for infinity years, our souls are not immortal, the Bible says that the wicked shall die, the Bible also says the God's kingdom is coming to earth, it is not that we go to heaven.

It appears to me that you have recieved a false word, you have recieved the anti-christ gospel that God tortures his children over hot coals in a hellhole for infinity years! That is simply not based on scripture, that is just mythology, a fable invented by the Devil to blaspheme God, the Bible says that God will not pass His children through the fire, neither would He even think it.

Ask yourself how much of what you know about Christianity is based upon the Holy word of God and how much of it is based upon what men have told you? God says that he will testify to you in the wilderness, that means he will testify to you through His word on your own! Read the word and find out what it means, that is the way God has decided He is going to divide whom are His and whom are not His. If you want to learn what God means by Sheol then there is another thread dealing with eternity and hell and its true meaning, you will see that it is divided, those who see a God gleefully torturing humans for infinity years while they look on cheering from the sideline, and there are those who can clearly explain the meaning of the words and how they do not mean any such thing, it is all in some peoples mind!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Jesus:

1) A real being - most credible historians can't deny that he existed
2) He truly died on the cross- the same evidence that he lived is just as strong he was killed on the cross
3) His tomb is empty- historical fact
4) The accounts of Him rising from the dead and meeting people are based on sound historical documents

This isn't someone you can just take or leave!

This is God in human flesh..

liar
lunatic
the devil
or God

only options

Why? Good teachers don't claim to be God... and if He isn't God He wants people to put there salvation in His hands! That would make him the epitome of evil!

the concept of hell:

when a criminal is put in jail.. are they punished for the length of their crime.. or the weight?

The weight of their crime, right? So

what is the greatest crime a man can ever do?

If God is real.. the greatest crime would be rejecting Him.

So what should be the consequence of the greatest crime a person can ever do?

Hell is the natural consequence of men continually rebelling and disregarding God .. and particularly the salvation he offers.

So believe in me or burn in hell.. is a bit simplified.. more like believe in a perfect God who combines grace with truth.. who when you ask for salvation.. responds by unconditionally accepting you into His family! Don't believe in me.. and I have no choice but for you to stay seperate from me..

This is just justice

The greatest crime? Rejecting salvation from God! What should be the natural consequence of the greatest crime?

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Greetings Chopsui,

Us humans will not be going to heaven or sheol for infinity years, our souls are not immortal, the Bible says that the wicked shall die, the Bible also says the God's kingdom is coming to earth, it is not that we go to heaven.

It appears to me that you have recieved a false word, you have recieved the anti-christ gospel that God tortures his children over hot coals in a hellhole for infinity years! That is simply not based on scripture, that is just mythology, a fable invented by the Devil to blaspheme God, the Bible says that God will not pass His children through the fire, neither would He even think it.

Ask yourself how much of what you know about Christianity is based upon the Holy word of God and how much of it is based upon what men have told you? God says that he will testify to you in the wilderness, that means he will testify to you through His word on your own! Read the word and find out what it means, that is the way God has decided He is going to divide whom are His and whom are not His. If you want to learn what God means by Sheol then there is another thread dealing with eternity and hell and its true meaning, you will see that it is divided, those who see a God gleefully torturing humans for infinity years while they look on cheering from the sideline, and there are those who can clearly explain the meaning of the words and how they do not mean any such thing, it is all in some peoples mind!
Cup you know the Bible so you should know that after there will be a new Heaven and earth and God will be with His Children.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Cup you know the Bible so you should know that after there will be a new Heaven and earth and God will be with His Children.
Yes I know there will be a new Heaven and Earth, and a new Jerusalem, what I referring to was the Kingdom of God which is coming to earth, a Christian whether dead in Christ and sleeping awaiting resurrection or a Christian alive at the return of Christ will stay on earth to be part of the God's Kingdom which is coming to earth, we don't go to Hevean when we die, we wait sleeping in Sheol unto the Lord's return. Hell is sheol, it is the grave, God can destroy both body and soul in Sheol with His eternal fire, the human soul is not immortal, but is totally reliant on God, even so it is that Eternal life as promised is not infinity years either, and again is conditional, the promise is for life in the age of ages, Godly age, but just as there is not infinity punishment there in not infinity life in the next world in God's Kingdom. Immortality of the soul is not a Christian doctrine.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Yes I know there will be a new Heaven and Earth, and a new Jerusalem, what I referring to was the Kingdom of God which is coming to earth, a Christian whether dead in Christ and sleeping awaiting resurrection or a Christian alive at the return of Christ will stay on earth to be part of the God's Kingdom which is coming to earth, we don't go to Hevean when we die, we wait sleeping in Sheol unto the Lord's return. Hell is sheol, it is the grave, God can destroy both body and soul in Sheol with His eternal fire, the human soul is not immortal, but is totally reliant on God, even so it is that Eternal life as promised is not infinity years either, and again is conditional, the promise is for life in the age of ages, Godly age, but just as there is not infinity punishment there in not infinity life in the next world in God's Kingdom. Immortality of the soul is not a Christian doctrine.
Ah... we are in Paradise when we die until we are in the heaven of Revelation.. which is basically the same thing! Not sheol or hell!

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

G3857

παράδεισος

paradeisos

par-ad'-i-sos
Of Oriental origin (compare [H6508]); a park, that is, (specifically) an Eden (place of future happiness, “paradise”): - paradise.

H6508
פּרדּס

pardês

par-dace'

Of foreign origin; a park: - forest, orchard.

The soul goes to a place just as good as heaven when we die, if has been indwelled by the Holy Spirit.

It is a holding place.. yes.. but not hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.