Catholic church heresies part 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roaringkitten

Continued from:
Part 1- http://christianchat.com/showthread.php?p=131434#post131434
Part 2- http://christianchat.com/showthread.php?p=131483#post131483

8) PETER AND THE ROCK

The Word makes it very clear that Peter is NOT the rock but that the rock is our Lord Jesus(no "pope" found in the Word btw, and when the Catholic church claims some "private interpretation" show them 2 Peter 1:20 and 2 Timothy 3:16) . Some modern Bible versions change Scripture to make Peter the rock(which proves they are corrupt versions).

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18

"And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 1 Corinthians 10:4

9) THE POPE
The pope's title as "Father" or "Holy Father" is very unBiblical(in fact blasphemous). The Word is clear on the matter. The Lord will not share His glory with anyone. The pope is fallible like every other sinful person on earth.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Matthew 23:9

"Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy...." Revelation 15:4

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another,..." Isaiah 42:8

From the catechism:
"For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered." Pg. 234, #882

"The Roman Pontiff... as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful..." Pg. 235, #891

"The Pope enjoys, by divine institution, supreme, full, immediate, and universal power in the care of souls" Pg. 246, #937

The pope is NOT the supreme head of the church nor was he ever instituted by God. That role is reserved for Jesus Christ:

"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." Ephesians 5:23

The pope does not have any universal power over the church. Nor is he the supreme "teacher". He attempts to fill a role that ONLY the Holy Spirit can fill:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth..." John 16:13

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:11-13

From the catechism:
"The Roman Pontiff... enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office, when, as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful - who confirms his brethren in the faith - he proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals... This infallibility extends as far as the deposit of divine Revelation itself." Pg. 235, #891

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

Jesus is the ONLY infallible person to ever live:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21

I dont say this to be unkind, but the pope/ Catholic church leaders are liars when comparing their claims to the Scriptures(Isaiah 8:20). In fact, such imposters like the pope, blasphemy God by allowing people to worship him, call him "Holy Father", declare he is the supreme teacher, claim he is infallible when the Word clearly declares otherwise! The Word of God condemns the pope and the catechism as liars. Every Christian should be witnessing to Catholics, and warning them of the dangers of hell which they will go if they trust the catechism and the church to save them!

This Christian site has no Biblical grounds to allow Catholics to post threads here defending their heresies. The Catholic religion is costing multitudes of souls to hell. That should be of GREAT concern to every true believer. I do this series because I care about these people. And hope/pray one day before it is too late forever, they will start trusting ONLY in Christ by faith alone to save them. There is only one gospel in the Word of God. Any variant gospel will send people straight to hell.

One saving gospel- http://christianchat.com/showthread.php?t=1619
Biblical repentance- http://christianchat.com/showthread.php?t=1356

M

motojojo

Love one another as I have loved you. YOU HAVE NO LOVE BROTHER. We are all children of GOD, I know you don't think so. I've been where your at so I say to you with all the love of my heart, I humbly in spirit wash your feet showing you that I love you and forgive you for your hatred and judgment, please let this go. Orthodox,Protestant or Catholic we are GOD'S children and HE is crying out unite my church, my body is torn in pieces and has no love. Don't listen to me take this to prayer and if the spirit tells you your hatred and judgment is good then your listening to the wrong Spirit! You shall know them by their fruits and LOVE is the first one your suppose to have.

Jul 29, 2009
Josie, you're my, source of most frustration!

Forget, when I don't meet expectations! Everything you wish came true, in the end we all blamed you! Even though as they all know you weren't the only...

One
Two
Three
Four

Why do you still keep it around when you know it brings me down? I'm hating everything... And I know that you dated other guys, but I gotta wonder why you'd leave it out for me. ME!

Why am I still hanging around when I know it brings me down? I'm hating everything... And you are getting rides home in his car and making out in his front yard, and hating everything!

Please don't remind me!
Put your past behind me!
It shines so bright it blinds me!
I wish that this would end!
And I am not fine, last night I saw you online!
Your screen name used to be mine!
Why can't we just pretend!?

If we could have another day, I've got so much left to say! I'll tell you everything. And I'll laugh when I think about the past, when I see you after class you're hating everything!

Please don't remind me!
Put your past behind me!

Please don't remind me!
Put your past behind me!

And she said: "Na na, na na na, na na na, na na na! I just forgot you were there! Na na, na na na, na na na, na na na! I just forgot you were there! Na na, na na na, na na na, nanananana na! I just forgot you were there! Na na, na na na, na na na, nanananananana na!"

Please don't remind me!
Put your past behind me!

Please don't remind me!
Put your past behind me!

And she said: "Na na na, na na!"

J

Jezreel

[ Peter was a stone, he was not the rock, the foundation.

"We need a new plan!" Satan cried, fire darting from his flashing eyes. "Two hundred years we've waged this war, only to be worse off than before. What does the problem seem to be? We smite one, they rise up three? We must tailor-make a plan suited to the weakness of man."
"Ah yes! If I can't destroy it I will pervert it! I will seduce this family God loves so dear!" Satan scoffed, while grasping his hands in disdain as if he were crushing them in his very palms. "I will plan their compromise. Remember Samson. The battle is as good as won!"

"I will create a counterfeit, a Church to my own liking. We will appeal to man's ambition, his perverted desire to rule. Diotrephes, if you please, had it right after all. I will offer them kingdoms, and entice them with riches; they will usurp the very throne of Christ himself. And all this will be done in the name of God and righteousness. I love it!" Satan shouted, as the hideous groans and sneers of the hordes of hell reverberated through the abyss.
"'The greatest among you shall be a servant.' Ha! I'll make these servants into kings and their servanthood into tyranny. And for my masterstroke, these pagan temples that I have built will be their new home. I see it all so clearly now! They will sit in rows, silent, yes, silent at last. Those who turned my world upside-down will sit silently, in rows, entertained. How I have wished it!
"Ah, what greater pain could I inflict upon the creator, than for him to see his children wrapped in chains, worshiping in my temples, surrounded by my idols and led by my pontiff kings."
"'You shall have no other gods before me.' Ha!" Satan scoffed. "We will see about that! Greater deceptions than these shall I weave. I'll surround them with the trappings of idolatry and then when they are worshiping, in part they'll worship me!"

Status
Not open for further replies.