Cessationism a Gnostic Doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Deadflesh

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYDGX22HYI[/video]
Part 1

zone

Jun 13, 2010
oh.........my............stars.

this is truly a first for me: thank you. this i gotta check out.

cessationism sees the foundation laid in the first century with the authority today being scripture: it sees the gifts themselves for what they really were THEN....and that's GNOSTICISM?

mkay.

i don't often quote macarthur, but here's another who does....i wonder if ANY of it sounds familiar:

How does Rob Bell know that in transcendental meditation aka Contemporary/Centering Prayer for the “Christian” that these duplicious dreamers are actually experiencing God? Answer: He doesn’t; and neither do any of these other fools who claim to have a “deeper” knowledge (Greek: gnosis) of God through their mindless meditation. It’s not like Jesus hasn’t tried to warn us. As one illustration consider the following from John MacArthur: Existential Neo-Orthodoxy Denies Sola Scriptura:
[Contemplative Spirituality aka] Mysticism is perfectly suited for religious existentialism; indeed, it is the inevitable consequence. The mystic disdains rational understanding and seeks truth instead through the feelings, the imagination, personal visions, inner voices, private illumination, of other purely subjective means. Objective truth becomes practically superfluous.
Mysticial experiences are therefore self-authenticating; that is, they are not subject to any form of objective verification. They are unique to the person who experiences them. Since they do not arise from or depend upon any rational process, they are invulnerable to any refutation by rational means…
Mysticism is therefore antithetical to discernment. It is an extreme form of reckless faith. Mysticism is the great melting pot into which neo-orthodoxy, the charismatic movement, anti-intellectual evangelicals, and even some segments of Roman Catholicism have been synthesized.
This is actually a short excerpt from MacArthur’s over-looked book Reckless Faith: When The Church Loses Its Will To Discern. In closing this for now, we lament just how far the visible church has sunk from, for example, October 6, 1536. That’s the day William Tyndale was tied to the stake, strangled, and then burned, so that you could have that Bible in your hands, which false prophets of Emergence like Rob Bell tell you can’t really be understood.

http://apprising.org/2009/05/21/evangelicalism-rejecting-sola-scriputra-in-lust-for-neo-gnostic-experience/

~

you know....if someone can find vids and articles and studies saying cessationism is gnosticism i guess we've gone full circle.

whatcha gonna do?

i tried.

M

Meridoc

Screw videos or talks by one man or another. The BIBLE says we are to eagerly desire spiritual gifts with no mention of an expiry date. Didn't know that God's gifts were so limited, thought we served an ALL-POWERFUL GOD. Read your bible and check what truth it has for you. Don't apply the Bible to your truth.

A

AnandaHya

Ephesians 4:7-8
New King James Version (NKJV)
Spiritual Gifts

7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:

“ When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”[a]

mmm MOST people do believe that God speaks through the words of the BIBLE and God's eternal LAW written inside the hearts of men through the Holy Spirit.