Charles Manson Dead.......Finally!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Galatea

Just think what Charles Manson could have done with his life if he'd been on the right track. He was smart and had a magnetic personality. He could have done so much good. Instead he tried to incite a race riot, caused half a dozen murders, shattered several families, and cost taxpayers millions of dollars in legal fees and incarceration costs. What a tragic waste of a life. /facepalm
He was jailed as a little boy and his mother was a prostitute. There is no wonder that this little boy grew up to be a criminal. I think God looks at us all as little children, and forgives. Who knows what Hell little Charlie Manson suffered? It is a cycle. I hope he went straight to Heaven and was able to avoid Hell altogether.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
He was jailed as a little boy and his mother was a prostitute. There is no wonder that this little boy grew up to be a criminal. I think God looks at us all as little children, and forgives. Who knows what Hell little Charlie Manson suffered? It is a cycle. I hope he went straight to Heaven and was able to avoid Hell altogether.
Hopefully he came to know Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior before he finally passed

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Thank goodness this man finally got what was coming to him. He and O.J. Simpson just seem like the kind of people who just keep on going, guilty as all get out, but O.J. will eventually discover a day when the death angel pays him a visit too, and I can only hope that his heart and soul is right with God Almighty before that day
Death is coming for all of us and he lived to be 83 years old. His victims weren't quite so lucky. So I don't really think he actually got what was coming for him or what he really deserved in this world, but if he didn't repent then he is paying his dues now, though.

G

Galatea

Death is coming for all of us and he lived to be 83 years old. His victims weren't quite so lucky. So I don't really think he actually got what was coming for him or what he really deserved in this world, but if he didn't repent then he is paying his dues now, though.
Why would we, who have obtained mercy and forgiveness of sins, begrudge another to obtain mercy and forgiveness. I hope he has NOT gotten what he deserves, but has obtained mercy and forgiveness.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Why would we, who have obtained mercy and forgiveness of sins, begrudge another to obtain mercy and forgiveness. I hope he has NOT gotten what he deserves, but has obtained mercy and forgiveness.
Very true. And besides, it's not ours to judge.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Yeah, I know God is a merciful God and no I'm not begrudging anyone of forgiveness, but I do think that it is ridiculous how the law is in this country people shouldn't be able to lay around a jail cell.. what kind of punishment is that? No wonder there is so much murder and rape and other crimes because there is nothing for them to fear really but being incarcerated or at the very worst they get some kind of humane death sentence.

The victims of these crimes didn't receive that same humane treatment. So yeah I think there should be some stricter punishment for folks like Charlie Manson in this world.

G

Galatea

Very true. And besides, it's not ours to judge.
Yes, this is very true. Only the individual knows what passes between him and God. The verse in the Bible that has been in my mind for some time is “I would have mercy and not sacrifice.” It has made me ponder the mercy of God who told us that His mercy endureth FOREVER.

G

Galatea

Yeah, I know God is a merciful God and no I'm not begrudging anyone of forgiveness, but I do think that it is ridiculous how the law is in this country people shouldn't be able to lay around a jail cell.. what kind of punishment is that? No wonder there is so much murder and rape and other crimes because there is nothing for them to fear really but being incarcerated or at the very worst they get some kind of humane death sentence.

The victims of these crimes didn't receive that same humane treatment. So yeah I think there should be some stricter punishment for folks like Charlie Manson in this world.
If we are Christians, and desire everyone to know Christ, shouldn’t we be against the death penalty in order to allow a person time to possibly get saved and know the love of God, here?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
While God is merciful Manson mocked God. God is also a God of justice. Manson rejected Gods mercy and now has received Gods justice. God was indeed willing but Manson refused.

The tender heart is always at a loss to explain the hard heart. Always remain tender toward God.

Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

For the cause of Christ
Roger

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
If we are Christians, and desire everyone to know Christ, shouldn’t we be against the death penalty in order to allow a person time to possibly get saved and know the love of God, here?
You made a good point, but I keep thinking along the lines that a person is given a stay of execution even when given the death penalty, so there is time for that person to come to know Christ and repent before their sentence is carried out. But if the death penalty were in place and staple to a crime, such as number one, murder, then I believe a lot of the violence and murders would diminish. But ultimately, if people would turn back to God and follow Christ's teachings, that would be the most beneficial. 2nd Chronicles 7:14

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Charles Manson - There but for the grace of God go I.

G

Galatea

While God is merciful Manson mocked God. God is also a God of justice. Manson rejected Gods mercy and now has received Gods justice. God was indeed willing but Manson refused.

The tender heart is always at a loss to explain the hard heart. Always remain tender toward God.

Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

For the cause of Christ
Roger
We don’t know what transpired between God and Charles Manson right before Manson died. Who knows? Maybe Jesus came for him and said “Charlie, Charlie- I am here. I love you.” And maybe Charlie Manson said “I’m sorry, Jesus.” And maybe Jesus took Manson to Heaven. We don’t know. I know this: God loves Charles Manson just as much as God loves me. And I know He is not willing that ANY should perish.

I think we might be in for a surprise when we get to Heaven. Who knows?

G

Galatea

You made a good point, but I keep thinking along the lines that a person is given a stay of execution even when given the death penalty, so there is time for that person to come to know Christ and repent before their sentence is carried out. But if the death penalty were in place and staple to a crime, such as number one, murder, then I believe a lot of the violence and murders would diminish. But ultimately, if people would turn back to God and follow Christ's teachings, that would be the most beneficial. 2nd Chronicles 7:14
The death penalty is not a deterrent to crime. But ending poverty and education may be.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
We don’t know what transpired between God and Charles Manson right before Manson died. Who knows? Maybe Jesus came for him and said “Charlie, Charlie- I am here. I love you.” And maybe Charlie Manson said “I’m sorry, Jesus.” And maybe Jesus took Manson to Heaven. We don’t know. I know this: God loves Charles Manson just as much as God loves me. And I know He is not willing that ANY should perish.

I think we might be in for a surprise when we get to Heaven. Who knows?
Yeah, we may all be surprised in the end, but this topic does make me think about being turned over to a reprobate mind. Some people commit such heinous crimes that I can’t help but think they were probably reprobates to even consider doing such things to others. I know God gives everyone a chance but is there a point to which people could walk so far away from him that they will be turned over to be reprobates?

I don’t claim to know for sure and am not judging that he was a reprobate. This is just some thoughts I am contemplating about this.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
The death penalty is not a deterrent to crime. But ending poverty and education may be.
I agree the death penalty is not really a deterrent to crime, but I think there should be other deterrents in place as well so that the criminals are not just being pampered and if you talk to most criminals they brag about how good they got it knowing they are getting 3 hots and cot....All the while receiving health care, having access to weight lifting rooms, playing basket ball, and watching tv.

And yeah, it would be nice to end poverty and all, but I don't know how much murder and rape that would actually stop. We know that not all poor uneducated people commit rape and murder, and we also know that there are many rich and highly educated folks who do commit rape and murder. I would say most of the wealthy ones don't even spend time in jail because they are able to afford good lawyers, and many probably don't even get accused more less convicted for their crimes.

S

Susanna

Yes, we are able to go to Heaven. May God be praised for His mercy and love- that surpass our understanding. I hope he is in Heaven and I hope he is well at last.
I don't know, I have seen so much evil over the years that I'm no longer capable of saying prayers for the people doing all that evil.

Maybe they sort things out with God in the end, but when you have seen so many of them right in the eye, being threathened by them, seen their victims...seen all the awfulness....then it's difficult to believe they'd ever ask for forgiveness...sometimes I wonder if they are human.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016

It is my understanding that a prompt death penalty is a deterrent to crime. The Bible proscribes it for certain crimes. But delaying it for decades is not much help.